Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

2018 A10 Champions!
collegecoach8502

Post by collegecoach8502 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:43 pm

I call this the "broken english" translation -

Raoul Korner, domestic success coach at BBC Bayreuth in the German Bundesliga, expressly welcomes the transfer of Vorarlberg basketball talent Luka Brajkovic to Davidson College. "I am firmly convinced of its potential," emphasizes the coach from Vienna. For the 18-year-old, it was "high time to take the next step in the career".

For Korner, unknown are neither Brajkovic nor the small university in the US state of North Carolina. The power forward from Ländle was already invited to the training in Bayreuth, with De'Mon Brooks the coach has a Davidson graduate in his team from Upper Franconia. In addition, the 43-year-old Viennese is in regular exchange with "Wildcats" coach Bob McKillop.

Because Korner also knows the Davidson program, he knows that Brajkovic will be "in good hands" there. The 2.06-meter-tall Vorarlberger bring all the prerequisites to be successful, "both of the physical equipment as well as the attitude". Nachsatz: "Of course, it also takes luck to make the big jump," said the successful coach.

Brajkovic has meanwhile played his last game for the Dornbirn Lions. The Vorarlberger lost on Sunday evening, the decisive third duel with UKJ Mistelbach in the quarterfinals of the Second Bundesliga 80:81 and retired. The 18-year-old finished the 2017/18 season with an average of 17.5 points, 7.8 rebounds and a blocked throw per game.

As side note -

The dice have fallen: Austria's currently largest basketball talent, the Feldkirch Luka Brajkovic (18), changes after this season from the Dornbirn Lions in the Second Austrian Bundesliga to Davidson College in the US state of North Carolina. He succeeds Stephen Curry: The NBA superstar in the service of the Golden State Warriors wore the dress of the "Wildcats" for three years.
"He is a 6-foot-3, sweet smiling, fun loving boogeyman who will decimate entire teams, then sign autographs and take pictures with his fallen foes' children.

He is a question with no answers."

Waitress

Post by Waitress » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:48 pm

It’s a translation miracle that there isn’t a “Nein, Graveline!” moment in there...
Conor Bree

~Tip well.

rbarney

Luka

Post by rbarney » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:49 pm

Actually, at 6'9", he is shorter than I had originally thought. Although he noted that we were graduating four seniors, I'm not sure how aware he was of Nate, Bates and Dusan. He is obviously highly regarded, but will not be without competition for playing time.

JerseyLawyer

Post by JerseyLawyer » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:26 pm

Steph wore a dress?

Waitress

Post by Waitress » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:45 pm

JerseyLawyer wrote:Steph wore a dress?
Don't judge.
Conor Bree

~Tip well.

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:35 pm

Neat that he will be working out with De'Mon.

I'm never sure whether I'm better off with my distant memory of a language or with a machine translation, so I try both. I don't know what to do with this gem:
Unknowns for Korner Brajkovic nor the small university, neither in the State of North Carolina.
"Komponist unbekannt" is one of my favorite composers, so maybe that is OK.

I got English that was differently broken from collegecoach's.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

rbarney

Luka

Post by rbarney » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:22 pm

An actual translation would be "neither Brajkovic nor the small university in North Carolina are unfamiliar to Korner". Remember, Korner coaches in Germany (Bayreuth), not Austria where Luka plays and was familar with both because Luka was invited to training in Bayreuth, and DeMon is one of his players. He also is in regular contact with Coach McKillop (ever wonder why Bob led an alumni trip to that area last summer?). If the college ever sponsors an alumni trip to Nigeria, I suspect we all know which Davidson "Professor" will be leading it . . . You may think DeMon, T$, Gibbs, et al are in Europe to play ball, but they also serve as eyes and ears for Davidson's basketball recruiting.

Dr. Bliss

Post by Dr. Bliss » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:08 am

stevelee wrote:
Neat that he will be working out with De'Mon.

I'm never sure whether I'm better off with my distant memory of a language or with a machine translation, so I try both. I don't know what to do with this gem:
Unknowns for Korner Brajkovic nor the small university, neither in the State of North Carolina.
"Komponist unbekannt" is one of my favorite composers, so maybe that is OK.

I got English that was differently broken from collegecoach's.
I always liked Lasst Uns Erfreuen's stuff.
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:40 am

Sometimes lasst uns in translation.

BTW, do you know the story of the relationship between Neanderthal man and the hymn "Praise to the Lord, the Almighty"? If not, Google it: How a very old man came to be called a new man.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:24 pm

Waitress wrote:
stevelee wrote:Grayson Allen is probably not looking to transfer, since he’s a senior. But could someone tell me, who does not pay attention to Duke basketball, why he is so widely disliked? I saw a tweet that someone had put his name on a picture of Ted Cruz. Others were cheering his exit from college basketball.
https://youtu.be/tcEq7xhxD4g
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

RichmondCat

Post by RichmondCat » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:23 pm

Per the below, Malachi Flynn transferring from Washington St. Davidson previously offered.

https://twitter.com/jonrothstein/status ... 24160?s=21

catnhat

Post by catnhat » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:43 pm

I wouldn't expect a guy who scored like that for a P5 team to go to a lower rated conference, unless he missed Mama's cooking or his HTH.

BDL

Post by BDL » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:19 pm

We also only have one more scholarship left (if/when Bates gets one) and we still need more height.

catborn'bred

Post by catborn'bred » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:33 pm

Flynn is declaring for NBA, believe it or not, but is not signing with an agent.
Last edited by catborn'bred on Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:36 pm

catborn'bred wrote:Flynn is declaring for NBA, believe it or not, but is not signing with a lawyer.
He'll be back.