Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

2018 A10 Champions!
Steve Rodgers

Post by Steve Rodgers » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:41 am

McKillop has no idea of how to use an elite shooter. :lol:

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:45 am

CatsUpNorth wrote:
Steve Rodgers wrote:I think the big guards we have is the reason both our defense and rebounding have improved. I could see a 4 guard lineup next year. (counting KP and Frampton as guards).
BTW what are Frampton's primary skills?
The reason he held offers from big-time programs is he's an elite shooter, I think we expect him to do more but that's his best attribute. Was also a good rebounder in high school but his competition was very poor.

Big guards also has helped our zone out and means we can continue switching defenses going forward, having guys with long arms at the top of the zone makes a huge difference
This will be the opening day lineup:

JAG
KG
MJ or Frampton
Uncle
My name is Luka

DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:00 am

I think Nate or Dusan will start over Luka.
"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:03 am

DC69Wildcat wrote:I think Nate or Dusan will start over Luka.
Brick sarsaparilla wager?

Bob is dancing in the streets right now. He doesn't do this and put a guy on the pine.

BDL

Post by BDL » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:24 am

JoMo wrote:Just like this season we will have a lot of length next season.
listing scholarship players (IIRC Bates will get one next season)

Collins 6-2
Grady 6-5
JAG 6-4
M. Jones 6-4
DCz 6-4
Uncle K 6-6
Frampton 6-5
Ekwu 6-7
B. Jones 6-8
Duca 6-10
NBY 6-9
Luka 6-10
I've seen Luka listed at 6-11, collins at 6-3, and MJ at 6'6....

BDL

Post by BDL » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:26 am

Steve Rodgers wrote:I think the big guards we have is the reason both our defense and rebounding have improved. I could see a 4 guard lineup next year. (counting KP and Frampton as guards).
Ranked as one of the best shooters in the class, has decent athleticism, and is purported as a plus defender.

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:29 am

BDL wrote:
Ranked as one of the best shooters in the class, has decent athleticism, and is purported as a plus defender.
Can play 1-4 positions.

85Wildcatsky

Post by 85Wildcatsky » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:39 am

I bumped into Coach at the Brickhouse on Friday. I asked about Frampton and his progress. He responded with a twinkle in his eye, Frampton is the REAL deal.
Pioneer League Football Champions 2020
Pioneer League Football Champions 2021 :D
FCS Playoffs 2020
FCS Playoffs 2021
FCS Playoffs 2022

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:44 am

85Wildcatsky wrote:I bumped into Coach at the Brickhouse on Friday. I asked about Frampton and his progress. He responded with a twinkle in his eye, Frampton is the REAL deal.
Seems to me that all in the village has done a great job of keeping Luke's spirits high during his redshirt season.

DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:55 am

wildforthecats wrote:Brick sarsaparilla wager?
You're on. I doubt that Luka will be ready defensively by opening day. Dusan and Nate will be.
"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:56 am

DC69Wildcat wrote:
wildforthecats wrote:Brick sarsaparilla wager?
You're on. I doubt that Luka will be ready defensively by opening day. Dusan and Nate will be.
Great. BTW, I have moved up to single malt scotch.

raptorcat

Post by raptorcat » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:07 pm

wildforthecats wrote:
BDL wrote:
Can play 1-4 positions.
A few weeks ago, I was listening in on a conversation Bob was having with the Wizards. One of them (Bagelcat, I think) asked Coach what the team would have been like if Frampton had been able to play this year. Bob said "He would be the best shooter on the team; he would have been number two in basketball IQ behind Peyton, and he would have been number one in sheer toughness."
“Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.”
"I can't be worrying about that sh*t. Life goes on, man."
- Jeff Bridges as The Dude in "The Big Lebowski"

raptorcat

Post by raptorcat » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:16 pm

JoMo wrote:Just like this season we will have a lot of length next season.
listing scholarship players (IIRC Bates will get one next season)

Collins 6-2
Grady 6-5
JAG 6-4
M. Jones 6-4
DCz 6-4
Uncle K 6-6
Frampton 6-5
Ekwu 6-7
B. Jones 6-8
Duca 6-10
NBY 6-9
Luka 6-10
I've watched several of Michael Jones' games this season, thanks to the fantastic internet HS games televised in Minnesota. There's no way he is only 6'4" -- I'd say at least 6'6" and with his long arms, he seems to play much taller than that. His game is very reminiscent of a young Peyton Aldridge.
“Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.”
"I can't be worrying about that sh*t. Life goes on, man."
- Jeff Bridges as The Dude in "The Big Lebowski"

DCA06

Post by DCA06 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:20 pm

Just have versatility - that's what depth provides. 4G small lineup is a match up issue for some teams; traditional 2 G lineup with dusan and luka and or nate against heavier teams or periods of a game when needed. all great teams have that optionality.
What is potentially good going forward is we can be very selective on recruits coming in to 2019 and 2020 - that fit scheme or are athletic optionality to develop. and good players get good players. Hopefully better and better talent are attracted to an increasingly talented Davidson. Hard to replace Peyton - that will be a challenge but if you keep getting athletes and good fits that can be additive to a young and maturing team you could have a good 3-4 yr run.

Dr. Bliss

Post by Dr. Bliss » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:22 pm

raptorcat wrote:
wildforthecats wrote:
BDL wrote:
Can play 1-4 positions.
A few weeks ago, I was listening in on a conversation Bob was having with the Wizards. One of them (Bagelcat, I think) asked Coach what the team would have been like if Frampton had been able to play this year. Bob said "He would be the best shooter on the team; he would have been number two in basketball IQ behind Peyton, and he would have been number one in sheer toughness."
Wow.
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx