2018 A10 Champions!
graveline

Re: Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

Post by graveline » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:54 pm

BDL wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:34 pm
DCA06 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:24 pm
Steph out with a piece in the Players Tribune that hopefully is positive to us.
If you're listening, COME TO DAVIDSON
It is more than positive.
Unless you’re not into physiology papers
If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said it

Wildcat16

Post by Wildcat16 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:41 pm

But...but...remember when the value of our Davidson degree was lessened when he declared we never went to the moon?

:roll:

mccabemi

Post by mccabemi » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:56 pm

Today, prior to class, some high school students of mine were discussing whether or not mankind ever landed on the moon. For me, the argument was never about the meaning of my degree (insert dead horse meme).

BDL

Post by BDL » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:42 pm

Do we have another scholarship for next year? Kristensen at 6'10/6'11 (depending on the source) is a nice addition to our big man corps and Mike Jones should add more length, scoring, and shooting to our wing rotation but I feel like we could definitely stand to add another big (more in the mold of a physical type than a skilled type),

BDL

Post by BDL » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:45 pm

BDL wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:42 pm
Do we have another scholarship for next year? Kristensen at 6'10/6'11 (depending on the source) is a nice addition to our big man corps and Mike Jones should add more length, scoring, and shooting to our wing rotation but I feel like we could definitely stand to add another big (more in the mold of a physical type than a skilled type),
I would like to see NBY get some run because I think he could be this guy. We know the jump shot isn't there yet but he seemed like one of the more athletic guys on the roster.

DCA06

Post by DCA06 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:55 pm

That or take a wing SF transfer.

collegecoach8502

Post by collegecoach8502 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:29 pm

I’m fine with a SF but want one that can play next year.
"He is a 6-foot-3, sweet smiling, fun loving boogeyman who will decimate entire teams, then sign autographs and take pictures with his fallen foes' children.

He is a question with no answers."

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:43 am

collegecoach8502 wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:29 pm
I’m fine with a SF but want one that can play next year.
We hopefully will have 2 freshmen SF's in uniform next season.

catnhat

Post by catnhat » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:08 am

Do you consider Mike Jones to be a SF?

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:14 am

catnhat wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:08 am
Do you consider Mike Jones to be a SF?
Yes, he is one of the 2.

catnhat

Post by catnhat » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:11 pm

I saw Jones standing next to Nate. His waist was an inch or two higher, but overall he was an inch or 2 shorter. He is long-limbed.

DCA06

Post by DCA06 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:18 pm

Anyone know how is recovery is going? Again I look at this team and think Dallion is the priority at guard/ at forward is it Justice? We really need Kristensen to come in and play well along Luka and Dusan. Otherwise defly need another 3/4 or NBY has a eureka moment going into sophomore year. Which could happen I think speed of A10 and strength is something he needs to watch and learn. Bates has benefited from that. But bates shouldn’t be relied upon to be a real banger and scorer. I saw a lot of we could find a dmon Brookes part II that would be exciting with what we have. I also am excited that we have a couple guards and luka we can build around for next two three years .

rbarney

Post by rbarney » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:50 pm

Given that Nate is no longer playing (or even dressing to play), it means that everyone currently playing will be back next year, with another quality addition at forward. That's pretty exciting in itself.

BDL

Post by BDL » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:27 pm

Guards: JAG, Grady, Carter, DCz
Wings: Grady (if necessary), KP, Mike Jones, Frampton
Bigs: Luka, Dusan, Bates, NBY, Kristensen

If Bob wants to play the traditional style, 2 bigs on the floor at once, we should probably bring in one more big but if he wants to do more of what we are doing this year then we probably need one more swingman/wing. Mckillop could also commit to using Grady more on the wing next year which would likely mean adding another ball dominant guard to the fold. There a lot of ways to proceed from here and none of them are bad.

BDF

Post by BDF » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:46 am

BDL wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:27 pm
Guards: JAG, Grady, Carter, DCz
Wings: Grady (if necessary), KP, Mike Jones, Frampton
Bigs: Luka, Dusan, Bates, NBY, Kristensen

If Bob wants to play the traditional style, 2 bigs on the floor at once, we should probably bring in one more big but if he wants to do more of what we are doing this year then we probably need one more swingman/wing. Mckillop could also commit to using Grady more on the wing next year which would likely mean adding another ball dominant guard to the fold. There a lot of ways to proceed from here and none of them are bad.
This is right, though I think the difference between wing and guard can get really confusing. (Is JAG a wing when he's on the floor with Carter and Grady and Grady is bringing the ball up? Rhetorical question)

I also think there can be some blurring between Wing and Big. I think Bates can play a very similar game to what KiShawn plays. I'm also optimistic that NBY can play a stretch 4 that is wing-ish.

Imagine how long we are in a 2-3 zone with Grady, Jag, MJ, NBY and Luka on the floor. I'm pretty sure the last 3 can go finger tip to finger tip and cover the whole width of the floor.

Given the guys we have, I think the most important thing is to start planning for 2021-22, so we should go find another ball handler.
Bob in the huddle during timeout: "Don't listen to BDL!"
Matt: "Coach, that's BDF."
Bob: "What?! There's two of them!?"