Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

2018 A10 Champions!
elrodvt

Post by elrodvt » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:59 pm

While facilities have taken a big step forward with the new building I do wonder if Belk doesn't hurt recruiting at a high level?

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:00 pm

DCA06 wrote:I thought we offered Jairus Hamilton? Even though a long shot, he is an excellent student and athlete. We need to get our assistants up to speed on power point, selling the dream. Top 10 team with you here, gonzaga of the south. Enter: Blue chips movie for the on court sell move. Or Happys Lexus gift. Cmon everybody does it.

Hunter Tyson has to be a focus. He's in our backyard.

Other recruits that are west coast or northeast, tougher, but we're making great strides to converting. With Northeastern, Wake Forest, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, I am always nervous given these programs are rising and our admissions standards sometimes prevents us from getting the best player.
There is no publicly available information linking us and Jairus Hamilton other than the not too reliable ESPN recruiting page and some mentions on this board in late 2015, so I would give up on that dream.

Hunter Tyson is someone we have pursued consistently and I'm sure we would love to have and we will continue to work for.

MLC67

Post by MLC67 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:36 am

CatsUpNorth wrote:
DCA06 wrote:I thought we offered Jairus Hamilton? Even though a long shot, he is an excellent student and athlete. We need to get our assistants up to speed on power point, selling the dream. Top 10 team with you here, gonzaga of the south. Enter: Blue chips movie for the on court sell move. Or Happys Lexus gift. Cmon everybody does

Color me curious (still white, not yellow) - what is "Happys Lexus gift"?
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for men of good will to do nothing. Eddie Burke

Esse Quam Videri

DCA06

Post by DCA06 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:11 am

Some of you are dating yourselves as "too young" to have seen one of the best movies of all time. BLUE CHIPS

If you have seen the movie BASEKETBALL, also another classic, there is a reference to "everyone knows Shaq got rich in college". For those of you who are still in college and have not seen this movie, I suggest you stop what you are doing and spend 2 hours this weekend refreshing on one of Nick Nolte's best acting performances of all time.

But yea Jairus is in our back yard and hes smart - why is it so hard to say dude we could be epic with you at SF. We will build a powerhouse around you, and you will take real classes, not fake ones at UNC.

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:39 am

DCA06 wrote:But yea Jairus is in our back yard and hes smart - why is it so hard to say dude we could be epic with you at SF. We will build a powerhouse around you, and you will take real classes, not fake ones at UNC.
I think a healthier mindset to take towards recruiting is rooting for the kids where there is known public interest. I'm sure we could (and quite possibly did) make a compelling pitch to Jairus, but if he's been interviewed a hundred times in the last year about his college choices and talked about why he likes UNC, Kansas and Duke in every one, but hasn't even mentioned the name Davidson (except for maybe once two years ago), then he is probably looking for something else.

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:23 pm

New name, Addison Lubert, 2017 pf/C from Chicago: http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/a ... story.html
Now, Lubert is being recruited by the likes of Wichita State, Washington State and Davidson.

Acorn

Post by Acorn » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:38 pm

Another strange, slowed-down game for Luke Frampton and the Poca Dots:

http://www.wvgazettemail.com/sports-pre ... tional-win

Frampton scored 14 of his team's 21 (!) points in the win.

Waitress

Post by Waitress » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:26 pm

CatsUpNorth wrote:New name, Addison Lubert, 2017 pf/C from Chicago: http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/a ... story.html
Now, Lubert is being recruited by the likes of Wichita State, Washington State and Davidson.
Barrington, where JRich is from. Attends high school in Arlington Heights, in the Northwest Suburbs.
Conor Bree

~Tip well.

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:52 pm

Waitress wrote:
CatsUpNorth wrote:New name, Addison Lubert, 2017 pf/C from Chicago: http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/a ... story.html
Barrington, where JRich is from. Attends high school in Arlington Heights, in the Northwest Suburbs.
Arlington Heights, home of former '86 Wildcat Ted Wolfe.

DCA06

Post by DCA06 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:15 pm

If we don't give out the remaining scholarship, does it roll forward to 2018? In 2018 we have 5-6 spots available correct? 2018 will be a big year.

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:07 pm

DCA06 wrote:If we don't give out the remaining scholarship, does it roll forward to 2018? In 2018 we have 5-6 spots available correct? 2018 will be a big year.
As long as the total doesn't go above 13, it doesn't matter when they are allocated, as far as I know.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:03 pm

Luke Frampton scored 37 in a win tonight, while Kellan Grady and NMH won in the state semifinals before taking on a loaded Brewster team tomorrow at 6, which I believe will be streamed here: https://portal.stretchinternet.com/nepsac/

Acorn

Post by Acorn » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:34 am

CatsUpNorth wrote:Luke Frampton scored 37 in a win tonight, while Kellan Grady and NMH won in the state semifinals before taking on a loaded Brewster team tomorrow at 6, which I believe will be streamed here: https://portal.stretchinternet.com/nepsac/
I think we're going to like Luke:

http://www.wvgazettemail.com/sports-pre ... onal-crown

BDF

Post by BDF » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:40 am

DCA06 wrote:If we don't give out the remaining scholarship, does it roll forward to 2018? In 2018 we have 5-6 spots available correct? 2018 will be a big year.
We already have six spots to fill for '18-'19.

Peyton
Nate
Will
Oskar
Jordy
Rusty

I'd rather us not get a transfer in this year's class and have 7 new faces in '18.

It is probably likely that one or more of those is held for '19-20 when we have no available schollies.
Bob in the huddle during timeout: "Don't listen to BDL!"
Matt: "Coach, that's BDF."
Bob: "What?! There's two of them!?"

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:04 am

BDF wrote:
We already have six spots to fill for '18-'19.

Peyton
Nate
Will
Oskar
Jordy
Rusty

I'd rather us not get a transfer in this year's class and have 7 new faces in '18.

It is probably likely that one or more of those is held for '19-20 when we have no available schollies.
I want to say that Will has another year beyind the rest...but maybe I just WANT to say that...?