Up next: SBU

2012 SoCon Regular Season Champs!
stevelee

Re: Up next: SBU

Post by stevelee » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:06 am

i77cat wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:59 am
She can shoot. Always could. Now she's doing all the other things better. She's obviously worked on defense, ball handling, stamina, etc. With Chloe in a boot for a while, she's going to get minutes. Unfortunately, we don't get to play against any more teams as hapless as the Bonnies. They are a complete train wreck.
I’m not sure I would use the word “unfortunately” there. It can be fun to pull for your team to double the other team’s score or pull for Mallorie to outscore them. In SoCon days I would ignore our team score and pull for Jake Cohen vs. the other team. Still, I wonder if games like that are good for the team. I like having our teams in a league that challenges our teams, and can rejoice even more when they do as well as so many of our sports have done.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:42 pm

"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

Joneohcat83

Post by Joneohcat83 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:25 pm

i77cat wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:59 am
They are a complete train wreck.
Bonnies get a new engineer after the old one was mauled by a bunch of Wildcats:
]https://buffalonews.com/sports/college/ ... c944c.html
"You don’t trick a team that has this level of experience and continuity. It’s just not going to happen." St. Joseph's Hawks coach Billy Lange

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:35 pm

I discussed this with Derek after the game. I expected him to be fired. I'm surprised it was now. The fans sound happy. The players probably are. https://bonabandwagon.proboards.com/thr ... ach?page=1
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge