In Game: vs. Rhode Island

2018 A10 Champions!
Wildcat92

Re: In Game: vs. Rhode Island

Post by Wildcat92 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:41 pm

otherwildcat wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:09 pm

Just wish they had some type of weight training program. When you play true freshman and soph bigs they need to add a little muscle quickly otherwise they keep getting abused like last night.
This has been a problem for *years* and I do not understand why it's not addressed.
"When Davidson’s offense is clicking, the reads upon reads of its motion offense unfold like some masterful concerto." - SLAM Magazine. 10/27/15

raptorcat

Post by raptorcat » Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:50 pm

Acorn wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:36 pm
Dr. Bliss wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:07 pm
I wonder if it would be beneficial to hire an assistant coach who actually stayed in Europe year-round and could be a full-time overseas recruiter.
Sigh. Ok. I’ll do it.
This is actually an intriguing idea (no, not your generous offer, Acorn), but aren't there limitations imposed by the NCAA on the number of assistant coaches a program can have on staff? It would require us to do with one less coach to work directly with the team, no?
“Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.”
"I can't be worrying about that sh*t. Life goes on, man."
- Jeff Bridges as The Dude in "The Big Lebowski"

DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:08 pm

Send Bob. He's already on the college payroll, but he's not, technically, like a real coach anymore. He could teach a class in leadership to the semester-abroad students and watch a little basketball, for fun of course, on the side.
"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''

seamac77

Post by seamac77 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:53 pm

DC69Wildcat wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:08 pm
Send Bob. He's already on the college payroll, but he's not, technically, like a real coach anymore. He could teach a class in leadership to the semester-abroad students and watch a little basketball, for fun of course, on the side.
Intriguing thought.. but I bet a lot would depend on how long he and Cathy could be that far away from the grandchildren.
"Statistics are like bikinis. They show a lot, but they don't show everything." - Bob McKillop

JerseyLawyer

Post by JerseyLawyer » Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:56 pm

Our entire offense has always been designed on making 3s and back cuts. The teams last year and this year cannot do the former. We win when we outshoot people. That ain't happenin'

mdickensdc

Post by mdickensdc » Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:17 pm

There are issues but not having a a strength training facility isn’t one of them.

The Holland Family Performance opened in the spring of 2022. I think there is a dedicated strength coach as well .

“The Holland Family Performance Center, located in the Baker Sports Complex, opened in spring, 2022. The 1,500-square foot facility is exclusive to men’s and women’s basketball and was named in honor of Davidson legend Terry Holland ‘64, who excelled as a player, coach and athletics director at his alma mater.
The center is equipped with half racks, powerblock dumbbells, rolling power block carts, functional cable columns, Olympic bars, safety squat bars, neutral grip bars, strength trap bars, J-Squat belt squat attachment, kettle bells, medicine balls, hurdles, bands, plyo boxes, TRX straps, chains, weight releasers and velocity-based training devices.”

seamac77

Post by seamac77 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:28 pm

JerseyLawyer wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:56 pm
Our entire offense has always been designed on making 3s and back cuts. The teams last year and this year cannot do the former. We win when we outshoot people. That ain't happenin'
Every team in the A 10 knows that's our game and they defend us accordingly. If we just had one or two threats to slash to the basket and score at the rim we could defenses more honest.
"Statistics are like bikinis. They show a lot, but they don't show everything." - Bob McKillop

Waitress

Post by Waitress » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:09 pm

Acorn wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:36 pm
Dr. Bliss wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:07 pm
I wonder if it would be beneficial to hire an assistant coach who actually stayed in Europe year-round and could be a full-time overseas recruiter.
Sigh. Ok. I’ll do it.
TCC
Conor Bree

~Tip well.

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:18 am

djcat wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:01 pm
Are we rolling downhill like a snowball headed for hell
With no kind of chance for the Cats or the Liberty Bell
I wish a Ford and a Chevy would still last ten years
Like they should
Is the best of the free life behind us now?
Are the good times really over for good?
A little Merle should cheer us all up. Thanks for that.