No limit on stupid

2018 A10 Champions!
Dr. Bliss

Post by Dr. Bliss » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:17 am

MLC67 wrote:Air-B50: Of course, I was trolling for humor, as is my want. I too seek every opportunity to protect and preserve the individual rights uniquely bestowed on Americans by our own Bill of Rights.

By pointing out the egregious error published by WIKI, I simply acknowledged that they had an absolute right to do so without fear of retribution, punishment or censure - the only adverse consequence being my sarcastic condemnation of their stupidity.
Wont.
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx

MLC67

Post by MLC67 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:45 am

Ignorance is definitely Bliss, spelling proficiency not so much. Thanks Kind Sir for the heads up, just want it to have occurred in a different thread.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for men of good will to do nothing. Eddie Burke

Esse Quam Videri

seamac77

Post by seamac77 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:43 am

MakeIt-TakeIt Cat

Post by MakeIt-TakeIt Cat » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:08 pm

seamac77 wrote:Arthur blanked out on this one...

http://www.totalprosports.com/2017/08/1 ... on-sunday/
Not really. There are around 25 scheduled events so far and 15 will not be on Sunday. These include the Chick-fil-A Kick Off with Alabama vs. Florida St and the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl. Arthur Blank and Truett Cathy were close friends brought together by their philanthropy and both have been strongly committed to development of poor areas in west Atlanta. Dan Cathy has continued his father's role. I can't imagine Arthur Blank not having a Chick-fil-A in his stadium.

http://www.ticketnetwork.com/v/23839/me ... EC-47-GOO-[Mercedes-Benz+Stadium]-[204377956783]-S-[%2BMercedes+Benz+%2BStadium+%2Bschedule+-+b]&xts=561471&gclid=CKOh8_uN3NUCFUm2wAod8x4Dkw&gclsrc=aw.ds
"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

slowcat95

Post by slowcat95 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:10 pm

seamac77 wrote:Arthur blanked out on this one...

http://www.totalprosports.com/2017/08/1 ... on-sunday/
That's funny right there.
she/hers

MakeIt-TakeIt Cat

Post by MakeIt-TakeIt Cat » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:01 am

ESPN decided to pull an Asian-American announcer from calling a University of Virginia football game because his name is Robert Lee.

More evidence that liberalism really is a mental disorder.
"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." Galileo

MLC67

Post by MLC67 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:15 am

Name calling, or dropping even, uncalled for here, unless Mr. Lee's middle name is Excellent.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for men of good will to do nothing. Eddie Burke

Esse Quam Videri

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:00 am

On our tour this spring of Britain this spring, our guide was Irish. One day in Scotland he explained to us the difference between Scotch, Irish Whiskey, and "that paint stripper" from the states. He noted that that the Scots spell it "whisky" and said the "e" was for "excellence."

A few days later at the Old Bushmills tour, I chose the 12-year old stuff for my sample and thought maybe he had a point.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

Mephisto

Post by Mephisto » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:02 am

MakeIt-TakeIt Cat wrote:ESPN decided to pull an Asian-American announcer from calling a University of Virginia football game because his name is Robert Lee.

Strikes me that the ridiculous decision by ESPN was less evidence of misguided "liberalism" than of a feckless and comic corporate effort at brand protection.

And count me happily among the "disordered."

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:07 am

MakeIt-TakeIt Cat wrote:ESPN decided to pull an Asian-American announcer from calling a University of Virginia football game because his name is Robert Lee.

Don't see what liberalism had to do with it, but I am glad to see that they are employing one of my Asian cousins.
“This wasn’t about offending anyone. It was about the reasonable possibility that because of his name he would be subjected to memes and jokes and who knows what else,” wrote the unnamed executive, who claimed the negative coverage of ESPN’s decision is “reasonable proof that the meme/joke possibility was real.”
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:11 am

From Twitter:

"Someone tell me there was a Confederate General named Skip Bayless and I'll get behind ESPN 100%"
"... coming out of the murky, dreary jungle of untutored mediocrity."

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:11 am

stevelee wrote:

Don't see what liberalism had to do with it, but I am glad to see that they are employing one of my Asian cousins.
“This wasn’t about offending anyone. It was about the reasonable possibility that because of his name he would be subjected to memes and jokes and who knows what else,” wrote the unnamed executive, who claimed the negative coverage of ESPN’s decision is “reasonable proof that the meme/joke possibility was real.”
Call him Bob Lee for the UVA game.

MakeIt-TakeIt Cat

Post by MakeIt-TakeIt Cat » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:29 am

Blinded to the obvious liberal bias and PC culture at ESPN?

I wish for all my liberal friends to have a full recovery ... :lol:

MLC67

Post by MLC67 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:30 am

Of course, there is nothing in the classical definition of "liberal" which approves banning a good, decent and wholly competent professional from his employment, thereby tarnishing his reputation because antifa thugs will be offended by his sharing part of his name with another person, now dead for more than 125 years.

Respect for individual rights and opposition to tyrannical edits discriminating against people due to their innate personal characteristics used to be the hallmarks of progressive liberals.

Esse Quam Videri

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:42 am

ChantillyCat wrote:From Twitter:

"Someone tell me there was a Confederate General named Skip Bayless and I'll get behind ESPN 100%"
:lol: