Portal

2018 A10 Champions!
bagelcat

Re: Portal

Post by bagelcat » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:46 pm

In political polling, sometimes a candidate is pitted against a "generic Democrat" or a "generic Republican"

So if Brizzi wasn't going to be our starting point guard next year, I guess it was going to be "generic point guard"....

djcat

Post by djcat » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:11 pm

“Geriatric Democrat” and “geriatric Republican.” Fixed that for you.

85Wildcatsky

Post by 85Wildcatsky » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:40 pm

Brizzi's move is puzzling. I would consider his game still in the "rehab" mode. I can't see a lot of teams rushing to sign a guard who lost their starting slot. Only speculation but might he be looking for a more up tempo offense where he feels a more comfortbale?
Pioneer League Football Champions 2020
Pioneer League Football Champions 2021 :D
FCS Playoffs 2020
FCS Playoffs 2021
FCS Playoffs 2022

citycat

Post by citycat » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:45 pm

Cade Tyson, Hunter Tyson's younger brother, is in the portal. We wanted Hunter, but he went to Clemson and is in the NBA, sort of.

Cade went to Belmont. He's done well there.

We have 2 scholarships tied up with Bailey and Logan. Tyson would compliment Durkin.

We need to make Trent Steinour and Colt Langdon our main priorities for '25.

Dr. Bliss

Post by Dr. Bliss » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:54 pm

[/quote]
We have 2 scholarships tied up with Bailey and Logan. Tyson would compliment Durkin.
"Nice shot, Buckets!"
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:25 am

raptorcat wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:43 pm
i77cat wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:31 pm
Keyshawn Hall is in the portal. Can't beat him, but maybe we can buy him.

My neighbor asked me what I would do with the payout if I won the current NC lottery, which has surpassed $1 billion. I unhesitatingly said I'd give $25 million to the Davidson collective, so we wouldn't have to worry about all this crap anymore.
25M would be a nice start. Invested well, that'd give us a nice chunk of cash every year. A true tithe would probably be enough to cover all of our scholarship athletes, pay solid NIL money, provide for growth of the Raptor Fund, and even supplement the salaries for some of our assistant coaches. I hope you win soon.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:30 am

djcat wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:11 pm
“Geriatric Democrat” and “geriatric Republican.” Fixed that for you.
:lol:
Hey, wait a minute. That's no joke. :-|

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:04 am

citycat wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:45 pm
Cade Tyson, Hunter Tyson's younger brother, is in the portal. We wanted Hunter, but he went to Clemson and is in the NBA, sort of.

Cade went to Belmont. He's done well there.

We need to make Trent Steinour and Colt Langdon our main priorities for '25.
This Cade can shoot. 46.5% on 3’s, 85.5% FT.

This Cade always got into foul trouble with Simon:

https://youtu.be/EE9AAPvvzL8?si=vgs7tVpNTL_hjHMw

jamesdhogan

Post by jamesdhogan » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:08 am

i77cat wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:25 am
raptorcat wrote:
i77cat wrote:

My neighbor asked me what I would do with the payout if I won the current NC lottery, which has surpassed $1 billion. I unhesitatingly said I'd give $25 million to the Davidson collective, so we wouldn't have to worry about all this crap anymore.
25M would be a nice start. Invested well, that'd give us a nice chunk of cash every year. A true tithe would probably be enough to cover all of our scholarship athletes, pay solid NIL money, provide for growth of the Raptor Fund, and even supplement the salaries for some of our assistant coaches. I hope you win soon.
I love you guys, and I know this is a hypothetical among hypotheticals, and I always hesitate to be critical of the institution, and I hope you all win the lottery. In many ways, you already have.

But this--exactly this--highlights why the NIL absurdity illustrates all that is wrong/stupid about collegiate sports. Davidson's purpose is to assist students in developing humane instincts and disciplined and creative minds for lives of leadership and service. It is really hard for me to begin wrapping my head around how tying up tens of millions of dollars to compensate athletes so that they will simply remain and compete while wearing red and black serves that purpose, even if it's just house money from a lotto ticket.

I love you guys, and I love your basketball team, but I love it because it has always done the unconventional, right thing. You all can play basketball any way you like, and you've long chosen to do it a way that I think is honest, fair, and good. A Davidson education is an incredibly valuable thing to give to any student, whether they can dribble or not. Giving students a free car or a six-figure income just to get them on the team troubles that for me.
The artist formerly known as Freehold.

DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:14 am

Dr. Bliss wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:54 pm
"Nice shot, Buckets!"
Danged English majors!
"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''

loosha's lad

Post by loosha's lad » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:55 am

jamesdhogan wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:08 am
i77cat wrote:
raptorcat wrote:
i77cat wrote:

I love you guys, and I know this is a hypothetical among hypotheticals, and I always hesitate to be critical of the institution, and I hope you all win the lottery. In many ways, you already have.

But this--exactly this--highlights why the NIL absurdity illustrates all that is wrong/stupid about collegiate sports. Davidson's purpose is to assist students in developing humane instincts and disciplined and creative minds for lives of leadership and service. It is really hard for me to begin wrapping my head around how tying up tens of millions of dollars to compensate athletes so that they will simply remain and compete while wearing red and black serves that purpose, even if it's just house money from a lotto ticket.

I love you guys, and I love your basketball team, but I love it because it has always done the unconventional, right thing. You all can play basketball any way you like, and you've long chosen to do it a way that I think is honest, fair, and good. A Davidson education is an incredibly valuable thing to give to any student, whether they can dribble or not. Giving students a free car or a six-figure income just to get them on the team troubles that for me.
ONE MILLION POINTS AWARDED TO THE FREEHOLDEN GENTLEMAN FROM STATESVILLE VIA CULLOWHEE! I feel exactly the same way, James. The simple question of "but at what cost??" needs to be asked and answered. There's a fair part of me that would rather see Davidson move to D-III than to enter the financial arms race of the times. I know that's blasphemy. Awaiting expulsion.

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:20 pm

DC69Wildcat wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:14 am
Dr. Bliss wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:54 pm
"Nice shot, Buckets!"
Danged English majors!
:D

That’s “Buckets®”
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

cat44

Post by cat44 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:06 pm

jamesdhogan wrote:
i77cat wrote:
raptorcat wrote:
i77cat wrote:

Absolutely. When I was in Detroit in 2008 I said that that was enough to last the rest of my life. Still stand by that. Am no longer as big on Davidson as I once was, but if we go the way the rest of the colleges seem to be going, I will cease being a fan.

wildcatspride

Post by wildcatspride » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:59 pm

jamesdhogan wrote:

You're a good man James D. Hogan.

BaseRich306

Post by BaseRich306 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:07 pm

Skog is in the portal.