Recruiting / Kool Aid

2012 SoCon Regular Season Champs!
chantillycat

Re: Recruiting / Kool Aid

Post by chantillycat » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:49 pm

Team Curry over Jay 2021, 53-39, after jumping out to a big halftime lead.

84 foot court. Aggressive, attacking, pressing teams. Not surprising that this one got a bit contentious, as Ashley Rivens rested her top players for much of the 2nd half.

Team Curry will play Essence TipHayes Purple in the championship finals at 3:15 pm.
"... coming out of the murky, dreary jungle of untutored mediocrity."

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:46 pm

Team Curry, 53-48 winners over a very good Essence TipHayes Purple squad. 6-0 for the event, and champs of the Elite Division.

Peak Performance Miller won their game as well, 50-49. The video for that one is a bit snafu'ed, but I believe Tomisin hit the game-winning three-ptr in the final minute, notwithstanding a bloody nose (I think) that forced her out of the game for the final defensive stop.

So... winning 3's from both Tomisin and Mallorie at this event. Very cool. I'll cap the Tomisin one and post it shortly.

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:06 pm

Here's the entire sequence, including Tomisin getting bonked during the scrum for the FT rebound. Score at upper left is wrong, should be 47-49, then eventually 50-49.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfE8taXn4b0

This is Bo Jackson like, how she takes a few seconds to win the game in-between tending to the bleeding.

The only thing missing is coming back into the game and running over Brian Bosworth.

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:09 pm

Session 2 of the ATL 28.5 War Games will run Monday thru Thursday of next week. Both Tomisin's and Mallorie's teams will be there, according to the inner webs.

The live streaming will be provided by SUVtv, which is typically free of charge. We'll see. No idea if the Team Curry games will be 'scoped again, but I wouldn't be shocked either way.

Haven't found anything new for Kelby's team yet.

One Super Bonus Point if you know what the "28.5" in the name of the tournament refers to.

mdickensdc

Post by mdickensdc » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:20 pm

The circumference of a women’s ball v a men’s 29.5

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:23 pm

Ding, ding!

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:29 pm

chantillycat wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:09 pm
Session 2 of the ATL 28.5 War Games will run Monday thru Thursday of next week. Both Tomisin's and Mallorie's teams will be there, according to the inner webs.
Ah, the shifting reality of the net.

This page says Team Curry 17U and Peak Performance Miller 2021 will be there.

This page says they won't, as of this writing.

We'll see.

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:41 pm

Alright, I'm convinced. No Tomisin or Mallorie at War Games this week. Team Curry 15u and 16u will be there, but not 17u. No teams from Peak Performance will be there.

Peak Performance 2021 Miller will be in Birmingham later in the week for the Summer Showdown. Because the internet says so here and here.

And Team Curry 17u will be in Rock Hill at the end of the month for the Phenom Challenge Sweet 16. Because Mallorie's coach says so here.

And it also appears that Midwest Elite 17u G will be in Des Moines, Iowa for Session III of the Tournament of Champions later this week. Because it says so here.

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:28 am

Finally seeing strong rumblings on Twitter that Team Curry 17u will be in Emerson, GA for the BCS Summer Invite Session II -- today and tomorrow.

I don't see them on the schedule yet, but I also don't see a single score from Session I posted, and that ended yesterday after running for two days.

Assuming they're playing, I'd say there's a decent chance of Periscoped games.

The other two tournaments that begin today -- Kelby's and Tomisin's -- will be live-streamed on BeTheBeast.com. They're the ones with the business model that wants to charge you $50 per tournament.

Kelby's bracket in their tournament has teams from all over the Midwest and West -- CA, NV, MO, WI, SD, MI, MN, IL, CO, IA.
----------------------------

Correction: I believe it's Saturday and Sunday for Team Curry 17u. Details are here: https://basketball.exposureevents.com/1 ... id=1532875

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:51 am

Peak Miller lost by 7 to a team from TN yesterday. They'll play teams from AL and MS today. No FBC teams in this event, so they get a break from that.

Midwest Elite split a pair yesterday, winning big over a team from MI, then falling by 1 to a team from NE. Teams from MN/WI and IA await them today.

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:12 pm

Peak Miller split two games today and finished 3rd in their pool. They'll play at least two more games this weekend, and as many as four games if they keep winning.

Midwest Elite responded to yesterday's surprising loss with two dominating wins today, including a win over a good Iowan team that had given them problems in two prior meetings this summer.

Pool winners. A gauntlet awaits them on the morrow.

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:00 am

Team Curry 17u continues to improve. They just now decimated what looked to me like a pretty decent team from Tampa, 53-29.

Next up is a team from NYC this afternoon.
---------------------

Peak Miller lost by 10 today to a team which I believe is from Mississippi. They'll play their final game tomorrow morning against a team from Nashville.

Team Curry lost, 65-47, to NYC Exodus, who are one of the top two teams I've seen this summer. Game was never close. Team Curry will play a team from Washington state tomorrow.

Midwest Elite won their quarterfinal game today, by 6 over a team from Minnesota. That earns them a rematch with the EYBL team from Iowa that's the other top team I've seen this year. First game back in early July was never close. Rematch is later this evening.

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:14 am

Forgot to mention... NYC Exodus is the AAU club of former Wildcat Shneeka Center, c/o 2014.

Midwest Elite fell to All Iowa Attack EYBL by 9. They'll play Colorado Premier for 3rd place this afternoon, which figures to be another challenging game. Good tournament with great comp for MWE.

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:27 pm

Peak Miller lost by 6 to the team from Nashville. Oh well. Tough weekend.

Team Curry beat Tree of Hope EYBL out of Washingon state, 46-34. Unofficially, I had Mallorie with 23 pts on 1-1 2FG and 7-7 3FG. Fun to see her really get it rolling.

For those of you who like comparing scores, Midwest Elite beat this same Tree of Hope team, 62-50, a few weeks ago.

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:55 pm

Midwest Elite over Colorado Premier, 57-56, to win 3rd place in a loaded field. Great showing for them.

Here are the eight shots that Mallorie took from the floor today: https://twitter.com/LakePointSports/sta ... 2510007296

Now for the hard part, which is figuring out where everyone will be next weekend.