Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

2018 A10 Champions!
RichmondCat

Re: Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

Post by RichmondCat » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:11 pm

Great to see it made official. Look forward to seeing David contribute to what should be a very good team!

BaseRich306

Post by BaseRich306 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:41 pm

We'll be loaded next year. It would be great if David has the quickness, shooting, and lateral movement to play the 3.

collegecoach8502

Post by collegecoach8502 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:58 pm

Awesome. Davidson fans should be thrilled. I agree with BaseRich...a healthy Wildcat team next year could be our best team top to bottom for as long as I can recall. Fingers crossed!
"He is a 6-foot-3, sweet smiling, fun loving boogeyman who will decimate entire teams, then sign autographs and take pictures with his fallen foes' children.

He is a question with no answers."

mccabemi

Post by mccabemi » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:31 pm

We could have some real flexibility with our lineups next year. Fits the need perfectly.

WildCock

Post by WildCock » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:13 pm

One more reason to not be melancholy.
Mene Mene Tekel Upharsin

JerseyLawyer

Post by JerseyLawyer » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:41 pm

Dylan Painter to Delaware. If that's where he wanted to go, he wasn't good enough for us. Which also is a reflection of our higher level of recruiting currently.

GoalCat

Post by GoalCat » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:15 pm

Is anybody able to share a sense of how David Kristensen compares to Luka? Not thinking in terms of specific skill set, really just a top-level sense of how we think he stacks up.

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:21 pm

GoalCat wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:15 pm
Is anybody able to share a sense of how David Kristensen compares to Luka? Not thinking in terms of specific skill set, really just a top-level sense of how we think he stacks up.
He compares to Magarity from what I have heard.

Wildcat92

Post by Wildcat92 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:16 pm

wildforthecats wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:21 pm
GoalCat wrote:
That'll do.
"When Davidson’s offense is clicking, the reads upon reads of its motion offense unfold like some masterful concerto." - SLAM Magazine. 10/27/15

DCA06

Post by DCA06 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:26 pm

Interesting - I didn't know we were active on Painter but given he's already RS and would need to sit out again maybe wasn't right fit compared to investing in Myles Dallion and Justice where we can point to significant minutes and need in giving them a role to elevate program even higher

Acorn

Post by Acorn » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:41 pm

wildforthecats wrote:
GoalCat wrote:
All I’ve seen are the highlights posted earlier in this thread, but I’ve watched them many times. I can understand the Magarity comparison, but I actually see him more as a Will+Oskar hybrid. He’s long and moves well—in several clips he’s guarding guards (sometimes even as they bring the ball up the court). He moves better laterally than (post-injuries) Will. He’s not as perimeter-focused as Oskar, but that’s mainly because he looks to be more effective in the post than Oskar was, not because he’s a lesser player on the perimeter (though I probably would bet on Oskar in a three-point shooting contest). He’s very active and aggressive and has a good nose for the ball—in that respect he reminds me of Luka (and JAG and Carter and Luke). I’m excited. Wish he had been able to come this season. I believe he could be helpful right now.

EDIT: One small wordsmithing change.

BDL

Post by BDL » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:02 am

Acorn wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:41 pm
wildforthecats wrote:
GoalCat wrote:
All I’ve seen are the highlights posted earlier in this thread, but I’ve watched them many times. I can understand the Magarity comparison, but I actually see him more as a Will+Oskar hybrid. He’s long and moves well—in several clips he’s guarding guards (sometimes even as they bring the ball up the court). He moves better laterally than (post-injuries) Will. He’s not as perimeter-focused as Oskar, but that’s mainly because he looks to be more effective in the post than Oskar was, not because he’s a lesser player on the perimeter (though I probably would bet on Oskar in a three-point shooting contest). He’s very active and aggressive and has a good nose for the ball—in that respect he reminds me of Luka (and JAG and Carter and Luke). I’m excited. Wish he had been able to come this season. I believe he could be helpful right now.

EDIT: One small wordsmithing change.
I'm not really seeing the Magarity comparisons. Magarity was a skilled 5 (can pass, shoot, and score in the paint) and thicker. He did not seem particularly fluid all the time as an athlete. Kristensen really reminds of Oskar with a higher ceiling. I make this comparison because Kristensen seems to be built like Oskar and looks like more of a stretch 4 (mix between a wing and post player) who can shoot and cut (rather than just post up). I think he is an ideal candidate to play next to Luka.

rbarney

Post by rbarney » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:06 am

I wish I could say that the team staying healthy was a strong probability . . .

Wildcat98

Post by Wildcat98 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:45 pm

rbarney wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:06 am
I wish I could say that the team staying healthy was a strong probability . . .
Can’t remember the last time we had a season in which we were remotely “healthy” from start to finish. Certainly not since we moved to the A-10.

DCA06

Post by DCA06 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:36 pm

Myles Stute piece mentioning OK State and UPENN as highly involved. No mention of Davidson. PENN is really following the Harvard playbook and recent wins helping. Both schools certainly taking larger share than past years