No limit on stupid

2018 A10 Champions!
stevelee

Post by stevelee » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:21 am

Oh, and VCU and Dayton will be perfectly fine. Davidson, too. I almost expect the Wildcats to thrive without the volume shooting of Jack Gibbs. The ball will move more, and that's how McKillop's teams thrive.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:39 pm

BaseRich and 77 representing in defense of our beloved team. Great job, GentleCats!

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:38 am

Be sure to watch the imbedded videos. Archie taught him well. He wasn't flopping. Just getting his a$$ beat. http://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/d ... JmfJvgGXL/
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

GoalCat

Post by GoalCat » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:43 am

stevelee wrote:
Oh, and VCU and Dayton will be perfectly fine. Davidson, too. I almost expect the Wildcats to thrive without the volume shooting of Jack Gibbs. The ball will move more, and that's how McKillop's teams thrive.
This comment I agree with, wholeheartedly. They'll be fine, and we'll be fine. I do think the general assertions about our defensive prowess are accurate in terms of A10-era results, but not accurate when they impugn our effort. This is an area that we will get better at, as our recruiting improves every year. If we're being fair, we've not defended well, and most posters have acknowledged that on our own board. We showed hints of improvement late last season, our new corps of perimeter players promises continued improvement, and our upcoming recruiting classes will determine whether we add frontcourt players that can seal the deal (following the graduation of Magarity, Aldridge, Ekwu, et al).

I'm optimistic.

rbarney

Defense

Post by rbarney » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:29 pm

I'm also optimistic that an increase in overall size in both forecourt and backcourt will make for better perimeter defense as well as more difficulty for penetrating guards.

seamac77

Post by seamac77 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:07 am

A bit off the current thread topic, but couldn't resist after reading this morning....

http://www.morganton.com/news/woman-arr ... 716ac.html

"A woman who made bond Thursday after being caught with methamphetamine was charged early the next morning for trafficking methamphetamine out of a motel room on Sterling Street".

MLC67

Post by MLC67 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:34 am

More glorious FAKE NEWS from the source - WIKIPEDIA - Topic Davidson Men's BB Hall of Fame BB honorees: Steph Curry '17, and he has graduated this year, too. Wonderful thing that First Amendment.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for men of good will to do nothing. Eddie Burke

Esse Quam Videri

seamac77

Post by seamac77 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:43 am

A couple of years ago I checked out a high school classmate, Billy Bryan, (Duke ' 77 all american football and Denver Broncos center) on wikipedia,. They claimed he played the role of the Stay Puff Marshmellow 'monster' on the movie Ghostbusters. I called Billy's brother (couldn't find Billy )to verify, and he said that was crap.. A couple of days later wikipedia had deleted the claim.

catnhat

Post by catnhat » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:19 am

If I recall correctly a DC poli sci professor used to assign students to go on Wiki and edit/correct/improve entries. I guess you have to learn something pretty well to explain it to others and it provided writing practice.

citycat

Post by citycat » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:43 am

Maybe Steph's issue with graduation was insufficient PE credits and his recent golf play has resolved it.

Airball50

Post by Airball50 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:36 am

MLC67 wrote:More glorious FAKE NEWS from the source - WIKIPEDIA - Topic Davidson Men's BB Hall of Fame BB honorees: Steph Curry '17, and he has graduated this year, too. Wonderful thing that First Amendment.
Not sure whether you are joking, but just in case not: There's a big difference between what in all probability was an error and the intentional creation of so-called fake news. I take the First Amendment very seriously. Its protections don't end when the media make an error, intentional or not.

Please remember the other things the First Amendment addresses:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Rudy2011

Post by Rudy2011 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:11 am

Airball50 wrote:
"Congress shall make no law... prohibiting the right of the people peaceably to assemble."
Is this the argument people who ask passionate fans to sit down employ?
Carthago delenda est

I say we drink the wine, eat the dogs, and use the papers for musket wadding.

MLC67

Post by MLC67 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:28 pm

Air-B50: Of course, I was trolling for humor, as is my want. I too seek every opportunity to protect and preserve the individual rights uniquely bestowed on Americans by our own Bill of Rights.

By pointing out the egregious error published by WIKI, I simply acknowledged that they had an absolute right to do so without fear of retribution, punishment or censure - the only adverse consequence being my sarcastic condemnation of their stupidity.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for men of good will to do nothing. Eddie Burke

Esse Quam Videri

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:45 pm

"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:04 pm

That wasn't Anfernee saying those things; it was Lil' Penny.