Recruiting / Kool Aid

2012 SoCon Regular Season Champs!
chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:35 am

Okay, so I'm little slow getting there sometimes.
Derek Smith wrote:Spent the last year at Basketball Australia's Centre of Excellence.
The above refers to 2019 commit Adelaide Fuller.

If you look at SEABL standings on the internet, you'll see a team listed as BA COE. So it turns out that Adelaide also competed in the SEABL this past season, along with current Wildcat Cassidy Gould. She played in 15 games, averaging 5.7 pts and 4.3 rebs in 17+ minutes per game. Double figures in three consecutive games at one point.

Again, a lot of these women play in the WNBL during the Australian spring and summer. Great experience for one of our young players. Like Diamond Valley's SEABL games, you can find some of the BA COE games on YouTube. I believe that Adelaide wears #9.
"... coming out of the murky, dreary jungle of untutored mediocrity."

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:41 am

More recently... congratulations to Adelaide for being named to the Queensland U20 state team that will compete in the national tournament early next year in Canberra.

https://basketballqld.com.au/2019-under ... ouncement/

It appears that there is one more "cut" in early November. As best I can tell, Queensland took 10 players to last year's U20 tournament.

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:47 am

One other thing to mention... prior to receiving her scholarship at the BA CoE, Adelaide honed her skills with Davidson men's Hall of Fame inductee Derek Rucker.

https://www.facebook.com/DerekRuckerBas ... 595766892/

Pretty cool!

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:30 pm

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/nkzu1bl92m85w3 ... tz2020.mp3

The above is from an event that Sallie attended in 2016. My singular goal in hunting it down was to learn how to correctly pronounce "Schutz".

Duquesne, on its roster page, has pronounciation links for eleven of its players.

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:12 pm

Yeah, our 2019 commits are pretty good, too.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/h ... 778635002/

The high school season has already begun in Indiana. Nice start for Cameron, stuffing some stat sheets.

Derek Smith

Post by Derek Smith » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:40 pm

Welcome Cam, Peyton & Adelaide

Peyton Carter

Position: Forward

Height: 6’1
Hometown: St. Augustine, Fla.
High School: Nease

Athletic Honors: Basketball: competed on varsity team all four years … 2018 All First-Coast Second Team … 2018 All-County First Team … 2018 All-Conference Award … 2017 All-County First Team … 2017 All-Conference Award … Golf: competed on varsity team throughout all four years … 2017 Regional Champions … 2016 District Champions … 2015 District Runner-Up … Track: participated in shot put and discus events … placed within the top 10 in the district competition for shot put … 2016 Girls’ Conference Champions.

Coach Gayle's Scouting Report: “Peyton is one of the most athletic and relentless forwards in the class. She has a knack for finishing around the rim, range out to the elbows, and is a very good and willing passer. She is going to be a monster rebounder and defensive stopper for us from day 1, and has all of the tools to develop into a very versatile and explosive forward for us. She also plays with a contagious energy and enthusiasm that brings out the best in her teammates.”

Why I chose Davidson: “I chose Davidson because of high-level academics that I would be able to receive, while also being able to play Division I basketball in a great small-town atmosphere.”

Adelaide Fuller

Position: Forward

Height: 6’3
Hometown: Queensland, Australia
High School: UC Secondary College Lake Gininniderra

Athletic Honors: Played junior club basketball for the Lang Park Lions and Coffs Harbour Suns … represented Brisbane Capitals in 2017-18 BQJBC U18 Premier League averaging 18.8 points per game earning team MVP honors … represented Brisbane Capitals in BQ 2017 Southern Basketball League earning 2017 Coaches Award … represented Queensland South at Australian Junior Basketball Championships in 2018 averaging 11.2 points and 8.2 rebounds per game … selected for Basketball Australia’s 2017 Athlete Development Camp … awarded scholarship to attend Basketball Australia’s Centre of Excellence for 2018 and 2019 … Australian Sapphires Camp Squad for 2018 FIBA Under-17 World Cup and Australian Gems Camp Squad for 2018 FIBA Asia Under-18 Championships … represented Basketball Australia Centre of Excellence in the 2018 South East Australian Basketball League season averaging 5.7 points and 4.3 rebounds per game.

Coach Gayle's Scouting Report: “Adelaide is one of the top post players coming out of Australia in this class. She possesses great length and her rebounding will be a game-changing addition for us on the defensive end. Adelaide has a complete offensive package in our style; she can finish efficiently on the low block and has range out to the 3. Coming from the Basketball Australia Center of Excellence and regularly competing against professional women, Adelaide will be well prepared for the rigors and demands of college basketball.”

Why I chose Davidson: “The close-knit community at Davidson really appealed to me and the existing Australian connections within the program made my commitment to the Wildcats an easy decision in the end."

Cameron Tabor

Position: Guard

Height: 5’9
Hometown: New Castle, Ind.
High School: New Castle

Athletic Honors: School records held: most points in a game (45) and a quarter (20) … most field goals in a game (16) … most points in a season (554 as a junior) … highest single season scoring average (23.1 as a junior) … most three-pointers in a game (12) … Basketball Awards: All-Conference … ICGSA First Team All-State … Indiana Junior All Star … IBCA Subway underclassmen Supreme 15 All-State Team … Courier Times area player of the year … First-Team All-Area … Softball honors: All-Conference, All-County Team, Third-Team All-State.

Coach Gayle's Scouting Report: “Cameron is one of the elite scorers and shooters in the Midwest. She has a unique ability to shoot off of screens, the dribble, and a shiftiness to get into the lane and finish against contact. She also has the capability of making her teammates better and stuffing the stat sheet in a variety of ways. While possessing a complete offensive skill-set, it is her killer-instinct in big games that sets her apart from her peers. We are thrilled to bring another competitive and versatile guard into our program.”

Why I chose Davidson: “I chose Davidson because I felt it was the best place to get both an unbelievable education and an amazing basketball experience. On my visit, everyone was very welcoming and made me feel at home from the start. The Davidson community impressed me and I am glad I get to join something so special.”
Sit vis nobiscum

chantillycat

Re: Cameron

Post by chantillycat » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:39 pm

Cameron just before halftime of New Castle's game last night against Jay County:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/b1it1cjvtwrg5wf/cam.mp4

I've seen Katie Turner do this *twice*, but I think time had barely expired both times.

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:29 am

I couldn't watch the video above on my iPad for some reason.

I hope no one else had that problem, but just in case I added it to YouTube.

https://youtu.be/8G6paEnhOvg

chantillycat

Re: Class of '18 & '19 Recruiting

Post by chantillycat » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:23 am

More recognition and upcoming experience for Adelaide Fuller, as she is among the 20 female players invited to the Australian Development Camp in January...

https://www.theadvocate.com.au/story/58 ... -crawford/

https://twitter.com/basketballqld/statu ... 0811480064

I believe Adelaide is #9 in the Twitter pic.

chantillycat

Re:

Post by chantillycat » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:04 am

chantillycat wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:41 am
More recently... congratulations to Adelaide for being named to the Queensland U20 state team that will compete in the national tournament early next year in Canberra.

https://basketballqld.com.au/2019-under ... ouncement/

It appears that there is one more "cut" in early November. As best I can tell, Queensland took 10 players to last year's U20 tournament.
Well, not exactly early November, but good news, as Adelaide made the final cut. Congrats!

https://basketballqld.com.au/2019-u20-s ... ouncement/

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:26 pm

Great honor for Adelaide.

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:57 pm

[I'm going to put all five signees/commits in this one post, instead of making people bounce between threads.]

Nothing new lately for Adelaide Fuller. The national junior championships start about a month from now, so I perhaps I'll start getting hits again soon enough.

Peyton Carter's averages are 8.7 pts and 6.1 rebs. Yes, that's misleading. She shares the limelight with the two other senior D1 signees on her Nease HS team, plus another senior who is D1 level, plus plenty of depth. Their record is 18-1. A typical score for them is, say, 71-25, and that's with their coach (Sherri Anthony, approaching 600 career wins) throttling back after the first half of most games.

Cameron Tabor is again putting up crazy high numbers -- 23.1 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 4.3 apg, 2.1 spg, 1.6 bpg. Her New Castle HS team's record is 10-8, with Cameron doing a lot of the heavy lifting, obviously.

It's harder to find numbers for Sallie Schutz and Mallorie Haines. I did run across an interview with Sallie. It took place in December, right after she scored her 1000th point for Westminster Christian Academy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmPFZ5yXoTM

Yet another media ready Davidson commit.

Also, I can report that Mallorie's Davidson Day School team is currently #1 in the Observer's Sweet Sixteen. And I found a brief clip from a December game.

https://twitter.com/CarolinaGHoops/stat ... 2471063554

The player who pushed the ball and passed to Mallorie is a Wake Forest commit. I believe the opponent is the #1 team in Tennessee, and is #20 nationally.

Edit: Sallie had a 47-point game a few days ago. Eight 3-ptrs.

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:56 am

chantillycat wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:57 pm
Yet another media ready Davidson commit signee.
This just appeared. The game was yesterday on the road against a good opponent.

Less than 3 minutes long. The Davidson questions are at the end.

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:00 am

Congrats to 2019 signee Cameron Tabor!

https://twitter.com/NewCastleGBB/status ... 0988772353

Last night's 30 pt game put her over the top, and it helped to extend New Castle's winning streak to six games.

The game before that, Cameron exploded for 45 pts. I think that makes three consecutive seasons with a 40+ pt game.

Steve Alford is the boy's all-time leader at New Castle.

catborn'bred

Post by catborn'bred » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:31 am

Thanks, CC. She appears to be a dynamic scorer. Among our current team, a couple of our graduating seniors are most adept at creating their own shot and scoring off the dribble. It will be nice to add this talented scorer to next year's squad.