Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

2018 A10 Champions!
bvgerd

Re: Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

Post by bvgerd » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:05 pm

I am still trying not to get my hopes too high because theres a number of amazing basketball and academic schools on that list, but he would be a fantastic player to join the team.

RichmondCat

Post by RichmondCat » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:56 am

He definitely has a lot of good options in that list. Closest to home are Villanova and Davidson. Considering he is looking at Cal and Arizona, that may not count for much.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:06 am

I predict that he'll be a Wildcat.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

collegecoach8502

Post by collegecoach8502 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:11 am

i77cat wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:06 am
I predict that he'll be a Wildcat.
37.5% odds are decent.
"He is a 6-foot-3, sweet smiling, fun loving boogeyman who will decimate entire teams, then sign autographs and take pictures with his fallen foes' children.

He is a question with no answers."

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:23 am

Yep
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:57 am

I would still be shocked and thrilled to see Brizzi choose us, but I view it as much more of a possibility than I did 2 weeks ago. In interviews he seems really focused on a system that fits, and where they’ll “allow the guards to go,” emphasizing that he appreciates the high major offers but they are less important to him. I’m guessing along with the academics that is the appeal of Dartmouth, since I’m sure they’re telling him he will have full reign of the offense day 1. Villanova and Michigan scare me the most since they have high-powered offenses where guards can shine along with Final Four pedigree, but they might not offer the same early opportunities we do.

Hope is a dangerous thing, and I’d still be shocked. But he’s clearly a thoughtful kid, and Davidson offers a clear balance of academics, style of play and chance to make an impact. The inclusion of Dartmouth gives me hope as well, since they are so far from Villanova in every way, and we fall somewhere between them.

RichmondCat

Post by RichmondCat » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:46 am

CatsUpNorth wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:57 am
I would still be shocked and thrilled to see Brizzi choose us, but I view it as much more of a possibility than I did 2 weeks ago. In interviews he seems really focused on a system that fits, and where they’ll “allow the guards to go,” emphasizing that he appreciates the high major offers but they are less important to him. I’m guessing along with the academics that is the appeal of Dartmouth, since I’m sure they’re telling him he will have full reign of the offense day 1. Villanova and Michigan scare me the most since they have high-powered offenses where guards can shine along with Final Four pedigree, but they might not offer the same early opportunities we do.

Hope is a dangerous thing, and I’d still be shocked. But he’s clearly a thoughtful kid, and Davidson offers a clear balance of academics, style of play and chance to make an impact. The inclusion of Dartmouth gives me hope as well, since they are so far from Villanova in every way, and we fall somewhere between them.
I also included Dartmouth on my final list of college choices. However, they did not include me on theirs. Things worked out for both of us.

raptorcat

Post by raptorcat » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:04 pm

I am rarely privy to recruiting intel but I learned, after doing a bit of deductive reasoning, that our coaching staff feels we have an excellent shot at landing Brizzi and are very excited that a young man with his skill set and level of talent continues to express strong interest in our program.
“Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.”
"I can't be worrying about that sh*t. Life goes on, man."
- Jeff Bridges as The Dude in "The Big Lebowski"

Acorn

Re:

Post by Acorn » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:00 pm

CatsUpNorth wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:59 pm
https://twitter.com/BigShotsNation/stat ... 5553008640:
@BigShotsNation wrote:Davidson visiting Poca WV today to see #BigShotsElite 2017 HM shooter Luke Frampton
Heard his name before but didn't see him on the list, big-time shooter. One thing I'm noticing is how many of these recent kids we're interested are affiliated with Under Armour AAU squads.
First mention I could find. Over four years ago. Best of luck to him.

BaseRich306

Re: Re:

Post by BaseRich306 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:32 pm

Acorn wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:00 pm
CatsUpNorth wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:59 pm
https://twitter.com/BigShotsNation/stat ... 5553008640:
@BigShotsNation wrote:Davidson visiting Poca WV today to see #BigShotsElite 2017 HM shooter Luke Frampton
Heard his name before but didn't see him on the list, big-time shooter. One thing I'm noticing is how many of these recent kids we're interested are affiliated with Under Armour AAU squads.
First mention I could find. Over four years ago. Best of luck to him.
Enough to almost bring a tear to my eye. It seemed like such a perfect fit, especially knowing what we know about who Luke is on and off the court, and what he has battled in his life. Of course, life has a way of getting in the way of your best laid plans. Luke was one of the best shooters I've ever seen, and I think he could have bombed us into the Sweet 16 next year (if there is a Sweet 16 next year). What a shame that the issues couldn't be resolved.

RichmondCat

Post by RichmondCat » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:28 pm

Remarkable that Poca, so soon after Luke Frampton came through, has another great player in Isaac McKneely. Something in that Kanawha River I suppose.

RichmondCat

Post by RichmondCat » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:32 pm

Busting Brackets analyzed fit for Angelo Brizzi at each of his final 8.

https://bustingbrackets.com/2020/07/16/ ... p-8-teams/

Wildcat16

Post by Wildcat16 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:29 pm

Will Thoni needs to sit this one out. There’s plenty of other fish in the sea.

BDL

Post by BDL » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:12 am

I don't want to get excited because those other schools are all going to be really tough to beat out, but imagine a multi-year core of Lee, Mennenga, and Brizzi. Three guys all ranked in the top 150 in their recruiting class and one each at forward, wing, and guard.

CatDawg

Post by CatDawg » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:53 am

Don’t forget Lucas Taylor.....flat out baller!