Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

2018 A10 Champions!
BDL

Post by BDL » Tue May 15, 2018 10:12 pm

RichmondCat wrote:
Wildcat16 wrote:Section VI-3. Intra-Conference National Letter of Intent Rule

An individual who signs a valid National Letter of Intent with an ACC institution and does not satisfy the one-year attendance requirement or the Junior College Graduation provision of the National Letter of Intent may not represent another ACC institution in intercollegiate athletics competition until the individual has completed one (1) full academic years of residence at the latter ACC institution and shall be charged with the loss of one (1) season of eligibility in all sports. An individual receiving a mutual release per Item 5 of the National Letter of Intent may not represent another ACC institution in intercollegiate athletics competition until the individual has completed one full academic year at the latter ACC institution and shall be charged with the loss of one season of eligibility in all sports. Waivers of the ACC rule must demonstrate objective evidence that proves the student-athlete’s extraordinary personal hardship merits a waiver of the normal application of the policy.
Then again...

Still, a release possibly different from not satisfying.
Bryce Golden asked Pitt for his release from his NLI (he got it obviously) and looked very hard at Syracuse. It was confirmed that he wouldn't have had to sit out a year if he went to Syracuse. I don't see why this situation is any different.

collegecoach8502

Post by collegecoach8502 » Tue May 15, 2018 10:35 pm

Wildcat16 wrote:
RichmondCat wrote:
BDL wrote:Don't get too excited, there are strong rumors/signals that he will be going to Louisville.
Since Xavier was in on Bey, this would make a lot of sense.
Based on the ACC intra-conference transfer rule, he’d have to sit and lose a year of elibigility if he were to choose Louisville.
You are correct.
"He is a 6-foot-3, sweet smiling, fun loving boogeyman who will decimate entire teams, then sign autographs and take pictures with his fallen foes' children.

He is a question with no answers."

BDL

Post by BDL » Wed May 16, 2018 1:11 am

collegecoach8502 wrote:
Wildcat16 wrote:
RichmondCat wrote:
BDL wrote:Don't get too excited, there are strong rumors/signals that he will be going to Louisville.
Based on the ACC intra-conference transfer rule, he’d have to sit and lose a year of elibigility if he were to choose Louisville.
You are correct.
Well, according to NC State and General Recruiting insiders Bey will not have to sit out a year if he chooses to go to another ACC school. In addition, multiple sources have already stated that Miami, Pitt, Xavier, and Louisville are the frontrunners to land him.

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Wed May 16, 2018 12:01 pm

BDL wrote:
collegecoach8502 wrote:
Wildcat16 wrote:
RichmondCat wrote:
You are correct.
Well, according to NC State and General Recruiting insiders Bey will not have to sit out a year if he chooses to go to another ACC school. In addition, multiple sources have already stated that Miami, Pitt, Xavier, and Louisville are the frontrunners to land him.
Just as a matter of practice it’s best to provide links if you’re trying to explain to someone they are mistaken. It all depends on the nature of the release, NC State could restrict him but they could also grant his full release. I have not seen the same stuff you have, so links would be helpful in this regard.

Jay Catsby

Post by Jay Catsby » Wed May 16, 2018 1:28 pm

While we are on the subject of citing sources, here is what 247Sports' Evan Daniels had to say on the matter: https://mobile.twitter.com/EvanDaniels/ ... 1803260929

He's as much of an expert on cbb recruiting as anyone, and the sense I get from him is that he doesn't know for sure but seems like Bey would have to sit if he stayed in the ACC.

Obviously appeals can happen, or any other number of exceptions can be made. But I'd say for now it's more likely Bey ends up in the Big East or at Maryland.

Wildcat16

Post by Wildcat16 » Wed May 16, 2018 1:45 pm

The transfer restrictions between ACC schools are set by the ACC. NC State has no say in the matter.

Bey is free to choose any school in the country, but if he picks an ACC school, he must sit one and lose that year of eligibility (unless there is an extraordinary personal hardship that merits a waiver).

BDL

Post by BDL » Wed May 16, 2018 4:18 pm

Wildcat16 wrote:The transfer restrictions between ACC schools are set by the ACC. NC State has no say in the matter.

Bey is free to choose any school in the country, but if he picks an ACC school, he must sit one and lose that year of eligibility (unless there is an extraordinary personal hardship that merits a waiver).
I understand but my question is why would Golden been able to play immediately if he chose Syracuse?

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Wed May 16, 2018 4:38 pm

BDL wrote:I understand but my question is why would Golden been able to play immediately if he chose Syracuse?
You stated earlier that "it was confirmed" that Golden would be able to play immediately at Syracuse. How do you know this to be true?
"... coming out of the murky, dreary jungle of untutored mediocrity."

BDL

Post by BDL » Wed May 16, 2018 6:25 pm

ChantillyCat wrote:
BDL wrote:I understand but my question is why would Golden been able to play immediately if he chose Syracuse?
You stated earlier that "it was confirmed" that Golden would be able to play immediately at Syracuse. How do you know this to be true?
Good writers such as Mike Waters (the head sports writer for Syracuse.com), Chris Carlson, sites with access to the program (OrangeNation, NunesMagician, etc) wrote multiple times that Golden would be able to contribute significant minutes right away. I guess having your coach fired is a better excuse than having your scholarship ostensibly revoked (what happened to Bey)?

BDL

Post by BDL » Wed May 16, 2018 6:28 pm

I understand what the rule explicitly says but I have witnessed it multiple times not being enforced or even noted.

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Wed May 16, 2018 6:46 pm

BDL, I just read multiple articles at the places you cited and none of them say that Golden would be immediately eligible at Syracuse. I'd really appreciate it if you would link to one that does.

BDL

Post by BDL » Wed May 16, 2018 8:10 pm

All of the articles claim that he either “fills a need” for 2018 or “there’s a spot in the rotation for him” in 2018. Now writers like Waters are nationally respected writers and have covered CBB for years; if Golden wouldn’t be eligible they would have written it. Also, Boeheim would not have recruited Golden if he wasn’t immediately eligible. Since Bazley went with the G-League Cuse has been searching for immediate forward depth (and just now got it), it makes no sense for them to get Golden if he couldn’t play immediately.

BDL

Post by BDL » Wed May 16, 2018 8:13 pm

BDL wrote:
All of the articles claim that he either “fills a need” for 2018 or “there’s a spot in the rotation for him” in 2018. Now writers like Waters are nationally respected writers and have covered CBB for years; if Golden wouldn’t be eligible they would have written it. Also, Boeheim would not have recruited Golden if he wasn’t immediately eligible. Since Bazley went with the G-League Cuse has been searching for immediate forward depth (and just now got it), it makes no sense for them to get Golden if he couldn’t play immediately.
Also, why would Golden even consider Syracuse if he had to lose a year of eligibility?

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Wed May 16, 2018 8:41 pm

Sorry. I don't agree with you at all.