No limit on stupid

2018 A10 Champions!
Derek Smith

Post by Derek Smith » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:31 pm

Go Froggers!
Sit vis nobiscum

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:39 pm

Kyle McGuire ‏@KMcGuire06 5h @erinmuffoletto @cbairstow41 @kingkirk53 @usabasketball no...McKillop took down Kirk! Cam took down the rest of the team #KillaCam #FreeKirk Retweeted by Alex Kirk Collapse  Reply  Retweet  Favorite   More 3 RETWEETS 1 FAVORITE 11:33 AM - 11 Jul 13 · Details Rich Baca ‏@RichBaca1 4h @KMcGuire06 @kingkirk53 @erinmuffoletto @cbairstow41 @usabasketball Erin is a huge Lobo fan and a huge Kirk fan. She didn't mean it that way Expand Kyle McGuire ‏@KMcGuire06 4h @RichBaca1 @erinmuffoletto didn't take it that way. Was just replying in fun.  Seriously, how do you not play Kirk a single minute??? Expand Rich Baca ‏@RichBaca1 4h @KMcGuire06 @erinmuffoletto Ridiculous man! I bet he will now though! Very exciting to think about next season W @kingkirk53 & @cbairstow41 Expand Erin Muffoletto ‏@erinmuffoletto 4h @RichBaca1 @KMcGuire06 @kingkirk53 is the tallest player and has great game... Crazy! #FreeKirk from Espanola, NM
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:46 am

Hate it. I like watching Marshall Henderson play the game.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... -drugs-may
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

MikeMaloy15

Post by MikeMaloy15 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:56 am

Hadn't paid close enough attention to know that Ole Miss is his 5th school.

The conclusion I draw from my small sample size observing this guy is that his 15 minutes of fame as a rasslin' villain are just about up.

Too bad, because it probably takes a boatload of talent for 4 additional schools to give you a shot after the first failure. Seems like a waste.

It's a reminder of the many things we take for granted as Davidson fans. Our disappointments are limited to things that happen on the court, and even there we enjoy the luxury of high expectations.

Mephisto

Marshall henderson

Post by Mephisto » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:17 am

It's an interesting case. At what point do you throw in the towel and give up on a guy? Think Honey Badger. As i stated yesterday, i don't think he will play this year, but the issue now is how he deals with a substance problem. Without some rehab, I don't think he has a future. His substance problem has now gottien everyone's attention and alarm bells have gone off. He will deal with it now and possibly save a career or deal with it later, with all the life costs that such delay entails. Chris Herren, John Lucas, and other serious men have reached out or are available to help him through. It's about more than one more season at Ole Miss.
Ole Miss got into this with its eyes wide open; the due diligence was done; Henderson is well -liked and -intentioned. They thought they could help him and in turn he makes a large contribution on the court; but he couldn't help himself. The Chancellor at Ole Miss is an accomplished medical doctor who was head of the med school before assuming his current position; he understands what will have to be done, for Henderson and the University; no more options for Henderson. My guess will be rehab or the suspension becomes permanant. The latter will be too bad because he is evermore fun to watch on the court.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:07 am

He reminds me of Jayson Williams, the former Marshall guard. That guy had lots of early trouble with recreational pharmaceuticals. There was such a difference in how he played in the first half and the second half on 2/24/96 that I've always wondered if he burned one at halftime. But he had a long, successful career in the NBA. I hope Henderson finds similar success.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Will ... born_1975)

Waitress

Post by Waitress » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:22 pm

I don't know how serious his reported substance abuse issues may be; I haven't read too much, and I've never met the guy.

There are "interventions" short of rehab that may be of help. "Least restrictive" is the guiding principal in MI-SA treatment.
Conor Bree

~Tip well.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:06 pm

I don't know him. But I know that his issues are severe enough that he's already been a guest of the State for violating his probation. That's bad. That's like graveline losing a job because of his addiction to the previous Davidson basketball message board.

citycat

Post by citycat » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:27 pm

Something new and foreboding leaks out in this situation every day. Mr. Thomas has several pending felony charges. He has court on 4 charges in Durham Monday morning.

www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/07/12/41 ... tched.html

PJ was probably in summer school when the 2nd arrest and the trip to Atlanta took place. UNC has had previous ugly consequences from athletes taking summer trips, Marvin Austin's trip to Miami, e.g., and should keep up their athletes' summer vacations.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:27 am

kevin mcmahon

Post by kevin mcmahon » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:44 am

I'm all Sammy Davis jr. in terms of "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time" thing but most of these guys are young enough that they still have a chance to straighten themselves out. They need to lose their privilege before they become the next Hernandez. They get breaks because they can play ball. They need to take responsibility for their acts (if they apply) and some will succeed and others (probably most) will continue their downward spiral. Just remember how fortunate Davidson is to have the types of kids we have but also remember how different the starting points and the paths to their present location have been for the other guys. Holy Crap, I'm a liberal.
Last edited by kevin mcmahon on Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Microphones are for Navy guys"... Ranger H.

Waitress

Post by Waitress » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:24 pm

kevin mcmahon wrote:Holy Crap, I'm a liberal.
Welcome, friend! :D
Conor Bree

~Tip well.

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:08 pm

Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

Muskie24

Post by Muskie24 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:20 am

dorp

Post by dorp » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:35 am

Muskie24 wrote:http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/94835 ... na-outline

Nike gets into the act.
What state do the Charlotte Knights shirts have on them?