Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

2018 A10 Champions!
wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:12 pm

DCA06 wrote:Hope games like today help us with transfers and recruits
It don't hurt, dat fo sho.

CastleCat

Post by CastleCat » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:25 pm

Love this thread, but who cares right now?!?!

Embracing the new bullseye
lovin' every minute of it

Acorn

Post by Acorn » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:47 pm

BDL

Post by BDL » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:57 pm

Has anyone here been privy to Georgetown's recent shortcomings? Their program is collapsing on itself which is sad for them but a major coup for us. Have to think we battle georgetown alot for the same type of recruit now thet we're in the A10. Any thoughts?

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:01 pm

BDL wrote:Has anyone here been privy to Georgetown's recent shortcomings? Their program is collapsing on itself which is sad for them but a major coup for us. Have to think we battle georgetown alot for the same type of recruit now thet we're in the A10. Any thoughts?
I may be wrong, but I don't think we have ever or very seldom have battled the Hoyas for a hoop recruit.

BDL

Post by BDL » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:14 pm

wildforthecats wrote:
BDL wrote:Has anyone here been privy to Georgetown's recent shortcomings? Their program is collapsing on itself which is sad for them but a major coup for us. Have to think we battle georgetown alot for the same type of recruit now thet we're in the A10. Any thoughts?
I may be wrong, but I don't think we have ever or very seldom have battled the Hoyas for a hoop recruit.
Im probably completely wrong but in this new landscape it does seem like we compete with the Big East (I guess not Gtown specifically). If I remember correctly we got Grady over Nova(didnt offer though) and Northwestern. Obviously it can't hurt to have a similarily elite academic institution fall on hard basketball times.

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:20 pm

BDL wrote:
wildforthecats wrote:
Im probably completely wrong but in this new landscape it does seem like we compete with the Big East (I guess not Gtown specifically). If I remember correctly we got Grady over Nova(didnt offer though) and Northwestern. Obviously it can't hurt to have a similarily elite academic institution fall on hard basketball times.
Georgetown doesn't have the same academic requirements for basketball players that we and schools like Stanford and Northwestern have despite being a great academic institution, just like Duke doesn't.

I believe we offered current Georgetown freshman guard Jagan Mosely, but do not know if there are any other crossover recruitments historically.

A top-30 overall prospect in 2017 just decommitted from Georgetown, a skilled point guard who chose Gtown over Kentucky. He went to a school in Kellan Grady's league and matched up with Grady on numerous occasions, and Grady's team won every matchup. Go Cats.

citycat

Post by citycat » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:54 pm

In the spring of 2002, the father of a high school basketball star in Chicago held a press conference announcing his son had passed his SATs and would be attending Duke in the fall. The father confirmed his son had made or exceeded the SAT minimum for incoming freshman athletes. His son was a senior.

Around the same time, Duke signed a football player from Greensboro, NC. His school announced he had over a 3.0 GPA and over 900 on his SATs. He did not graduate from Duke. (I attended that high school one year.)

Our assistant coaches report Stanford, Northwestern, and the Ivy League are the schools with comparable admission requirements to Davidson's for athletes. We used to vie with the Patriot League, but rarely since moving to the A10.

DCA06

Post by DCA06 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:04 am

We recruited Jagan mosely from gtown. I'm sure they have a couple guys capable of meeting our standards. Michigan too.

DCA06

Post by DCA06 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:38 am

Speaking of Michigan - love DJ Wilson. Hope a guy like max Lorca Lloyd (Grady's teammate) could develop like him And we sign him! Hopefully Grady helps give us a NMh pipeline.
I think we would do well to get a forward from a Georgetown.

MLC67

Post by MLC67 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:52 am

I had considered using Georgetown as the foil for my meme that our 2016/17 season has been a great success (more on that deserved luv later). Indeed, w/o. doing the necessary research, so I could be wrong here (but so what), I believe that the downfall of GT can be measured by DU coming back from 18 down in the second half to defeat the Hoyas in 2008. The Hoyas may have made the Dance after that Steff beat down, or not. Whatever, they have not made any noise nationally since that very day.

Accordingly, as with Columbia, GT would gladly trade its season with us today, instead of looking for a new head coach now, as is widely reported to occur soon. For the humble inhabitants of Camelot, we will keep our King :lol: 8)
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for men of good will to do nothing. Eddie Burke

Esse Quam Videri

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:56 am

MLC67 wrote:I had considered using Georgetown as the foil for my meme that our 2016/17 season has been a great success (more on that deserved luv later). Indeed, w/o. doing the necessary research, so I could be wrong here (but so what), I believe that the downfall of GT can be measured by DU coming back from 18 down in the second half to defeat the Hoyas in 2008. The Hoyas may have made the Dance after that Steff beat down, or not. Whatever, they have not made any noise nationally since that very day.

Accordingly, as with Columbia, GT would gladly trade its season with us today, instead of looking for a new head coach now, as is widely reported to occur soon. For the humble inhabitants of Camelot, we will keep our King :lol: 8)
The Hoyas are not good right now. But they've had a few wins in the Big Dance in the years since we broke them in 2008. Except for those two glorious weekends 9 years ago, Davidson hasn't won an NCAA game since 1969.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

MLC67

Post by MLC67 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:46 am

Well i77, it appears that u have accused me of Fake News. Well guess what, your wrong and I'm right, as the truth is they would trade seasons in a New York minute, they are in a complete downward spiral, and their coach (not their team) is on the bubble. Freedom now, Freedom Forever :wink:
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for men of good will to do nothing. Eddie Burke

Esse Quam Videri

JoMo

Post by JoMo » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:51 am

i77cat wrote:
MLC67 wrote:I had considered using Georgetown as the foil for my meme that our 2016/17 season has been a great success (more on that deserved luv later). Indeed, w/o. doing the necessary research, so I could be wrong here (but so what), I believe that the downfall of GT can be measured by DU coming back from 18 down in the second half to defeat the Hoyas in 2008. The Hoyas may have made the Dance after that Steff beat down, or not. Whatever, they have not made any noise nationally since that very day.

The Hoyas are not good right now. But they've had a few wins in the Big Dance in the years since we broke them in 2008. Except for those two glorious weekends 9 years ago, Davidson hasn't won an NCAA game since 1969.
The Hoyas have won two NCAA tourney games since 2008. They beat Belmont int 2012 and Eastern Washington in 2015. They are 2-5 since we beat them.
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... am1Id=6088
TCC - trust, commitment, care

MLC67

Post by MLC67 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:56 am

2-5 constitutes a downward spiral in the context of the top tier NCAA performances of the Hoyas prior to 2008, mostly of course when they were coached by the Papa Paranoid. Thank you, kind Sir, for the vindication. FN, FF.

Esse Quam Videri