Hope for the future

2018 A10 Champions!
citycat

Hope for the future

Post by citycat » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:48 am

My wife and I are near Asheville, visiting one of our children.

Last night, we went by a frozen yogurt shop named Sweet Escape, or something like that, at Biltmore Square Park/Town.

I was wearing a Davidson rain jacket with “Davidson” in the smallest, most Presbyterian letters imaginable.

The high school girl running the shop said, “Did you go to Davidson? I’m going there next year!.”

She’s a senior at TC Roberson High, the public high school down the street. We would have talked more, but she was very busy running the shop by herself.

I was impressed to see an outgoing public high school graduate who’s going to Davidson with the spare time to have a part time job.

She was wearing a Virginia Tech tee shirt for some reason.

The night before, a Maryland fan in a Harris Teeter in Greensboro recognized the “D” on my shirt as a Davidson logo and we had a nice talk about Lefty.

We need to wear our Davidson stuff more.

catno1

Re: Hope for the future

Post by catno1 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:36 am

I wore my Davidson quarter zip to the polling place for Super Tuesday and ran into bagelcat who started chatting me up about the end of the UMass game.

We got so distracted that I ended up going to the wrong table where they tried to re-register me. Thankfully all was sorted out in due fashion.

But point is, wear Davidson out in public.

MLC67

Post by MLC67 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:47 am

When I was living in Haddonfield, N.J. (as Jersey Lawyer can attest compares favorably with Moorestown), I wore my Davidson attire into the local Acme. Approached by a young fellow who introduced himself as a recent high school graduate, he told me that he would be enrolling at Davidson in a couple of days. Thereupon I told him I was scheduled to give a speech on campus in the fall on environmental challenges, particularly climate change. I then asked if he might attend and he said probably not. Pleased as I was by his candor, I felt slightly let down by same.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for men of good will to do nothing. Eddie Burke

Esse Quam Videri

Dr. Bliss

Post by Dr. Bliss » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:26 am

citycat wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:48 am
My wife and I are near Asheville, visiting one of our children.

Last night, we went by a frozen yogurt shop named Sweet Escape, or something like that, at Biltmore Square Park/Town.

I was wearing a Davidson rain jacket with “Davidson” in the smallest, most Presbyterian letters imaginable.

The high school girl running the shop said, “Did you go to Davidson? I’m going there next year!.”

She’s a senior at TC Roberson High, the public high school down the street. We would have talked more, but she was very busy running the shop by herself.

I was impressed to see an outgoing public high school graduate who’s going to Davidson with the spare time to have a part time job.

She was wearing a Virginia Tech tee shirt for some reason.

The night before, a Maryland fan in a Harris Teeter in Greensboro recognized the “D” on my shirt as a Davidson logo and we had a nice talk about Lefty.

We need to wear our Davidson stuff more.
Doing my part!

"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx

JCDC

Post by JCDC » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:56 pm

a guy in a store a couple of weeks ago saw me in the Davidson sweatshirt and yelled "LEFTY" and kept walking. He said he went to Maryland.

jamesdhogan

Post by jamesdhogan » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:49 pm

Somebody at First Pres Sylva must've read this, because Chris showed up in his Davidson jacket when he sat with his mom Sunday morning.
The artist formerly known as Freehold.