Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

2018 A10 Champions!
Wildcat92

Post by Wildcat92 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:00 pm

What recruiting?
"When Davidson’s offense is clicking, the reads upon reads of its motion offense unfold like some masterful concerto." - SLAM Magazine. 10/27/15

raptorcat

Post by raptorcat » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:40 pm

Be patient, 92.
“Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.”
"I can't be worrying about that sh*t. Life goes on, man."
- Jeff Bridges as The Dude in "The Big Lebowski"

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:55 pm

Wildcat92 wrote:What recruiting?
"You can act like a man!"

kevin mcmahon

Post by kevin mcmahon » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:41 pm

We lose 3 we are adding at least 4. You lost me.
"Microphones are for Navy guys"... Ranger H.

stan

Post by stan » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:19 pm

kevin mcmahon wrote:

You are using numbers. I suspect he'd like names. As in names on letters of intent or announcements in the news media confirmed by our coaches. Just guessing.
"Then they started making 3s. A lot of 3s. We're talking more 3s than a bad dating site."

kevin mcmahon

Post by kevin mcmahon » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:15 am

My count was off. I didn't realize we have two unused for next year. (If we choose to use them)
"Microphones are for Navy guys"... Ranger H.

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:59 am

All shall be revealed on or before April 14th.

JoMo

Post by JoMo » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:18 am

stan wrote:
kevin mcmahon wrote:

You are using numbers. I suspect he'd like names. As in names on letters of intent or announcements in the news media confirmed by our coaches. Just guessing.
I interpret the 4 "adds" as Bill McGarrity, Dusan Kovacevic, KiShawn Pritchard and JAG, but I could be wrong in that interpretation. The first three were all using scholarships in the 2015-2016 season. So if the only truly new player that we are adding is JAG, then we will have three scholarships to give.
We have 13 total and as it stands right now we will have only 10 in use next season:
Jack
Cave
Rusty
Nathan
Jordan
Oskar
Peyton
Dusan
KiShawn
JAG

In previous years, our coaching staff has allowed one slot to go "fallow", but I would expect us to have two more scholarships in use next season whether that comes in the form of transfers or recruited freshman.
TCC - trust, commitment, care

Acorn

Post by Acorn » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:31 am

JoMo wrote:
stan wrote:
kevin mcmahon wrote:

I interpret the 4 "adds" as Bill McGarrity, Dusan Kovacevic, KiShawn Pritchard and JAG, but I could be wrong in that interpretation. The first three were all using scholarships in the 2015-2016 season. So if the only truly new player that we are adding is JAG, then we will have three scholarships to give.
We have 13 total and as it stands right now we will have only 10 in use next season:
Jack
Cave
Rusty
Nathan
Jordan
Oskar
Peyton
Dusan
KiShawn
JAG

In previous years, our coaching staff has allowed one slot to go "fallow", but I would expect us to have two more scholarships in use next season whether that comes in the form of transfers or recruited freshman.
You left off Magarity. So 11 accounted for and 2 remaining (assuming everyone on the list and no one else has a scholarship).

Dan the Tuba Man'15

Post by Dan the Tuba Man'15 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:40 am

Acorn wrote:
JoMo wrote:
stan wrote:
kevin mcmahon wrote:

Jack
Cave
Rusty
Nathan
Jordan
Oskar
Peyton
Dusan
KiShawn
JAG

You left off Magarity. So 11 accounted for and 2 remaining (assuming everyone on the list and no one else has a scholarship).
Don't we often give scholarships to seniors who were walk ons all 4 years?

In that case Manu Giamoukis would have a scholarship next year as he will be a senior.

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:29 am

I don't think "often." I know of one time (for two players, as I recall), when the scholarships were going to sit unused otherwise, and the guys had some significant amount of playing time. But I didn't keep up with such things that closely before 2009 to know about longer term history.

Which brings to mind a sort of related question. I know we currently have players whose dads also were on the team, and in one instance a brother, obviously also second generation. And Jip, who graduated a couple of years ago, was a third-generation Davidson baseball player, wasn't he? Have we had other multi-generation players that you can think of? (And maybe we shouldn't clutter up this thread with that, but we need something to occupy us for a couple of weeks, which will probably be a quiet period for news.)
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

collegecoach8502

Post by collegecoach8502 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:08 am

Acorn wrote:
JoMo wrote:
stan wrote:
kevin mcmahon wrote:

Jack
Cave
Rusty
Nathan
Jordan
Oskar
Peyton
Dusan
KiShawn
JAG

We expected to recruit 2 (for two of the available scholarships this year). Jake ending his career opened the 3rd scholarship late. I expect that we will have one more recruit and probably give the remaining one to a walk-on for his senior year.
"He is a 6-foot-3, sweet smiling, fun loving boogeyman who will decimate entire teams, then sign autographs and take pictures with his fallen foes' children.

He is a question with no answers."

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:10 am

Having a scholarship open gives us more flexibility on the transfer market, no?

catborn'bred

Post by catborn'bred » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:21 am

I genuinely hope that we have deserving recruits for all three available scholarships. We really need quality and depth at the 2 and 3 positions, and I believe that we need to recruit a 1 in this class as well.

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:16 pm

collegecoach8502 wrote:
Acorn wrote:
JoMo wrote:
stan wrote:
kevin mcmahon wrote:

Jack
Cave
Rusty
Nathan
Jordan
Oskar
Peyton
Dusan
KiShawn
JAG

We expected to recruit 2 (for two of the available scholarships this year). Jake ending his career opened the 3rd scholarship late. I expect that we will have one more recruit and probably give the remaining one to a walk-on for his senior year.
I agree with this thought as well.