In Game: vs. George Mason

2018 A10 Champions!
raptorcat

In Game: vs. George Mason

Post by raptorcat » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:10 pm

Continuing with my theme of funny stories that happened in court:

This story didn't happen to me but was told to me by the late Charles Lamm, who resided near Mooresville on Lake Norman. He was an oldtimer who held court all over North Carolina. This story came from either Richmond or Ansom County, I forget which. But both are east of Charlotte, nestled along the border with South Carolina, with the Pee Dee River dividing the two counties. Both are rural, predominately farming communities.

It seems that a local woman was on trial for assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious bodily injury. She had shot her boyfriend, a notorious womanizer, with a .410 shotgun after she caught him in flagrante delicto with another woman in bed. The defendant aimed for, and hit, his privates with a load of birdshot; while it wasn't a point-blank shot, it was close enough to do a considerable amount of damage to the victim's manhood.

The DA had the victim on the witness stand and needed him to testify to certain aspects of the charge relating to his injuries. For "serious bodily injury" to be the applicable charge to send to the jury, the man needed to testify about the damage done to his parts and state that they were disfiguring and permanent.

The victim, a local farmhand and sawmill worker, was having a hard time understanding just what the DA was getting at when he asked if he'd suffered a disabling injury. Superior Court, with its formalities and customs, was confusing to a simple farm hand. The DA couldn't get him to say the magic words in response to his gentle prodding. Finally, Judge Lamm looked down at him in the witness box and asked, "Sir, have you healed up?" The answer was yes. "Now that you've healed, is everything working okay down there?" The man looked straight at Judge Lamm and said, "Well, Judge, it f**ks okay, but it pisses sideways."

The DA had the answer to the question he needed. The courtroom roared with laughter, and it took the Judge a bit to restore order, but the DA rested his case at that point; he got a conviction from the jury. Judge Lamm told me he went pretty easy on the defendant when he sentenced her, because, in his words, "that guy needed shooting to teach him a lesson."

GO CATS!
“Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.”
"I can't be worrying about that sh*t. Life goes on, man."
- Jeff Bridges as The Dude in "The Big Lebowski"

DC69Wildcat

Re: In Game: vs. George Mason

Post by DC69Wildcat » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:13 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''

graveline

Post by graveline » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:53 am

I read this as someone else who has better shooting than we do
If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said it

seamac77

Post by seamac77 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:25 am

HOF
"Statistics are like bikinis. They show a lot, but they don't show everything." - Bob McKillop

Bill Cobb
Site Admin

Post by Bill Cobb » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:25 pm

I'm still laughing.
"I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter."
Crash Davis

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:06 pm

Pregame is on WHIP now.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

Stubby Cat

Post by Stubby Cat » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:12 pm

Now that we have completed the football stadium project, when is it time to tackle the remodeling/renovation of Belk? The bathrooms, concessions, lighting, lower scoreboards and finishings pre-date my time as a student 20 years ago. Parts of the building are showing their age.

MLC67

Post by MLC67 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:18 pm

Look likely that St. Joes game will not end before our scheduled start time. Wonder if USA has any alternative broadcast options? Uncheers. Go Cats!
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for men of good will to do nothing. Eddie Burke

Esse Quam Videri

bagelcat

Post by bagelcat » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:33 pm

Putrid student turnout.
Maybe they'll come later.

bagelcat

Post by bagelcat » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:43 pm

Now they enforce carrying??

bagelcat

Post by bagelcat » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:44 pm

They are not doubling Reed.
Good aggressive move.
Draws the foul.

85Wildcatsky

Post by 85Wildcatsky » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:45 pm

bagelcat wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:33 pm
Putrid student turnout.
Davidson needs to make a better effort marketing football and basketball to the greater Lake Norman area. We need to take advangage of that growth. I think we are past the era where the students show a big interest in athletics and fill the stadiums and arener.
Pioneer League Football Champions 2020
Pioneer League Football Champions 2021 :D
FCS Playoffs 2020
FCS Playoffs 2021
FCS Playoffs 2022

Ursa Midmajor

Post by Ursa Midmajor » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:46 pm

bagelcat wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:33 pm
Putrid student turnout.
There’s face painting at the North Meck Rec Center today I think I saw them in line after my grandkids.
"No one is Steph Curry” ~ Draymond Green

bagelcat

Post by bagelcat » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:53 pm

Challenged 3 by Sean early in the clock not what you want.

stan

Post by stan » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:56 pm

We hit a cutter!!!! Late, but hey. Relish it for the rarity.

And then we passed out for the open 3! Wow. Attacking the rim opens up the three. Who knew?!
"Then they started making 3s. A lot of 3s. We're talking more 3s than a bad dating site."