No limit on stupid

2018 A10 Champions!
cat44

Re: URI

Post by cat44 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:20 am

rbarney wrote:It must be nice to recruit at a school that doesn't need to reflect too closely on the character of its recruits.
Or the behavior of it's coach(es).

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:34 am

Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

cat44

Post by cat44 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:03 pm

Jeff Goodman reporting that 3 UCLA freshmen accused of shoplifting in China. Including one of the Ball boys. There goes his shooting touch!

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:17 pm

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... hoplifting

Do not do crimes while in a foreign country. Dumbasses.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

slowcat95

Post by slowcat95 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:21 am

i77cat wrote:http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... hoplifting

Without a doubt, stupid.
But also stupid, perhaps, is taking ~30 student-athletes to China in the middle of the semester, right before their season starts. I mean, how many classes are they allowed to miss and still remain eligible?
she/hers

nalotze

Post by nalotze » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:53 am

slowcat95 wrote:

Without a doubt, stupid.
But also stupid, perhaps, is taking ~30 student-athletes to China in the middle of the semester, right before their season starts. I mean, how many classes are they allowed to miss and still remain eligible?
It's study abroad. The trip is part of their requirements for Swahili.

collegecoach8502

Post by collegecoach8502 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:27 am

slowcat95 wrote:

Without a doubt, stupid.
Almost all of these programs have an academic person who travels with the team that administers tests, homework, assignments and makes sure that they are watching the video taped classes that they are missing. Most programs have more than one person on staff.
"He is a 6-foot-3, sweet smiling, fun loving boogeyman who will decimate entire teams, then sign autographs and take pictures with his fallen foes' children.

He is a question with no answers."

seamac77

Post by seamac77 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:43 am

collegecoach8502 wrote:
slowcat95 wrote:

Without a doubt, stupid.
Almost all of these programs have an academic person who travels with the team that administers tests, homework, assignments and makes sure that they are watching the video taped classes that they are missing. Most programs have more than one person on staff.
Required reading now needs to include Goofus and Gallant comic strips.

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:13 am

slowcat95 wrote:

Without a doubt, stupid.
They need not only a teacher, but a babysitter/bodyguard. Maybe Duane Johnson is available?

Meanwhile, the Ball family is there as well, filming for their reality show. How long before Coach Alford decides to distance himself from Dad and the kids? Or do these brothers provide such a high-priced meal ticket for the program, that the attendant side-show is worth it?

Of course, if LiAngelo is detained for months in China, awaiting criminal processing, there may grow some distance between the family and the program. Probably not going to happen, though LaVar may need to put up his Big Baller Brand as surety for the Chinese authorities.

DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:44 am

There have been a number of incredibly stupid behaviors reported in this thread, but I think this may have lowered the bar to a level that will be hard to go under.
"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''

Dr. Bliss

Post by Dr. Bliss » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:51 am

DC69Wildcat wrote:There have been a number of incredibly stupid behaviors reported in this thread, but I think this may have lowered the bar to a level that will be hard to go under.
I guess those players now have some baggage, so to speak.
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx

MLC67

Post by MLC67 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:09 am

Not so stupid in that they didn't drag the Constable into the nearest public toilet and have their assigned tutor beat the arrest out of this Officer of the Law :shock: :? 8-)
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for men of good will to do nothing. Eddie Burke

Esse Quam Videri

citycat

Post by citycat » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:35 am

Lavar Ball might be scouting factories to manufacture his #1 son's basketball shoes.

Maybe son #2 can work in the factory to complete his sentence.

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:40 am

citycat wrote:Lavar Ball might be scouting factories to manufacture his #1 son's basketball shoes.

Keye Luke is #1 son.

Steve Rodgers

Post by Steve Rodgers » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:52 am

wildforthecats wrote:
citycat wrote:Lavar Ball might be scouting factories to manufacture his #1 son's basketball shoes.

Keye Luke is #1 son.
Wow, that is obscure. I like it though.