Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

2018 A10 Champions!
wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Thu May 24, 2018 9:32 am

CatsUpNorth wrote:
RichmondCat wrote:Coach McKillop on WFNZ. The usual Curry discussion plus some praise for Chris Clunie, continued kool-aid for Luke Frampton and learn how to pronounce Brajkovic.

http://www.wfnz.com/media/audio-channel ... ger-midday
I am not positive coach is correct on the pronunciation based on PA announcers in Europe and other interviews, i think it’s pronounced brye-ko vich (Brye like rye bread). I’m also not sure and am sure coach knows what he’s talking about, but I am sure I and many others here will struggle while doing their best to get it right.
I assume Coach is pronouncing his name correctly, since he has been recruiting Luka for a while. Maybe his brother will come to Davidson also?

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Thu May 24, 2018 9:37 am

He has also used the word “arener” for an even longer time.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Thu May 24, 2018 9:42 am

Here’s a video with some highlights and an interview with him where his name is pronounced a number of times: https://www.skysportaustria.at/basketba ... n-die-nba/

stevelee beat me to the arener joke, nobody’s perfect :D (not saying that this video is also 100 percent correct, just how folks over there say it)

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Thu May 24, 2018 9:44 am

stevelee wrote:He has also used the word “arener” for an even longer time.
Philadelphier is my fav.

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Thu May 24, 2018 9:46 am

CatsUpNorth wrote:Here’s a video with some highlights and an interview with him where his name is pronounced a number of times: https://www.skysportaustria.at/basketba ... n-die-nba/

stevelee beat me to the arener joke, nobody’s perfect :D (not saying that this video is also 100 percent correct, just how folks over there say it)
Ha Ha, I hear ya. However, think about this little tidbit: Name the last time Coach pronounced a foreign players name wrong?

8-)

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Thu May 24, 2018 11:25 am

wildforthecats wrote:
stevelee wrote:He has also used the word “arener” for an even longer time.
Philadelphier is my fav.
The past tense of “see” sounds like “sore.”

Kennedy would get me with “Cuber.” And that’s with an accent where one might “pock the cah in Hahvahd yod.”
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Thu May 24, 2018 11:34 am

wildforthecats wrote:
CatsUpNorth wrote:Here’s a video with some highlights and an interview with him where his name is pronounced a number of times: https://www.skysportaustria.at/basketba ... n-die-nba/

Ha Ha, I hear ya. However, think about this little tidbit: Name the last time Coach pronounced a foreign players name wrong?

8-)
Are you talking about Emeker?
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Thu May 24, 2018 11:36 am

i77cat wrote:
wildforthecats wrote:

8-)
Are you talking about Emeker?

DAVOR!, DAVOR!!, DAVOR!!!

slowcat95

Post by slowcat95 » Thu May 24, 2018 11:39 am

I have an Aussie friend who, for months, I thought studied natural resource lore. I always asked her to tell me stories, which I assumed had been passed down for several generations. Turns out her area of expertise is actually law.

That explains why her stories were never as exciting as I expected them to be.
she/hers

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Thu May 24, 2018 12:01 pm

I used to enjoy counting how many different ways an announcer would pronounce Sophia's name during a game.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Thu May 24, 2018 12:35 pm

One of my daughters refuses to drive on the highway that runs between the Beltway and Dulles Airport because she's afraid of paying the troll.
"... coming out of the murky, dreary jungle of untutored mediocrity."

Rudy2011

Post by Rudy2011 » Thu May 24, 2018 12:39 pm

i77cat wrote:I used to enjoy counting how many different ways an announcer would pronounce Sophia's name during a game.
I always tried to stick with her first name when I was on the call
Carthago delenda est

I say we drink the wine, eat the dogs, and use the papers for musket wadding.

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Thu May 24, 2018 12:41 pm

i77cat wrote:I used to enjoy counting how many different ways an announcer would pronounce Sophia's name during a game.
Sophia is not a hard name to pronounce.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Thu May 24, 2018 1:00 pm

Her last name, RB, her last name.

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Thu May 24, 2018 1:02 pm

i77cat wrote:Her last name, RB, her last name.
RB?