Recruiting / Kool Aid

2012 SoCon Regular Season Champs!
chantillycat

Re: Recruiting / Kool Aid

Post by chantillycat » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:32 am

Team Curry will be in Atlanta this weekend for Session 1 of BCSTerrific24.

Games are 9:30 pm Friday, 11:30 am Saturday, and 3:15 pm Saturday. Streams are expected to be available from "the usual source."

https://basketball.exposureevents.com/1 ... -session-i
"... coming out of the murky, dreary jungle of untutored mediocrity."

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:46 pm

Team Curry over FBC Bounce Nation Jay 2021, 56-28.

Second meeting this summer for these two teams. The first game got a bit contentious. This one did as well. I doubt if it helped that both teams wore the same color unis.

Dr. Bliss

Post by Dr. Bliss » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:58 pm

Never seen that before.
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:30 am

Upon further review...

Last night's opponent was reportedly Team Elite Hubbard Chad and not FBC Jay 2021, notwithstanding what the schedule still says.

If that was a last minute thing, it might have contributed to the uniform mix-up.

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:48 am

Does anyone know what safety measure are being employed in these tournaments? I apologize if this has been discussed previously.

It would seem that these 'travel team' events would pose similar risks for college contests, without offering all of the mitigation resources that college contests might afford.

Just curious....

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:22 am

It varies, but there's always something. Here's the boilerplate thing that it used by the USJN tournaments, several of which Kelby's team has attended.

https://www.usjn.com/pdf/USJN-COVID19-RULES.pdf

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:06 am

chantillycat wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:22 am
It varies, but there's always something. Here's the boilerplate thing that it used by the USJN tournaments, several of which Kelby's team has attended.

Thank you. I suppose that traveling with family would lessen both the transmission and the liability issues. Also, the events are probably not required--and may not even know--to report any cases among players/fans stemming from attendance.

If, on the other hand, the events have been safely contested, they may point a way forward for out ladies and men this winter.

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:51 pm

Team Curry with a 60-35 win over Georgia Pearls National in a high energy contest.

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:21 pm

As a reward for playing each other last night, Team Curry and Team Elite got to play each other again this afternoon.

Team Elite wore purple this go-round. Team Curry, wearing black, won the game, 64-47.

Good showing by TC this weekend. Those two opponents are better than they were made to look.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:21 pm

MrMac wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:06 am
chantillycat wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:22 am

Thank you. I suppose that traveling with family would lessen both the transmission and the liability issues. Also, the events are probably not required--and may not even know--to report any cases among players/fans stemming from attendance.

If, on the other hand, the events have been safely contested, they may point a way forward for out ladies and men this winter.
Sports can be played safely in front of crowds. We are increasingly unlikely to see it happen at Davidson this season. Fingers crossed.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:29 am

It appears that Team Curry 17u is scheduled to play a single exhibition game against the Carolina Flames EYBL team, this Friday evening (tomorrow) at 6 pm in Rock Hill.

Team United and the Flames played a couple of Big Games™ last summer, the first of which featured this late triple by Mallorie. I believe that Saniya Rivers, a top 5 player nationally and the top 2021 in NC, plays for the Flames.

I kinda expect the game to be available online at the usual location.

https://basketball.exposureevents.com/1 ... id=1566781

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:04 pm

Ouch. Carolina Flames over Team Curry, 57-39. Some payback for the two games last year, I suppose.

Team Curry will reportedly play again tomorrow (Saturday) evening at 9 pm ET in a Boo Williams event, with additional action to come on Sunday.

Edit: Make that 9:30 pm ET Saturday. I can't find a thing about this event online, except what the mom of a certain @DavidsonWBB commit has been nice enough to tweet. TYTH.

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:38 pm

Team Curry over the Virginia Belles, 59-34, this evening at the Boo Williams Labor Day Invitational.

They'll play at least one more game tomorrow, although I know not when. Stay tuned...

Edit 1: 11 am ET versus GPS Fusion. Tough team to Google.

Edit 2: Make that GTS Fusion. DMV area team, but no ties to Glenn Simpson and Christopher Steele that I'm aware of. Apparently, one of their players is Azzi Fudd, the #1 rated 2021 by espnW.

GTS Fusion played in that big tournament back in early July along with Midwest Elite (Kelby's team). Really strong showing there. They lost to that super-good EYBL team from Iowa by 10, and they were fairly dominant in their other games.

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:35 pm

Team Curry made the plays and converted a sizable string of late FTs to win, 67-63, over GTS Fusion.

This was a pretty good game, I thought, if you can find a way to overlook the juvenile antics of one of the head coaches.

** Championship game is coming up at 3:30 pm ET against a Boo Williams squad.

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:47 pm

Team Curry falls to Boo Williams EYBL, 59-45. Quick, physical, skilled, and crafty opponent, they made it a half-court game that was never close.

Welcome to Tidewater area basketball.