Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

2018 A10 Champions!
rbarney

Trump comunity

Post by rbarney » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:44 am

What is a "Trump community", and what does that have to do with LDS?

Waitress

Post by Waitress » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:56 am

I recommend a different forum other than the Kool Aid thread for political/religious tangents. Thanks.
Conor Bree

~Tip well.

raptorcat

Post by raptorcat » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:11 pm

Waitress wrote:I recommend a different forum other than the Kool Aid thread for political/religious tangents. Thanks.
Yes. The last time I made a Trump reference in a post, I got "moderated."
“Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.”
"I can't be worrying about that sh*t. Life goes on, man."
- Jeff Bridges as The Dude in "The Big Lebowski"

raptorcat

Post by raptorcat » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:14 pm

i77cat wrote:
CatsUpNorth wrote:
i77cat wrote:Jared Stutzman?

His father's twitter and his AAU team twitter say that Davidson is in the mix. Jared finished high school in 2014, was committed to San Francisco, has been released, and has just returned from his 2-yr LDS mission. He has four years left to play ball. Dad's twitter: https://twitter.com/brianjstutzman

"Exum Elite ‏@UtahProspects Apr 11
6'5" Jared Stutzman has returned from mission and is a wanted shooter! Utah, Utah State, UVU, SUU, Santa Clara, Davidson, Oregon in the mix."

High school highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD-40Pol8LU
A lot of stuff out there saying he left for religious reasons and wants a school with stronger LDS presence.
True. But he's still interested in Davidson, Davidson is interested in him, and he'd be great in our system.
I suspect he would be happy with a school where the students and the team would be composed of fine, upstanding citizens who have a tolerance for religions/denominations of all types.

citycat

Post by citycat » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:30 pm

When Jared committed to USF in 2014, Rex Walters was their coach. He was let go after this season.

USF will be rebuilding and the new coach may not have the same level of commitment to Jared that Walters had. Coaching changes often lead to players decommitting. De'Mon Brooks is a well known example.

captneff26

Post by captneff26 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:45 pm

If we get him, we will have played an excellent trump card...

raptorcat

Post by raptorcat » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:56 pm

Well played, indeed, Cap'n, but the wizards have foretold, alas, that we will not get Jared.

DO NOT ASK how I know these things. I am merely the vessel carrying such prophesies to the mortals who scrutinize this board for crumbs of knowledge.

Steve Rodgers

Post by Steve Rodgers » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:11 pm

raptorcat wrote:Well played, indeed, Cap'n, but the wizards have foretold, alas, that we will not get Jared.

DO NOT ASK how I know these things. I am merely the vessel carrying such prophesies to the mortals who scrutinize this board for crumbs of knowledge.
I have reason to believe they own 2 of these. There can be no other explanation.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:11 pm

I was happy when I saw that Stutzman's dad tweeted about the interest in Davidson. Then I was sad when several folks sent me word that he's staying on the west coast. He'd have been a fine Wildcat. We'll land one at least as good.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

BDF

Post by BDF » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:25 pm

Having not seen the original references, there is a certain humor in stumbling across a moderation note such as this. Don't tell me if all three offensive remarks weren't made in the same sentence.

stevelee wrote:Offensive reference to a golf course development, cub scouts, and the Utah primary removed.
Bob in the huddle during timeout: "Don't listen to BDL!"
Matt: "Coach, that's BDF."
Bob: "What?! There's two of them!?"

TOK

Post by TOK » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:37 pm

I've been traveling a lot lately, so I haven't been tracking this thread as much as usual.

So we have the kid from Iceland coming in for the 2016-2017 school year as a freshman and still have two scholarships open, right?

For the 2017-2018 season we have one guard who says he has committed and we have two scholarship players who will graduate at the end of the 2016-2017 school year, right?

Any one have odds on whether the Cats will sign another player who will be on campus this fall?

collegecoach8502

Post by collegecoach8502 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:41 pm

TOK wrote:I've been traveling a lot lately, so I haven't been tracking this thread as much as usual.

So we have the kid from Iceland coming in for the 2016-2017 school year as a freshman and still have two scholarships open, right?

For the 2017-2018 season we have one guard who says he has committed and we have two scholarship players who will graduate at the end of the 2016-2017 school year, right?

Any one have odds on whether the Cats will sign another player who will be on campus this fall?
4-1
"He is a 6-foot-3, sweet smiling, fun loving boogeyman who will decimate entire teams, then sign autographs and take pictures with his fallen foes' children.

He is a question with no answers."

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:18 pm

BDF wrote:Having not seen the original references, there is a certain humor in stumbling across a moderation note such as this. Don't tell me if all three offensive remarks weren't made in the same sentence.

stevelee wrote:Offensive reference to a golf course development, cub scouts, and the Utah primary removed.
I don't remember exactly what stevelee wrote, but I believe that he edited it himself. I believe that he had referred to a golf course near Davidson that a presidential hopeful funded and made some comment about that candidate's popularity in Utah. As mention of any of the presidential candidates gets folk riled up, I appreciate stevelee's discretion.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:33 pm

The original post referred to a possible recruit whose dad tweeted interest in Davidson as well as numerous tweets for a candidate not normally popular with LDS folks. I made reference to local manifestations that might make the family more at home in both regards. In deleting my post, I answered the question that was asked in reference to it. The edit line shows that I was the deleter. The edit was a bit more clever than the original weak attempt at humor. My main interest however was to cause less grief for waitress as well as the moderators rather than raising questions of my being censored.

Now I'm having to resist making a post that would begin, "A Mormon, a Cub Scout, and a presidential candidate walk into a bar."
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:38 pm

https://twitter.com/RobHoweHN/status/720684235112120320:
@RobHoweHN wrote:As of now, schools #Hawkeyes transfer Andrew Fleming is considering are Davidson, FL Gulf Coast, Chattanooga & Western Kentucky.