School That's Never Won the ACC Tourney Wants Out

2018 A10 Champions!
citycat

School That's Never Won the ACC Tourney Wants Out

Post by citycat » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:12 pm

Clemson has sued the ACC in Pickens County, SC asking the Court to interpret the Grant of Rights the ACC signed in the 2010s and determine what is a reasonable amount for the Tigers to pay, if any, to depart the ACC. FSU sued the ACC earlier asking for similar relief.

If FSU and Clemson can leave the ACC and they go to the SEC or Big Ten, that means the only team that has played in CFP that is NOT in the SEC or Big Ten is TCU. (Notre Dame was in the CFP in 2020 when the ACC let them play in the conference, something Notre Dame had/has refused to do any other year.)

The CFP is expanding, but the field will be rigged to the benefit of the SEC and Big Ten.

Will schools like Louisville and UNC want to stay in the ACC if they could move to a conference with a more lucrative media deal? The deal that has so many ACC schools upset was negotiated by longtime UNC AD Johnny Swofford.

stevelee

Re: School That's Never Won the ACC Tourney Wants Out

Post by stevelee » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:29 pm

In Davidson a week or so ago I met a visiting TCU student who is thinking of transferring. He's not an athlete, though. I just found that a slight coincidence when I saw TCU mentioned.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ