No limit on stupid

2018 A10 Champions!
quickcat

Re: No limit on stupid

Post by quickcat » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:46 pm

i77cat wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:16 pm
I got a weird quarter in change today. Looked it up on the internet. Found this: https://coinweek.com/modern-coins/grab- ... b-quarter/
In a sign that I'm either young and hip or getting old, I can't remember the last time I got change.

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:52 pm

I pay cash at Wendy's. That's the only place I can think of where I have paid cash in four months.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:25 pm

quickcat wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:46 pm
i77cat wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:16 pm
I got a weird quarter in change today. Looked it up on the internet. Found this: https://coinweek.com/modern-coins/grab- ... b-quarter/
In a sign that I'm either young and hip or getting old, I can't remember the last time I got change.
2 cones at Mooresville Ice Cream. I'm not putting that on a credit card and I don't own a debit card. Well, I have a debit card tied to my HSA, but I don't think I could convince anyone that Mississippi Mud Pie in a sugar cone is a medication.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:49 am

Ice cream would do wonders for my mental health.

Last summer I tried to pay cash to see a special exhibit at a museum in Stockholm. I had more Swedish money than I was going to need, and I sort of wanted to see the exhibit. They wouldn't take cash, only plastic, so I passed on the exhibit.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

dorp

Post by dorp » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:17 am

citycat

Post by citycat » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:43 am

Sparta, NC used to have a Dr. Grabow pipe plant. There was a push to build a Tea Cup Museum there, but it would have required State and Federal money and some questioned why government money was being directed for that.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:40 pm

I'm at my sister's lake house near Wilkesboro. That quake was pretty impressive. Spooked the heck out of the deer that I was watching. Even awakened Rose when the aroma of cooking bacon had failed.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:35 pm

Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:23 pm

🤣

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:56 am

The 5.8 quake in Virginia in 2011 was felt over a wider area than any other quake in the US in modern times. I was sitting here in my chair at the computer, and perhaps the wheels made it seem more prominent. That one lasted long enough for me to wonder whether I should head outside. The one Sunday didn't last long here, but I was still lying in bed, so my whole body contact with the mattress and the effect of the box springs might have made it seem more pronounced.

Since the scale is logarithmic, a 5.8 quake has about eight times the energy of a 5.2. Oddly, I have never knowingly felt an earthquake during my numerous visits to California and Oklahoma over the years.

Breaking up is hard to do. We still haven't got over the breakup with Pangea. There will always be a small part of Africa with us.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:58 am

I felt nothing in Matthews NC.

DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:06 am

I was still in my Sleep Number bed, which is a combination of air bed and memory foam, and I didn't feel anything. That somewhat surprises me because 40 years ago I was a wise man and built my house upon a rock, which I would have thought that to be a good conductor of seismic activity.
"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:27 pm

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... its-others

"I think the only way you can interpret someone in a head-coaching position saying that they made a strong-ass offer, they ain't talking about a scholarship offer, bro," Dawkins said in the film. "One hundred percent talking about money."

In the film, Dawkins even applauded Wade for avoiding criminal charges and keeping his job.

"Just the audacity. You've got to take your hat off to him, man," Dawkins said. "He not only didn't get charged for anything, not only did the government have all of this information and evidence and nothing was happening on a criminal level, he also basically just said f--- you to the NCAA and the university he worked for ... and he still got to keep his job and make millions of dollars. It's like the perfect storm.

"Will Wade is definitely a f---ing gangster for what he did."

Come on, NCAA. Do a job.

quickcat

Post by quickcat » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:34 pm

This also seems pretty blatant....

"LSU's football program is also charged with a Level III violation involving former star receiver Odell Beckham Jr., who gave $2,000 in cash to four Tigers football players on the field after the team's 42-25 victory over Clemson in the CFP National Championship on Jan. 13."

Not saying they're wrong, just that clearly most of these players and coaches view big-time college football and basketball as something the players should get paid for. It's apparently not even a big secret.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:20 pm