Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

2018 A10 Champions!
BDL

Post by BDL » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:07 pm

BDL wrote:
stevelee wrote:And then . . . along came Jones.
Is jones a pg though? He seems like the same (very good) type as Frampton. I think if we are looking for a shifty/quick true point guard on the roster or in our recruiting classes Carter is the only viable answer.
Mind you, there is a difference in being able to bring the ball up and be an actual playmaking pg. KG, JAG, KP, PA are all good secondary creators but aren't guys we just throw it in to and say create (a la jack gibbs).

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:30 pm

BDL wrote:
Is jones a pg though? He seems like the same (very good) type as Frampton. I think if we are looking for a shifty/quick true point guard on the roster or in our recruiting classes Carter is the only viable answer.
The song quotation was too tempting to pass up, and he will be in the mix of combo players.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:31 pm

BDL wrote:
BDL wrote:
Mind you, there is a difference in being able to bring the ball up and be an actual playmaking pg. KG, JAG, KP, PA are all good secondary creators but aren't guys we just throw it in to and say create (a la jack gibbs).
Jack's creativity seemed like a mixed blessing sometimes.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:49 pm

stevelee wrote:
BDL wrote:
BDL wrote:
It was perfect when playing next to both Tyler and Sully, but when he the shooters around him disappeared, defenses could collapse and could cause problems for Jack. Shooting (health pending) will not be our concern going forward thankfully, and with shooters, having a guy who can break down the defense and kick can be a huge weapon. I see Kellan as a guy who can develop into that role (to a degree)

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:59 pm

CatsUpNorth wrote:
stevelee wrote:
BDL wrote:
BDL wrote:
It was perfect when playing next to both Tyler and Sully, but when he the shooters around him disappeared, defenses could collapse and could cause problems for Jack. Shooting (health pending) will not be our concern going forward thankfully, and with shooters, having a guy who can break down the defense and kick can be a huge weapon. I see Kellan as a guy who can develop into that role (to a degree)
Don't know about his potential to drive and dish, but Kellan's demonstated ability and willingness to drive and score are already very well-developed.

collegecoach8502

Post by collegecoach8502 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:56 pm

Kellan Grady is our point guard… We”ll be able to use others as back up points… But if you think Kellan isn’t a point guard then you don’t know what a point guard looks like.

Just a quick reminder, Jack Gibbs didn’t start a game as a freshman and came off the bench and averaged only 20 minutes a game… I daresay Kellan has the opportunity to surpass Jack’s career.
"He is a 6-foot-3, sweet smiling, fun loving boogeyman who will decimate entire teams, then sign autographs and take pictures with his fallen foes' children.

He is a question with no answers."

BDL

Post by BDL » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:12 pm

collegecoach8502 wrote:Kellan Grady is our point guard… We”ll be able to use others as back up points… But if you think Kellan isn’t a point guard then you don’t know what a point guard looks like.

Just a quick reminder, Jack Gibbs didn’t start a game as a freshman and came off the bench and averaged only 20 minutes a game… I daresay Kellan has the opportunity to surpass Jack’s career.
I don't think anyone is questioning his talent, he clearly has a chance to be an all time davidson great without question. However, many here seem to want a true point guard; Kellan averages under 2 assists a game. Kellan has shown a willingness to drive but I think its completely fair for people to want a shifty/quick guard who creates for others before himself.

cat44

Post by cat44 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:08 pm

Are you you guys talking about the Jack Gibson John Thompson'a son referred to?

collegecoach8502

Post by collegecoach8502 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:10 pm

BDL wrote:
collegecoach8502 wrote:Kellan Grady is our point guard… We”ll be able to use others as back up points… But if you think Kellan isn’t a point guard then you don’t know what a point guard looks like.

I don't think anyone is questioning his talent, he clearly has a chance to be an all time davidson great without question. However, many here seem to want a true point guard; Kellan averages under 2 assists a game. Kellan has shown a willingness to drive but I think its completely fair for people to want a shifty/quick guard who creates for others before himself.
He's true enough for me.
"He is a 6-foot-3, sweet smiling, fun loving boogeyman who will decimate entire teams, then sign autographs and take pictures with his fallen foes' children.

He is a question with no answers."

DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:11 pm

BDL wrote:Kellan has shown a willingness to drive but I think its completely fair for people to want a shifty/quick guard who creates for others before himself.
I'd like to have a point guard who plays like that guy for the Warriors.
"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:14 pm

BDL wrote:

Grady is still just a freshman. He will be amazing before he is done.

BDL

Post by BDL » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:59 pm

wildforthecats wrote:
BDL wrote:

Grady is still just a freshman. He will be amazing before he is done.
No one is arguing this point; he is already amazing (one of our best players). I'm just saying I understnd why some want a true point guard. Grady isn't used as a pass first point guard by the way nor should he. His incredible talents are accentuated by how we use him now. He plays alot like Paul Pierce instead of Chris Paul, a focal point but not a floor general.

WildCock

Post by WildCock » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:20 pm

stevelee wrote:
BDL wrote:
The song quotation was too tempting to pass up, and he will be in the mix of combo players.
Even given the average age of posters on this board, steve, that reference might be a bit obscure (except to diehard Lieber-Stoller fans like me).
Mene Mene Tekel Upharsin

rbarney

Point Guard

Post by rbarney » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:05 pm

Who played the point today when KiShawn was not in the game (nice to see him play 25 minutes)?

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:08 pm

WildCock wrote:
stevelee wrote:
BDL wrote:
Even given the average age of posters on this board, steve, that reference might be a bit obscure (except to diehard Lieber-Stoller fans like me).
http://youtu.be/eFyr49TwuiI