Recruiting / Kool Aid

2012 SoCon Regular Season Champs!
chantillycat

Re: Class of '18 & '19 Recruiting

Post by chantillycat » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:34 am

Double-double for Adelaide in QLD's opening game, 22 and 14.
"... coming out of the murky, dreary jungle of untutored mediocrity."

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:41 pm

Game 2 (at 8 am in the morning, local time), 20 pts, 17 rebs, 5 asts for Adelaide.

QLD was missing one of their top players, Alexandra Fowler, who went down (ankle) in game 1.

-------

BTW, Cassidy Gould was at this tournament a year ago, a couple of months before she committed to Davidson. She is listed here as an "emergency player" for the team from Victoria.

Well, there must have been an emergency.

Cassidy not only ended up on their 10-woman squad, she helped Victoria to its 8th consecutive title by, among other things, scoring 11 points in the final.

As a reward for winning eight in a row, Victoria was invited to bring two teams to this year's tournament.

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:55 am

Yeah, I know, there are more games to play, but hey, this is pretty cool.

The other player at 15.5 rebs, Isabelle Bourne, is headed to P5 Nebraska. Adelaide's numbers include a game against her, as well as games against "bigs" who have signed with Virginia and Texas.

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:51 am

Peyton Carter and Nease play their first regional game this evening, at home against Lake City Columbia.

In Florida 7A, it's #25 at #1. That's all I have, as Ken Massey doesn't appear to cover Florida high schools.

Like their first district tourney game, this one might not have too much drama. That said, it's high school, there's no shot clock, there's a 3-pt line, and it's the playoffs. I'm sure no one is taking anything for granted.

-----------

6 pts, 13 rebs, and 2 blks for Adelaide in her 3rd AUS champs game. This was against powerhouse Victoria, whose average victory margin has been more than 44 pts. She played the first 34 minutes without subbing out before finally leaving the game for good with 6 minutes left.

Adelaide is still the tournament leader in rebounds per game, and is now 7th in points per game. She's also 4th in made FTs, and 5th in FT% among players with at least 10 attempts.

catborn'bred

Post by catborn'bred » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:19 am

CCat,

Thanks for the continued recruiting updates. Excited about this season and seasons to come.

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:44 pm

Nope, no drama. Nease big over Columbia.

Next Tuesday in the regional semis, the Panthers will face Middleburg for a fifth time this season.

From tonight's game, a pic of the 6-4 post Peyton goes against every day in practice.

https://twitter.com/NeaseAthletics/stat ... 2833659904

-------------

Adelaide scored 14 points and grabbed 11 boards versus Western Australia in her 8 am Friday morning game.

I'm hoping it's still Thursday night when you read the above sentence so you can be as confused as I am.

Adelaide got a lot more help from her teammates in the win over WA than in previous games.

Dr. Bliss

Post by Dr. Bliss » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:24 pm

chantillycat wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:44 pm
Nope, no drama. Nease big over Columbia.

Next Tuesday in the regional semis, the Panthers will face Middleburg for a fifth time this season.

From tonight's game, a pic of the 6-4 post Peyton goes against every day in practice.

https://twitter.com/NeaseAthletics/stat ... 2833659904

-------------

Adelaide scored 14 points and grabbed 11 boards versus Western Australia in her 8 am Friday morning game.

I'm hoping it's still Thursday night when you read the above sentence so you can be as confused as I am.

Adelaide got a lot more help from her teammates in the win over WA than in previous games.
Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'
Into the future
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:38 am

Ha!

Adelaide had 9 and 13 in a tough loss to Victoria A on Friday afternoon.

One more game, I think, this Saturday morning. Like the other games, it'll be over before it starts.

chantillycat

Re: Class of 2020 Recruits

Post by chantillycat » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:22 am

chantillycat wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:23 pm
Congrats to 2021 commit Mallorie Haines, who just passed 1000 pts for her HS career. Woohoo!
Nice award presentation for Mallorie Haines yesterday.

https://twitter.com/yourgaragegirl/stat ... 1882570752

Also last night, Davidson Day School started their playoff run with a lopsided win over Westchester Country Day. Best I can tell, they are top-seeded out of the 31 schools in the NCISAA 2A classification. They'll play 8th seeded Salem Baptist Christian on Saturday.

P.S. It is not easy finding stuff on Sallie Schutz and Westminster Christian Academy. MaxPreps thinks they've played 18 games, 10 of which they have scores for, and all 10 of those are wins. I will keep trying.

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:52 pm

18 and 9 for Adelaide in her Saturday morning game, which is her last of the competition.

Grueling tournament, six games in five days, and her playing so many minutes. Excellent individual showing for Adelaide.

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:19 pm

Davidson Day with a one-sided win over Salem Baptist Christian today. Mallorie Haines with 27 pts.

Next up, the Patriots head to Raleigh for the Final Four semis. They'll play 22-2 Wayne Country Day on Friday.

Go Mallorie! Go Patriots!

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:06 am

Some closure on Adelaide Fuller's adventures at U20 champs...

Adelaide ended up leading the tournament in rebounds per game. She also finished 8th in scoring average, at 14.8 ppg. She did this against post players headed to places like Clemson, Virginia, Nebraska, TCU, Texas, and #13/#12 Gonzaga.

I got the chance to watch one of the QLD live streams. Very nice all-around game, lots to like.

And an outstanding tournament for her.

Go Cats!

------------------

Reminder: Middleburg v Nease, chapter 5, tomorrow evening, regional semis. Go Panthers! Go Peyton!

If you're the multi-threading type, I think you'll be able to track the running score of this game on MaxPreps while you're watching the MBB game with Dayton.

http://www.maxpreps.com/games/girls-bas ... 83f83a0c89

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:13 pm

It's about time I found some Sallie Schutz news.

Westminster Christian Academy won their regional 10 days ago, then lopsidedly beat Arlington Christian last Thursday in the GICAA Division II-A quarterfinals. Sallie scored 23 in the latter game, all in the 1st half, including four 1st qtr triples.

The Final Four is next up for 2nd ranked WCA. Friday at 4 pm they'll play 8th ranked Cherokee Christian in the state semis.

Go Lions! Go Sallie!

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:23 pm

You know the old saying -- it's tough to beat a team three four five times in the same season.

But that's what Nease did this evening, defeating #5 Middleburg, 67-42. Nice game for Peyton, 14 and 4, plus 3 asts.

I feel bad for Middleburg. They lost only twice this season to teams not named Nease.

Up next for the Panthers, regional finals, Friday at 7 pm, for a spot in the class 7A Final Four. They'll play #6 Booker T. Washington.

The Nease-BTW winner will face either #16 Charlotte or #11 Fort Myers in the state semis. The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th seeded teams in the tournament are all still alive, and all three are on the other side of the bracket,

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:46 pm

Some more nice news... Adelaide Fuller is one of twenty-four players invited to the May camp for the Australian Gems, the squad that will compete in the U19 FIBA World Cup this coming July.

This is the same tournament at which we followed the bronze medal run of Sarah Donovan's Canadian team two years ago.

https://australia.basketball/gems-squad ... world-cup/

Very strong group of players. Congrats, Adelaide!