Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

2018 A10 Champions!
RichmondCat

Post by RichmondCat » Tue May 15, 2018 1:06 pm

Wildcat16 wrote:Just speculation and this ship might have sailed, but a certain university received a commitment today to bring their scholarship total to 13. They are also heavily pursuing (and appear to be the front runner) for another P5 transfer.

For those good at math, that's one over the scholarship limit. Maybey this affects the Cats. Maybey not.
I haven't seen one source that says that this maybey possible. And, even if maybey something happened, when this decision was made previously, old DU didn't make the top six. So, this rampant speculation seems particularly wanton.

bvgerd

Post by bvgerd » Tue May 15, 2018 2:46 pm

If I’m speculating about the right player I thought we were his second choice? That said I know it’s just rumors and doesn’t really hurt anything, but I generally don’t feel great talking about players who are committed to playing for another school unless they’ve indicated they intend to transfer or decommit. It starts to feel too much like I’m hoping something goes wrong for the individual player so we can benefit as a result.

RichmondCat

Post by RichmondCat » Tue May 15, 2018 3:19 pm

bvgerd wrote:If I’m speculating about the right player I thought we were his second choice? That said I know it’s just rumors and doesn’t really hurt anything, but I generally don’t feel great talking about players who are committed to playing for another school unless they’ve indicated they intend to transfer or decommit. It starts to feel too much like I’m hoping something goes wrong for the individual player so we can benefit as a result.
For the player who I believe was referenced, Northwestern, Miami, Pitt, Princeton, Xavier were in the top 6 along with the school where he is committed.

I agree with your sentiments.

RichmondCat

Post by RichmondCat » Tue May 15, 2018 5:30 pm

RichmondCat wrote:
bvgerd wrote:If I’m speculating about the right player I thought we were his second choice? That said I know it’s just rumors and doesn’t really hurt anything, but I generally don’t feel great talking about players who are committed to playing for another school unless they’ve indicated they intend to transfer or decommit. It starts to feel too much like I’m hoping something goes wrong for the individual player so we can benefit as a result.
For the player who I believe was referenced, Northwestern, Miami, Pitt, Princeton, Xavier were in the top 6 along with the school where he is committed.

I agree with your sentiments.
Having said all of that, the rumored P5 player is indeed transferring and the current rumor on the team’s message board is that a freshman will not be enrolling and maybey further rumored.

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Tue May 15, 2018 6:00 pm

“Saddiq Bey has asked for his release”

Everything else is speculation at this point and like it has been pointed out we didn’t make his final 6, but at least the player is no longer committed somewhere else

RichmondCat

Post by RichmondCat » Tue May 15, 2018 6:03 pm

CatsUpNorth wrote:“Saddiq Bey has asked for his release”

Everything else is speculation at this point and like it has been pointed out we didn’t make his final 6, but at least the player is no longer committed somewhere else
And there it is. Speculate away.

tennis08tarheels

Post by tennis08tarheels » Tue May 15, 2018 7:01 pm

I believe a certain Wizard referenced Sorrowful Beyonce a couple months ago. I take that as it being at least a realistic possibility.

BDL

Post by BDL » Tue May 15, 2018 7:02 pm

Don't get too excited, there are strong rumors/signals that he will be going to Louisville.

RichmondCat

Post by RichmondCat » Tue May 15, 2018 7:07 pm

BDL wrote:Don't get too excited, there are strong rumors/signals that he will be going to Louisville.
Since Xavier was in on Bey, this would make a lot of sense.

DCA06

Post by DCA06 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:20 pm

I think Georgetown also really liked him. could see them re-engaging. Problem with top 6 is some of those teams moved on. agree l'ville makes sense too.

Wildcat16

Post by Wildcat16 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:35 pm

RichmondCat wrote:
BDL wrote:Don't get too excited, there are strong rumors/signals that he will be going to Louisville.
Based on the ACC intra-conference transfer rule, he’d have to sit and lose a year of elibigility if he were to choose Louisville.

RichmondCat

Post by RichmondCat » Tue May 15, 2018 8:50 pm

Wildcat16 wrote:
RichmondCat wrote:
Based on the ACC intra-conference transfer rule, he’d have to sit and lose a year of elibigility if he were to choose Louisville.
Not sure that would apply in this scenario as he is going to be released from his LOI. This would not be a transfer.

BDL

Post by BDL » Tue May 15, 2018 8:51 pm

RichmondCat wrote:
Wildcat16 wrote:
RichmondCat wrote:
Not sure that would apply in this scenario as he is going to be released from his LOI. This would not be a transfer.
RichmondCat is right; that rule has no bearing on his situation.

Wildcat16

Post by Wildcat16 » Tue May 15, 2018 9:10 pm

Section VI-3. Intra-Conference National Letter of Intent Rule

An individual who signs a valid National Letter of Intent with an ACC institution and does not satisfy the one-year attendance requirement or the Junior College Graduation provision of the National Letter of Intent may not represent another ACC institution in intercollegiate athletics competition until the individual has completed one (1) full academic years of residence at the latter ACC institution and shall be charged with the loss of one (1) season of eligibility in all sports. An individual receiving a mutual release per Item 5 of the National Letter of Intent may not represent another ACC institution in intercollegiate athletics competition until the individual has completed one full academic year at the latter ACC institution and shall be charged with the loss of one season of eligibility in all sports. Waivers of the ACC rule must demonstrate objective evidence that proves the student-athlete’s extraordinary personal hardship merits a waiver of the normal application of the policy.

RichmondCat

Post by RichmondCat » Tue May 15, 2018 9:14 pm

Wildcat16 wrote:Section VI-3. Intra-Conference National Letter of Intent Rule

An individual who signs a valid National Letter of Intent with an ACC institution and does not satisfy the one-year attendance requirement or the Junior College Graduation provision of the National Letter of Intent may not represent another ACC institution in intercollegiate athletics competition until the individual has completed one (1) full academic years of residence at the latter ACC institution and shall be charged with the loss of one (1) season of eligibility in all sports. An individual receiving a mutual release per Item 5 of the National Letter of Intent may not represent another ACC institution in intercollegiate athletics competition until the individual has completed one full academic year at the latter ACC institution and shall be charged with the loss of one season of eligibility in all sports. Waivers of the ACC rule must demonstrate objective evidence that proves the student-athlete’s extraordinary personal hardship merits a waiver of the normal application of the policy.
Then again...

Still, a release possibly different from not satisfying.