No limit on stupid

2018 A10 Champions!
Dr. Bliss

Post by Dr. Bliss » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:58 am

i77cat wrote:We have some interesting holiday tournaments. Today you could watch Eastern Illinois play UNCW and then see Gardner Webb play Arkansas State if you went to Asheville, NC. The event is called the visitcurrituckobx.com Battle in the Blue Ridge. And I'm not making any of that up.
Dang, I live right in the area and didn't even know about it.
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:03 pm

Nothing says Outer Banks like the mountains? Come to the mountains for the oysters, stay for the basketball? They could have some great slogans.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:58 pm

On my trip to Colorado a couple years ago I made a point of not ordering oysters, just in case.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

raptorcat

Post by raptorcat » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:49 pm

stevelee wrote:On my trip to Colorado a couple years ago I made a point of not ordering oysters, just in case.
Order the sheep variety. Avoid the porcine or bovine variety.
“Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.”
"I can't be worrying about that sh*t. Life goes on, man."
- Jeff Bridges as The Dude in "The Big Lebowski"

slowcat95

Post by slowcat95 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:23 pm

I recently learned that Western Carolina has a Program for the Study of Developed Shorelines.
I'm seriously concerned about climate change, but I had no idea Asheville & Cullowhee would be thinking this far ahead.
she/hers

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:47 pm

slowcat95 wrote:I recently learned that Western Carolina has a Program for the Study of Developed Shorelines.
I'm seriously concerned about climate change, but I had no idea Asheville & Cullowhee would be thinking this far ahead.
When SMU joined the Big East, as it was still called then, and Pittsburg wound up on the Atlantic Coast in an eponymous conference, I decided that climate change was worse than I had thought.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

nalotze

Post by nalotze » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:45 am

slowcat95 wrote:I recently learned that Western Carolina has a Program for the Study of Developed Shorelines.
Lol

stan

Post by stan » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:58 pm

follow the money. A grant to study groundhog mating is tough to get. But a grant to study how global warming will impact groundhog mating is a relative "sudden propelling of the ball down through the hoop."
"Then they started making 3s. A lot of 3s. We're talking more 3s than a bad dating site."

stan

Post by stan » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:02 pm

i77cat wrote:Nothing says Outer Banks like the mountains? Come to the mountains for the oysters, stay for the basketball? They could have some great slogans.

Speaking of oysters and mountains, have I related the story Danny Ford told me at a cocktail party one evening the week of the Fla Citrus Bowl before they played Okla? About his motivational stunt and speech as an asst at Clemson before they played Georgia?

[Don't let me repeat myself.]
"Then they started making 3s. A lot of 3s. We're talking more 3s than a bad dating site."

slowcat95

Post by slowcat95 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:06 am

stan wrote:
follow the money. A grant to study groundhog mating is tough to get. But a grant to study how global warming will impact groundhog mating is a relative "sudden propelling of the ball down through the hoop."
It's more straightforward in this case. The person who started the center in Cullowhee brought the research with them from Duke. It's still amusing though.
she/hers

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:27 am

stan wrote:
i77cat wrote:Nothing says Outer Banks like the mountains? Come to the mountains for the oysters, stay for the basketball? They could have some great slogans.

Speaking of oysters and mountains, have I related the story Danny Ford told me at a cocktail party one evening the week of the Fla Citrus Bowl before they played Okla? About his motivational stunt and speech as an asst at Clemson before they played Georgia?

[Don't let me repeat myself.]
Have heard the story, but many may not have heard it...and it would be interesting, in any case, to relate the particulars that Coach Ford shared with you, Stan....

nalotze

Post by nalotze » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:50 am

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2540 ... ckson-fake

Best quote:

"People get maturity confused with me being 100 percent comfortable in my own skin," Mayfield said. "So that's absolutely how I am. I've always been that way. It's not immature. It's me being exactly who I am ..."

Isn't "always having been that way" the definition of immature?

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:11 am

Ah, the old "I'm not being a jerk when I'm being a jerk because I'm just being who I am" argument.
"... coming out of the murky, dreary jungle of untutored mediocrity."

TOK

Post by TOK » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:13 am

raptorcat wrote:
stevelee wrote:On my trip to Colorado a couple years ago I made a point of not ordering oysters, just in case.
Order the sheep variety. Avoid the porcine or bovine variety.
I have consumed the turkey variety. Used to be a big deal to try the fried ones at the Virginia Poultry Festival.

bvgerd

Re: No limit on stupid

Post by bvgerd » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:48 pm

This one strikes a little too close to home: http://time.com/5475553/steph-curry-moo ... cy-theory/