Up next: at Richmond

2012 SoCon Regular Season Champs!
i77cat

Re: Up next: at Richmond

Post by i77cat » Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:42 pm

I disagree. As happy as I am about that win, there is zero chance to win the tournament. We only played 7 players in that last game. You can't win 4 straight playing just 7. And the talent gap between us and the top teams, especially Dayton, is very large. We've played better in the last three games. We're still in a very tough stretch of basketball.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

Ancient Mariner

Post by Ancient Mariner » Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:49 pm

All true but our recent losses were really close-- and the shooting and grit shown at Richmond could be the difference makers-- so we certainly could be- have the potential to be- contenders. But yes we gotta get some of the injured back. We'll see tonight--

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:21 pm

Those last four losses were to Dayton, George Mason, St Joe's, and St Joe's. Losing to the #1 team by 10 isn't too bad. Losing by any margin to #14 and #10 doesn't suggest that we are ready to contend for anything.

https://masseyratings.com/cbw2022/10447

Massey has us losing by 5 tonight. He has us winning 1 of our final 5 games. https://masseyratings.com/cbw2022/2069
Go Cats.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

Corpulent Cat

Post by Corpulent Cat » Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:21 pm

We aren't going to do anything in the tournament until we get our turnovers under control and get our injured players back and productive.

No sign all year of correcting the turnovers so I wouldn't hold my breath.