Up next: St Joe's

2012 SoCon Regular Season Champs!
i77cat

Up next: St Joe's

Post by i77cat » Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:48 pm

Wednesday, 7pm, our house, ESPN+
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

i77cat

Re: Up next: St Joe's

Post by i77cat » Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:06 pm

Underdogs. Just like in all our remaining games. We're good enough to win any of them, playing poorly enough to lose them all. That last game was tied for the worst basketball I've seen in the conference this season. It was matched only by the SBU ladies' game at Davidson. That was the one that tipped their AD over the edge.

https://masseyratings.com/cbw2023/2069
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

citycat

Post by citycat » Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:25 pm

I have not been able to attend a Women's game since early in the season. How many players are in uniform at these games? We only play 8.

Is there any discussion that any of the players who are not currently playing will return before the season ends?

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:11 pm

Riana is in uniform, but rarely plays. The last I heard, there was some hope that Chloe would return. Her career shooting numbers are exceptional, but she helps in other ways.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:03 pm

Odd choice to have ESPN+ coverage for this game and not for lacrosse hosting a ranked team.

DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:51 pm

i77cat wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:03 pm
Odd choice to have ESPN+ coverage for this game and not for lacrosse hosting a ranked team.
I wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with the ACC's contract with ESPN.
"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:59 pm

I assume it is just a choice by Davidson. We only put one event on ESPN+ each day. WBB has a lot more fans than lacrosse, but our lacrosse team is a lot more fun to watch. It'll catch on. And we'll eventually be able to cover multiple events.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:00 pm

Road teams are rolling in the early games and are favored in the games that are starting now. Could be up to the Wildcats to stop the road sweep.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-bas ... /2/group/3

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:28 pm

Richmond has rallied. The other four games are looking good for the visiting teams.

Corpulent Cat

Post by Corpulent Cat » Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:43 pm

We got schooled that half. The Hawks are on fire. Down 15.

They also look, as individual players, more fundamentally sound that we do.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:53 pm

We had two leads of 2 points in the first quarter. Quarter ended with us down just 18-16. But it is 42-27 at the half.

Richmond got hot and earned a home win.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:19 pm

Better 3rd. Didn't lose any ground. 57-42.

Corpulent Cat

Post by Corpulent Cat » Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:21 pm

Played a bit better that quarter but didn't make up any ground.

StJoes is really taking advantage of our switches on defense and theHawks repeatedly have mismatches to their favor. We haven't adjusted much as I can tell.

Corpulent Cat

Post by Corpulent Cat » Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:41 pm

We played better in the 2nd half, but let's not kid ourselves - a double-digit conference loss on our home floor is bad.

St Joes shot well and is very well coached.

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:09 pm

I took my newest camera with me to the game to learn how to shoot video with it and see what some of the settings would affect. I won't bother you with technical details or what I didn't do right. I have sent the video to YouTube where they are posting it at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq1G-InGBaM. Currently just a really lores version is available. The 4K and HD versions should come up before 6pm. Whatever version you watch, if you choose to do so, will take nine minutes of your life you won't get back. The shots from the first half do not show the scoreboard. When I was editing the video I considered editing the scores, maybe with a reference to Rambo: First Blood Part II. So far it looks like YouTube's mangling is making it darker and more subdued. All that pink and red likely makes their software want to "correct" it.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ