Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

2018 A10 Champions!
chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:10 am

I managed to translate and screen cap before the overlay and darkness took over.

"... coming out of the murky, dreary jungle of untutored mediocrity."

BDF

Post by BDF » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:52 am

Bob in the huddle during timeout: "Don't listen to BDL!"
Matt: "Coach, that's BDF."
Bob: "What?! There's two of them!?"

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:14 am

Hope the college smells good next week.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

MLC67

Post by MLC67 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:32 am

Very impressive and good looking young lad; photo taken at the Cornelius Amtrak Station?
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for men of good will to do nothing. Eddie Burke

Esse Quam Videri

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:00 pm

MLC67 wrote:Very impressive and good looking young lad; photo taken at the Cornelius Amtrak Station?
🤣 I hope that was the correct response....things having changed so much in the neighborhood since back in the day...?

BDL

Post by BDL » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:07 pm

Again I'm woefully ignorant; what are our chances with Lorca? Also is this the first we've heard about Luka? (This seems reminiscent of JAG's visit... or maybe its just because google translate was used both times to decipher the articles regarding their respective visits)

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:37 pm

Cliffhanger: ...visits a college in Davidson (North Carolina) which, among other universities....

What? 😄

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:39 pm

BDL wrote:Again I'm woefully ignorant; what are our chances with Lorca? Also is this the first we've heard about Luka? (This seems reminiscent of JAG's visit... or maybe its just because google translate was used both times to decipher the articles regarding their respective visits)
European players are often recruited more under the radar publicly so not uncommon. There is no evidence or indication we are recruiting Lorca.

DCA06

Post by DCA06 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:27 pm

Considering the ivies are offering and he is really fcking good at basketball (not to mention wing forward) - we should prolly get involved in lorca

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:59 am

With camp over and before practices start, I no longer have even lines to read between.

My past observation has suggested that whenever someone asks, "Why aren't our coaches recruiting player X?" the answer is one of the following:

"What makes you think they are not recruiting player X?"

"Here is the list of the reasons . . ."

The coaches devote an amazing amount of time and energy to keeping up with possibilities.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

MLC67

Post by MLC67 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:32 am

As regards to the possible invite from the King to any young lad to be allowed to become a Knight of the Round Ball in Camelot, it is inconceivable that such an opportunity would be rebuffed by said callow and worthy candidate. To all of the Kool-Aid addiction, the thought of unrequited love does not need to be banished, as that very irrationality would never enter the mindset in the first instance.

Accordingly, on Steve's coach given list should never appear the reason that we offered to take a prospect to the dance, but were told don't bother asking, I prefer to associate myself with some corrupt institution of non-learning where I will not even be expected to attend their fake classes.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for men of good will to do nothing. Eddie Burke

Esse Quam Videri

Acorn

Post by Acorn » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:50 am

I'm ready for some news on the 2018 class, so I hope we get some soon.

My understanding of the scholarship situation is that twelve players are on scholarship. Six of them will be graduating in 2018, barring something unexpected. Three of them (Peyton, Nathan, and Will) are key players in the post. That will leave only Dusan as a scholarship post player (unless my understanding that Bates Jones doesn't have a scholarship is inaccurate or that changes).

Given that each team can have thirteen scholarships, that means that Davidson could have up to seven scholarships available for 2018. That's a lot. One post player on scholarship is not a lot.

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:40 am

Bates doesn't have one for this season, but is likely to have one the next.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:49 am

stevelee wrote:Bates doesn't have one for this season, but is likely to have one the next.
I tend to agree with this statement.

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:24 pm

Acorn wrote:I'm ready for some news on the 2018 class, so I hope we get some soon.

My understanding of the scholarship situation is that twelve players are on scholarship. Six of them will be graduating in 2018, barring something unexpected. Three of them (Peyton, Nathan, and Will) are key players in the post. That will leave only Dusan as a scholarship post player (unless my understanding that Bates Jones doesn't have a scholarship is inaccurate or that changes).

Given that each team can have thirteen scholarships, that means that Davidson could have up to seven scholarships available for 2018. That's a lot. One post player on scholarship is not a lot.
Ah, how nice it was to go into last summer with Kellan already committed, it feels like yesterday. I'm with you and definitely anxious as well with so many spots to fill (especially in the frontcourt) but am trying to stay even-keeled, but will definitely start to get nervous if our primary targets commit elsewhere.

Thank you stevelee for putting it in level-headed terms. I've stopped posting every time we're reportedly interested in a guy on the board because of the clamoring for prospects by some we haven't shown interest in or have only been tied to once (Lorca, Ricky Lindo, etc.) just because I find it a frustrating and unproductive exercise. Our staff has a clear plan for the 2018 class, and while I'm anxious about the plan working until dominoes start to fall, the repeated posts demanding we recruit kids is diminishing the quality of the board.