Re: No limit on stupid

Post by MrMac » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:35 pm

Oh my!

dorp

Re:

Post by dorp » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:02 pm

MadelastCut wrote:
Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:07 pm
Ok; Harvard does have something worthwhile to teach the country - defeat of Lobos demonstrated the worth of the Alfred, now at UCLA, and winless in the Pac 12. Go Bruins right to the basement.
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... art-season

MLC67

Post by MLC67 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:14 pm

OK, I give up - who and why has access to my posts from many years ago? The one above must be before one if not two bannings - possibly retrieved from the HOF vault? :twisted: 8-) :roll:
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for men of good will to do nothing. Eddie Burke

Esse Quam Videri

citycat

Post by citycat » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:21 pm

VPI is playing in the Military Madness Bowl in Annapolis versus Cincinnati. A Hokie WR, Tre Turner, made a great catch and was targeted.

His name sounded familiar. He's a freshman from Northwest High School in Guilford County. His brother is PJ Hairston, former Tar Heel/Hornet, rental car aficionado, and aspiring member of the NASCAR Diversity Program.

A great thing about having an older brother like PJ is that your family can spend the night before the bowl game in Greensboro, leave at 8:00 AM, and still be in Annapolis in time for the Noon kickoff.

MLC67

Post by MLC67 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:35 am

OK call me stupid, but in reading about the DU women losing to NC State last week, I learned that the ladies now play four quarters and not two halves. When did that change occur and why was I not properly informed? Does this switch to quarters preview an identical change for the men's game as well?
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for men of good will to do nothing. Eddie Burke

Esse Quam Videri

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:45 am

MLC67 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:35 am
OK call me stupid, but in reading about the DU women losing to NC State last week, I learned that the ladies now play four quarters and not two halves. When did that change occur and why was I not properly informed? Does this switch to quarters preview an identical change for the men's game as well?
Men’s college is the only folks that still play halves.

BDF

Post by BDF » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:02 pm

MLC67 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:35 am
This is the third or fourth season of quarters in the women's game. They also go directly to a two shot penalty after 5 fouls each quarter. No one and one.
Bob in the huddle during timeout: "Don't listen to BDL!"
Matt: "Coach, that's BDF."
Bob: "What?! There's two of them!?"

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:19 pm

All basketball is played in quarters. As far as I know, US men's college basketball is the only game played in halves. Get used to it. The men's college game will be moving to quarters soon. I hope we'll keep the 1 and 1 in some fashion.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

Dr. Bliss

Post by Dr. Bliss » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:03 pm

i77cat wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:19 pm
All basketball is played in quarters. As far as I know, US men's college basketball is the only game played in halves. Get used to it. The men's college game will be moving to quarters soon. I hope we'll keep the 1 and 1 in some fashion.
Agree, like the one and one.
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx

HowYouDurinCats

Post by HowYouDurinCats » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:45 pm

At football champion Clemson’s celebratory visit to the White House, the meal with President Trump consisted of: McDonald’s, Wendy’s, Burger King, and Domino’s Pizza, all on fancy White House trays.

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:28 pm

HowYouDurinCats wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:45 pm
At football champion Clemson’s celebratory visit to the White House, the meal with President Trump consisted of: McDonald’s, Wendy’s, Burger King, and Domino’s Pizza, all on fancy White House trays.
Government shutdown was the stated reason, but I'm betting that the President's family is not eating fast food.

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:36 pm

MrMac wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:28 pm
HowYouDurinCats wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:45 pm
Government shutdown was the stated reason, but I'm betting that the President's family is not eating fast food.
:P

collegecoach8502

Post by collegecoach8502 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:44 pm

I’m not sure politics is always best served on a message board… However, Trump is a fan of fast food much to his detriment. The Clemson coaching staff was asked about the menu and they signed off on it… Also the guys when they saw the food we’re excited for the arrangement of fast food. Lastly, because of the government shut down trump paid this out of his own pocket.

Not an apologist for Trump, but the media jumped all over him for having this assortment of food for the Clemson team and were in the process of beating him up online and in social media, before they realized that all of this was something the Clemson football team wanted and enjoyed.
"He is a 6-foot-3, sweet smiling, fun loving boogeyman who will decimate entire teams, then sign autographs and take pictures with his fallen foes' children.

He is a question with no answers."

Steve Rodgers

Post by Steve Rodgers » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:12 pm

Found this on the Oho State board in a discussion of the Missouri NCAA sanctions versus the UNC non sanctions:

I attended Carolina from '86-'90. Played football under Dick Crum and Mack Brown. To say the classes in question, mainly
"Af-Am 41 et al., were open to all students isn't quite true.

The way we registered for classes back then was through a card system. Each department had tables set up in the Carmichael Arena gym. To register for a class, you'd wait in line at the appropriate table and get a card / ticket entitling you to register for the class. When you had all your cards, you would turn them in at the final registration table as your class schedule. Seems fair.

What would happen, however, is that the athletic department academic advisors would get the cards for the bogus classes and distribute them to athletes before others. I assume the leftover tickets went to non-athletes.

Those of us who took real courses would use these same academic advisors / ticket brokers to get into high-demand courses. This had some legitimacy in that we had to get our classes scheduled early enough in the day so that we could get to practice. Our advisors / brokers had those coveted cards or could get them for us. Obviously, the system was abused for the bogus courses."

nalotze

Post by nalotze » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:52 am

From http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... attendance

"[Lebron] texted me today that he might be here," Krzyzewski said after the game. "So he and I are really good friends. And he helped me look good in Beijing and in London. So he's welcome to come around any time. But it was cool he was here."

1. Texting = We're really good friends.
2. Said friends exist to make him look good.
3. Invitation to come over.
4. Use of the word cool.

It's official: Krzyzewski is the first 71-year-old teenybopper in history.