Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

2018 A10 Champions!
CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:14 am

With respect to freshman potentially contributing early next year, another thing to note is Kellan Grady was originally a Class of 2016 prospect, and per Draft Express he will turn 20 by September of this year.

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:18 pm

Cuonzo Martin, from St Louis, is apparently the top target of Missouri. Rumor is he might be on the move even if it isn't Mizzou. Since Grant Anticevich just committed to Martin at Cal and hasn't signed a letter of intent, he may back out of it if Martin leaves, so something to keep an eye on.

BDL

Post by BDL » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:39 pm

CatsUpNorth wrote:Cuonzo Martin, from St Louis, is apparently the top target of Missouri. Rumor is he might be on the move even if it isn't Mizzou. Since Grant Anticevich just committed to Martin at Cal and hasn't signed a letter of intent, he may back out of it if Martin leaves, so something to keep an eye on.
Sorry for the ignorant question but what kind of player is Anticevich? The only thing I could find said he was an athletic wing/forward at 6'8. Is he a post guy (versus a natural 3)? Can he shoot? Again sorry for the ignorance.

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:40 pm

BDL wrote:
CatsUpNorth wrote:Cuonzo Martin, from St Louis, is apparently the top target of Missouri. Rumor is he might be on the move even if it isn't Mizzou. Since Grant Anticevich just committed to Martin at Cal and hasn't signed a letter of intent, he may back out of it if Martin leaves, so something to keep an eye on.
Sorry for the ignorant question but what kind of player is Anticevich? The only thing I could find said he was an athletic wing/forward at 6'8. Is he a post guy (versus a natural 3)? Can he shoot? Again sorry for the ignorance.
He was projected to be a 4 for Davidson.

citycat

Post by citycat » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:57 pm

Why wouldn't Anticevich follow Martin wherever he goes, or stay with Cal if Cuonzo stays there?

Missouri is buying off their coach, Kim Stewart, after 3 years. Frank Haith left in a hurry after beating Davidson in the NIT in '14. Missouri was put on probation and banned from the NCAA Tournament this year for Haith's transgressions. (They are 7-23, or thereabout. A good year for them to be banned.)

Missouri is an under-performing athletic department. There's one big school in the state. Two metropolitan areas. Some very well-heeled fans and alums.

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:08 pm

citycat wrote:Why wouldn't Anticevich follow Martin wherever he goes, or stay with Cal if Cuonzo stays there?
While Martin is known as a good recruiter for developing relationships with players, Anticevich's quotes after committing implied he became enamored with the Bay Area. So he may decide to decommit or decide he wants to stay because he committed for reasons other than the coach.

Also possible and worth noting that we may decide we don't want to recruit him after he chose to commit elsewhere, although I cannot speak to the mindset of the coaching staff in such situations.

In general, we should keep an eye on players (especially bigs) decommitting at this time of year. Last year we targeted Malachi Flynn after he decommitted from Pacific, and now he looks like a really nice player for Washington State.
Last edited by CatsUpNorth on Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DCA06

Post by DCA06 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:16 pm

Were we also in the mix for Australian Tom Fullarton? Is there anyone from Mizzou we would want on transfer?

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:18 pm

I have no doubt that the coaching staff are paying attention.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

DCA06

Post by DCA06 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:50 pm

Georgetown, LSU several teams with potential coaching changes. Could lead to player transfer opportunities. How about getting Robert Baker back from Harvard

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:53 pm

Link to free stream of Kellan Grady's team playing in the NEPSAC championship, going against a backcourt of Makai Ashton-Langford (UCONN) and Thomas Allen (NC State): https://portal.stretchinternet.com/neps ... Type=video

BDF

Post by BDF » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:20 pm

MrMac wrote:
BDF wrote:
DCA06 wrote:If we don't give out the remaining scholarship, does it roll forward to 2018? In 2018 we have 5-6 spots available correct? 2018 will be a big year.
We already have six spots to fill for '18-'19.

Peyton
Nate
Will
Oskar
Jordy
Rusty

I'd rather us not get a transfer in this year's class and have 7 new faces in '18.

It is probably likely that one or more of those is held for '19-20 when we have no available schollies.
I want to say that Will has another year beyind the rest...but maybe I just WANT to say that...?
Pretty sure that's just wishful thinking. He played two years at BC.
Bob in the huddle during timeout: "Don't listen to BDL!"
Matt: "Coach, that's BDF."
Bob: "What?! There's two of them!?"

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:25 pm

CatsUpNorth wrote:Link to free stream of Kellan Grady's team playing in the NEPSAC championship, going against a backcourt of Makai Ashton-Langford (UCONN) and Thomas Allen (NC State): https://portal.stretchinternet.com/neps ... Type=video
NMH got blitzed (Brewster is a heck of a team) but Kellan was a bright spot. He didn't hit any of his threes and had some trouble getting over screens, but he is a very strong ball handler, used his athleticism and skill to finish over bigger defenders in the halfcourt and in transition (something we currently struggle at mightily), and does a great job at playing within himself and doesn't try to do too much. The members of this board will love him.

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:02 pm

BDF wrote:
MrMac wrote:
BDF wrote:
DCA06 wrote:If we don't give out the remaining scholarship, does it roll forward to 2018? In 2018 we have 5-6 spots available correct? 2018 will be a big year.
We already have six spots to fill for '18-'19.

Peyton
Nate
Will
Oskar
Jordy
Rusty

I'd rather us not get a transfer in this year's class and have 7 new faces in '18.

It is probably likely that one or more of those is held for '19-20 when we have no available schollies.
I want to say that Will has another year beyind the rest...but maybe I just WANT to say that...?
Pretty sure that's just wishful thinking. He played two years at BC.
Yep. My mistake. Hate that.

Acorn

Post by Acorn » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:33 am

http://www.recorder.com/Bulletin-Board-8486173
Kellan Grady, who is headed to Davidson next year, led NMH with 20 points and 6 assists.
But that appears to be part of the same article's write-up of NMH's Saturday victory over South Kent in the semifinal game.

mccabemi

Post by mccabemi » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:18 pm

Yes- he had 13 in championship 6-12 from the field (0-2 from 3).