Up next: at SBU

2012 SoCon Regular Season Champs!
i77cat

Re: Up next: at SBU

Post by i77cat » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:09 am

I liked that we fouled before they could take a potential game-tying shot. Especially since the Bonnies had only 1 team foul. I might have fouled earlier, but at least the SBU player didn't get into her motion prior to Tabor's foul. If they missed one of the free throws, they weren't going to be able to foul us 4 times and put us on the line. Lops missed the first free throw. So we're still up two. She had to miss the second one and hope for a rebound. That was the only chance they had. Instead, she makes it and leaves them down 1, only 1 team foul, and we're inbounding 70 feet away from where they need to score. Elle's layup was gravy. Tabor's shot and foul sealed the game for us.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

Dr. Bliss

Post by Dr. Bliss » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:18 pm

Yeah that in-bounds play was pretty simple. With .6 just dump the ball into your court anywhere.
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx

DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:37 pm

Dr. Bliss wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:18 pm
Yeah that in-bounds play was pretty simple. With .6 just dump the ball into your court anywhere.
I doubt we gained any fans in Olean from that last meaningless layup.
"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:49 pm

Attendance was listed at 86. Subtract the people who were never going to be our fans (their men's team, parents of their ladies' team) and there weren't more than a few dozen people who may have hardened their hearts against us. At least she didn't dunk it.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

Dr. Bliss

Post by Dr. Bliss » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:59 pm

I mean it was kind of a reflex move.

I always chuckle watching women’s basketball when teams go all out in meaningless possessions at the end of games when they are way behind. Happens a lot. Maybe they are holding out hope for a 7-point play. Hey, our guys had one the other night.
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx

dorp

Post by dorp » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:26 pm

DC69Wildcat wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:37 pm
Dr. Bliss wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:18 pm
I doubt we gained any fans in Olean from that last meaningless layup.
Did that sway the outcome versus the spread?