Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

2018 A10 Champions!
BDL

Post by BDL » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:43 pm

Riley Battin released his top 6.... AND WE ARE ON IT. Surprisingly enough Northwestern isn't (speaks to what we know). The other schools are Utah, Ohio State, Vanderbilt, Clemson, and Colorado.

BDL

Post by BDL » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:02 pm

CatsUpNorth wrote:Looks like we are still in on Luka Brajkovic as a 2018 player, as he says he likes us the most of the schools recruiting him, enjoyed his visit and wants to make a decision soon. I had falsely assumed him staying in Austria for another year meant he was going to go pro, but he still wants to play in college: http://scout.com/college/basketball/rec ... -105726899
“Schools, currently I’m looking at for example Davidson,” Brajkovic told Scout. “They are currently the most attractive place to me.”

“It was great,” he said of his visit to their campus. “I really liked the coaching staff there. It’s been great.”
Seems like we are the favorites to land him? Also seems like he has alot of upside.

DCA06

Post by DCA06 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:14 pm

Luka seems very intriguing. I am sure he would fit in well with some of our European players - hopefully an advantage to have that geographic diversity.
Great news re: Battin. Would be awesome.
If we could land those two; or even make a strong push for Tyson - that trifecta up front with the 3 freshman guards we have would represent an incredible core to build around for the next 4 years.

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:03 pm

Battin briefly explaining what he likes about each of his top 6: http://d1vision.com/riley-battin-top-six/

Feel like we're in good shape, but notable that he mentions the league each school plays in other than us as a reason to like them. Us and Utah have been in on him the longest among those schools.

BDL

Post by BDL » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:35 pm

DCA06 wrote:Luka seems very intriguing. I am sure he would fit in well with some of our European players - hopefully an advantage to have that geographic diversity.
If we could land those two; or even make a strong push for Tyson - that trifecta up front with the 3 freshman guards we have would represent an incredible core to build around for the next 4 years.
Just drinking some kool-aid here but Battin, Grady, Frampton would immediately be one of the most talented trios im the A10; thats two 4 stars and a guy that got offers from Arizona and WVU. Needless to say, but getting Battin would be absolutely gigantic.

BDL

Post by BDL » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:38 pm

BDL wrote:
DCA06 wrote:Luka seems very intriguing. I am sure he would fit in well with some of our European players - hopefully an advantage to have that geographic diversity.
Just drinking some kool-aid here but Battin, Grady, Frampton would immediately be one of the most talented trios im the A10; thats two 4 stars and a guy that got offers from Arizona and WVU. Needless to say, but getting Battin would be absolutely gigantic.
Also if they land the Austrian our starting lineup could be Collins-Grady-Frampton-Battin-Luka... size wise thats 6'2, 6'5, 6'6, 6'9, 6'10+(I'm making a dangerous assumption that a 17 yr old is stll growing). Talent wise alone thats amazing. I will say though that i seem higher on Luka than others but the european scouts seem to really like his game/upside.

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:43 pm

BDL wrote:
BDL wrote:
Also if they land the Austrian our starting lineup could be Collins-Grady-Frampton-Battin-Luka... size wise thats 6'2, 6'5, 6'6, 6'9, 6'10+(I'm making a dangerous assumption that a 17 yr old is stll growing). Talent wise alone thats amazing. I will say though that i seem higher on Luka than others but the european scouts seem to really like his game/upside.
Current players on our roster might have something to say about that starting lineup (although I'm all for kool aid chugging), but Luka is currently listed at 6'7" and while he has super long arms, also seems like he might need some development, while Battin would likely come in and play immediately with his skill level.

Also forgot to mention in the article Battin has an official scheduled to us Sept 1-3, and one to Utah in the middle of September.

catnhat

Post by catnhat » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:45 pm

Luka's regular team lists him as 6'9" (206 cm).

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:00 pm

catnhat wrote:Luka's regular team lists him as 6'9" (206 cm).
Yeah I saw that, but recently at the u18 the Austrian team lists him at 2.06 m (6'7.5") and I usually think the shorter height is more honest.

If you want to watch him at all here's some game film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXuJgUl06b4

You can see he's not hugely tall but he has crazy long arms and he plays hard.

BDL

Post by BDL » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:21 pm

I saw that but like I said, Im making the assumptiom that a 17 yr old will still grow.

graveline

Post by graveline » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:49 pm

Dorp and me will loose ourselves in Suzanne Vega references if this comes to pass
If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said it

BDF

Post by BDF » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:09 pm

graveline wrote:
Dorp and me will loose ourselves in Suzanne Vega references if this comes to pass
If he comes, and residence life doesn't put him on 2nd Belk, it will be a travesty.
Bob in the huddle during timeout: "Don't listen to BDL!"
Matt: "Coach, that's BDF."
Bob: "What?! There's two of them!?"

DCA06

Post by DCA06 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:47 pm

Hopeful for Riley. We'd be a great fit. I think it is easy for these kids to overlook Davidson relative to A P5 school but it's becoming easier for Davidson to argue every year you play a great schedule have a chance to win the A10 and advance to NCAA. Not every p5 school on that list can argue for that. I do think we are fortunate to see Davidson coming closer to a consistent high quality mid major that has potential to rank top 25. That would do wonders for building a greater pipeline of top100 and top 150 players actively selecting our program. Coaching staff is great and new hire will help

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:15 pm

On 247, it says we have an offer out to 6'7" Adam Thistlewood of Colorado. There is very little out there on him, but a recent 247 subscription protected post about him getting a Colorado State offer would make you think he mentioned us as a school that had offered him (or at least shown interest).

http://247sports.com/Player/Adam-Thistlewood-46047998

Steve Rodgers

Post by Steve Rodgers » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:30 pm

BDL wrote:
I saw that but like I said, Im making the assumptiom that a 17 yr old will still grow.
That's pretty iffy I'm thinnin'. Seems like most of the guys I knew who were tall finished up growing taller around 17. Of course they almost all were skinny and put on a lot of muscle mass after that.
And then of course there is David Robinson.