2018 A10 Champions!
raptorcat

Re: Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

Post by raptorcat » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:56 pm

Acorn wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:23 am
wildforthecats wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:20 pm
6’3 ’21 AJ Allenspach (Simpsonville, SC). One to keep an eye on.
Highlights of Allenspach:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKA9TdqFS4E
Wow. Very impressive in all phases of the game.
“Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.”
"I can't be worrying about that sh*t. Life goes on, man."
- Jeff Bridges as The Dude in "The Big Lebowski"

citycat

Post by citycat » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:09 pm

His uncle Brian played for Davidson in '97-'98, then transferred to Western Kentucky. Adam Allenspach, Brian's fraternal twin, played for Clemson.

Adam was 7'1". Brian 6'9"ish.

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:39 pm

citycat wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:09 pm
His uncle Brian played for Davidson in '97-'98, then transferred to Western Kentucky. Adam Allenspach, Brian's fraternal twin, played for Clemson.

Adam was 7'1". Brian 6'9"ish.
If you had come to the BH Saturday Mike Eruzione, you could have met him.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:01 pm

"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

BDL

Post by BDL » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:01 pm

Is he a wing/forward like Lee or a stretch 4 type player?

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:11 pm

BDL wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:01 pm
Is he a wing/forward like Lee or a stretch 4 type player?
Wing/forward at this time. If he continues to grow, the stretch 4.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:10 pm

I haven't seen him play, except on a few clips. Here's what guys who've seen play have to say-- " He’s a smart, high-motor forward/post prospect with the ability to stretch the floor or operate from the low block."
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:52 pm

Cats have reached out to ’21 wing Hunter Sloop from Mt Pleasant.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:58 pm

https://www.independenttribune.com/spor ... b0a2a.html

Pretty funny misquote in there. If you are going to lay something, there's a difference between "dud" and "dude."
I wonder if Coach McKillop and Coach Taylor could find a way for him to play both sports.

CastleCat

Post by CastleCat » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:33 pm

Davidson mentioned as a potential spring visit: https://www.zagsblog.com/2020/02/24/202 ... g-hardest/
lovin' every minute of it

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:08 pm

Interesting comments on Furman.

BDL

Post by BDL » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:57 pm

GoalCat wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:41 pm
Some thoughts about next year's team, and a related recruiting thought or question.

1. Starting 5 will include the long-discussed return to "2 bigs". Kellan, Carter, and HJ at the guards. Luka and Sam at the bigs. Plenty of reserve legs for the guards (Grant, Mike, David C., Emory ... with Luke as a starter if he is back?). Plenty of reserve legs for the bigs (Nelson, Bates, David K.). That feels like a roster that can withstand at least one significant injury at the guard position, though still "at risk" for anything significant from our starting bigs ... though more resilient than in recent times.

2. Current recruiting question: does Luke return? Super, super want him to. Aside from always having seemed like the personification of Davidson basketball, he is just dang good and dang valuable (not always the same thing, and Luke defines both), and dang lovable. However, if he is not returning, does that suggest immediate use of the scholarship for an incoming freshman or transfer, or saving it for next year's recruiting class? If it is an open scholarship, I would love to see us use it on a transfer "big", to become available Luka's senior year. Can only imagine the strength of having Luka as a senior, Sam in his 2nd full year, plus a transfer big on the front line.

3. Not losing sight of the season right in front of us! We can enjoy both now and then :)
If Luke returns, what do y'all think about this lineup? I don't even know how I feel about it (and don't think it would happen), but isn't the whole point about forums like this one to speculate?

PG: Kellan
SG: Frampton
SF: Lee
PF: Nelson/Mennenga
C: Luka

First Guard off the Bench: Carter
First Wing off the bench: Mike Jones
Bigs off the bench: Nelson/Mennenga, Bates, Kristensen

Then obviously we wait and see on DCz, Emory, and Grant.

Dr. Bliss

Post by Dr. Bliss » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:14 pm

BDL wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:57 pm
GoalCat wrote:
Some thoughts about next year's team, and a related recruiting thought or question.

1. Starting 5 will include the long-discussed return to "2 bigs". Kellan, Carter, and HJ at the guards. Luka and Sam at the bigs. Plenty of reserve legs for the guards (Grant, Mike, David C., Emory ... with Luke as a starter if he is back?). Plenty of reserve legs for the bigs (Nelson, Bates, David K.). That feels like a roster that can withstand at least one significant injury at the guard position, though still "at risk" for anything significant from our starting bigs ... though more resilient than in recent times.

2. Current recruiting question: does Luke return? Super, super want him to. Aside from always having seemed like the personification of Davidson basketball, he is just dang good and dang valuable (not always the same thing, and Luke defines both), and dang lovable. However, if he is not returning, does that suggest immediate use of the scholarship for an incoming freshman or transfer, or saving it for next year's recruiting class? If it is an open scholarship, I would love to see us use it on a transfer "big", to become available Luka's senior year. Can only imagine the strength of having Luka as a senior, Sam in his 2nd full year, plus a transfer big on the front line.

3. Not losing sight of the season right in front of us! We can enjoy both now and then :)
If Luke returns, what do y'all think about this lineup? I don't even know how I feel about it (and don't think it would happen), but isn't the whole point about forums like this one to speculate?

I'd bet large on Carter being the starting PG. Notice how, over the course of this season, he's moved into more of a facilitator role and is doing very well at it.

Kellan could go pro. After a slow start he's playing great lately and justifying the accolades that came his way pre-season. (I didn't say NBA, I said pro.) His stock will be high at the end of the season.

Bob values seniority. I'm not sure Lee would start in front of MJ. MJ is a much better defender at this point. MJ has played the whole year with a big, clunky knee brace, which I bet he'll be without next year.
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx

BDL

Post by BDL » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:25 pm

Dr. Bliss wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:14 pm
BDL wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:57 pm
GoalCat wrote:

I'd bet large on Carter being the starting PG. Notice how, over the course of this season, he's moved into more of a facilitator role and is doing very well at it.

Kellan could go pro. After a slow start he's playing great lately and justifying the accolades that came his way pre-season. (I didn't say NBA, I said pro.) His stock will be high at the end of the season.
I agree on all 3 accounts 100%. I was just offering this up as a little mental exercise/food for thought.

dorp

Post by dorp » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:37 pm

Dr. Bliss wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:14 pm
I was rooting for him to be benched before he got to 20 last night.