Up next: at Wofford

2012 SoCon Regular Season Champs!
i77cat

Re: Up next: at Wofford

Post by i77cat » Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:15 pm

I love women's basketball. I want Davidson to have a really good team. We have a long, long way to go to compete for an A10 title.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

collegecoach8502

Post by collegecoach8502 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:10 am

Derek Smith wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:03 am
14 Players on the roster

From what I understand there are 13 Scholarship / 1 Walk-on

The 14 players on the roster are the same ones that began the season.

I have no idea how many scholarships the team has been granted by the administration, but the NCAA allows 15.

I know that the anticipated return of players run the full spectrum on the time horizon.
NCAA allows for 13 scholarships for men and 15 for women. I believe we fully fund 13 for both.

In women's basketball you need the total of 15 to be competitive in the A10 and beyond. 15 scholarships and probably 2 or 3 walkons. Need 16-18 bodies with some talent. I would advocate the college to add 2 to fully fund the women, but at the same time, so many other programs need scholarships themselves.

Women's volleyball has about 4. They were terrific under the circumstances where the top A10 programs all are fully funded with 12. Davidson would compete nationally (not just within the conference) if fully funded. I am biased for obvious reasons, but believe that to be true. Chris and entire staff/team did an unbelievable job this year. Like insanely good.
"He is a 6-foot-3, sweet smiling, fun loving boogeyman who will decimate entire teams, then sign autographs and take pictures with his fallen foes' children.

He is a question with no answers."

Joneohcat83

Post by Joneohcat83 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:09 pm

collegecoach8502 wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:10 am
Derek Smith wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:03 am
14 Players on the roster

From what I understand there are 13 Scholarship / 1 Walk-on

The 14 players on the roster are the same ones that began the season.

I have no idea how many scholarships the team has been granted by the administration, but the NCAA allows 15.

I know that the anticipated return of players run the full spectrum on the time horizon.
NCAA allows for 13 scholarships for men and 15 for women. I believe we fully fund 13 for both.

In women's basketball you need the total of 15 to be competitive in the A10 and beyond. 15 scholarships and probably 2 or 3 walkons. Need 16-18 bodies with some talent. I would advocate the college to add 2 to fully fund the women, but at the same time, so many other programs need scholarships themselves.

Women's volleyball has about 4. They were terrific under the circumstances where the top A10 programs all are fully funded with 12. Davidson would compete nationally (not just within the conference) if fully funded. I am biased for obvious reasons, but believe that to be true. Chris and entire staff/team did an unbelievable job this year. Like insanely good.
As I muse about hitting a lottery (well, first I have to play it), I think that this would be as good a place as any to put some 501c3 funds.
"You don’t trick a team that has this level of experience and continuity. It’s just not going to happen." St. Joseph's Hawks coach Billy Lange

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:24 pm

As much as I love women's basketball, the first sport I'd contribute to at Davidson would be our lacrosse team. They, even more than volleyball, do a fantastic job with very little. And they are a blast to watch.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

citycat

Post by citycat » Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:32 pm

Perhaps Coach Fulks has been reading this board. An article on the website announces 4 newcomers to the Davidson Women’s program.

None are in casts or lying on gurneys.