BDL wrote:
quickcat wrote:
collegecoach8502 wrote:
BDL wrote:
collegecoach8502 wrote:
BDL wrote:
Acorn wrote:Someone needs to tell these Syracuse people to back off:

http://orangefizz.net/2018/05/who-shoul ... he-market/

"Who Should Syracuse Target With Bryce Golden Off The Market" (May 2)
Luka Brajkovic, Forward

Brajkovic is an Austrian forward who has good size at 6-foot-9. 247Sports lists him inside their top 250. He has the length that Syracuse desires, but would need to work on his strength a good amount. He only has a couple of offers, but they’re from solid schools in Davidson and Penn State. Syracuse’s notoriety would clearly trump those, but it may come down to whether Boeheim wants another player in the mold of Marek Dolezaj on his roster.
OrangeFizz is one of my least favorite Syracuse sites. It is amateur at best and the opinions are decidedly awful. Those guys do not know what they’re talking about.
Probably true, but if Luka didn't sign his NLI in April, then I would have a little concern about their news.

The sight isn’t run by actual beat writers. Its run by students and recent grads. This is pure speculation, they have absolute no inside information. In fact, Cuse is hard after a canadian and a south carolinian (robert braswell) for forward depth not luka. Trust me, I’ll know if Cuse is after Luka.
Like a brother-in law on staff?
I actually meant if it was true that you have a brother in law on the coaching staff.

If this turns out to be true, that is some Waitress level research there.
The OrangeFizz writers just quickly scanned the 24/7's top 250 2018 players and wrote down the guys who are forwards and uncommitted (24/7 doesn't have him down as a Davidson commit).

slowcat95

Post by slowcat95 » Sun May 06, 2018 7:59 pm

BDL wrote:
slowcat95 wrote:
BDL wrote:
i77cat wrote:Syracuse has interest in this guy who had committed to LaSalle and then changed his mind when Dr. John was fired:

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketbal ... nniyi.html
Since Darius Bazley decommitted at the last second for the G-League we need literally any large/athletic forward for depth.
It's weird when someone around here says "we" and isn't referring to DU.
I am 100% sure I am not the only one. The poster with the South Carolina gamecock as his avatar uses "we" for SCar and Davidson. I don't see a problem honestly but we don't have to re-hash argument again, do we?
I'm not dissing you, dude. Just saying it's weird. Maybe "confusing" is a better word. Take it easy.
she/hers

RichmondCat

Post by RichmondCat » Sun May 06, 2018 8:26 pm

catnhat

Post by catnhat » Sun May 06, 2018 9:12 pm

He visited SC this weekend. They have several open spots. I'm guessing that's his destination.

BDL

Post by BDL » Sun May 06, 2018 9:34 pm

slowcat95 wrote:
BDL wrote:
slowcat95 wrote:
BDL wrote:
i77cat wrote:Syracuse has interest in this guy who had committed to LaSalle and then changed his mind when Dr. John was fired:

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketbal ... nniyi.html
Since Darius Bazley decommitted at the last second for the G-League we need literally any large/athletic forward for depth.
It's weird when someone around here says "we" and isn't referring to DU.
I am 100% sure I am not the only one. The poster with the South Carolina gamecock as his avatar uses "we" for SCar and Davidson. I don't see a problem honestly but we don't have to re-hash argument again, do we?
I'm not dissing you, dude. Just saying it's weird. Maybe "confusing" is a better word. Take it easy.
And I’m honestly not being defensive either. Its just that we had a long debate about this during the season and I was hoping that’d be the end of it.
Last edited by BDL on Sun May 06, 2018 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JCDC

Post by JCDC » Sun May 06, 2018 9:39 pm

MLC67

Post by MLC67 » Mon May 07, 2018 10:27 am

It is said that the second thing to go is short term memory. Well, I have absolutely no recollection of the lengthy discussion we had during the season apparently about who is entitled to be deemed "we".

Now, however, my concern is: is lack of memory about last season short or long term?

I guess that depends upon what the definition of is is :oops: :cry: :x
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for men of good will to do nothing. Eddie Burke

Esse Quam Videri

slowcat95

Post by slowcat95 » Mon May 07, 2018 11:00 am

MLC67 wrote:It is said that the second thing to go is short term memory. Well, I have absolutely no recollection of the lengthy discussion we had during the season apparently about who is entitled to be deemed "we".

Now, however, my concern is: is lack of memory about last season short or long term?

I don't recall the lengthy conversation either...then again, my attendance here after basketball season is quite spotty.
she/hers

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Mon May 07, 2018 11:02 am

I just recall the short conversation between the Lone Ranger and Tonto when they were surrounded.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

Steve Rodgers

Post by Steve Rodgers » Mon May 07, 2018 12:35 pm

stevelee wrote:I just recall the short conversation between the Lone Ranger and Tonto when they were surrounded.
"Death by Bunga Bunga"?

BDL

Post by BDL » Mon May 07, 2018 1:39 pm

MLC67 wrote:It is said that the second thing to go is short term memory. Well, I have absolutely no recollection of the lengthy discussion we had during the season apparently about who is entitled to be deemed "we".

There was the question of whether fans who have dual allegiances are good for the school or not. This happened after the UNC and kentucky games.

I guess the debate was under the umbrella of fans with multiple rooting interests and not solely about who is “we” (which I did not claim).

JerseyLawyer

Post by JerseyLawyer » Mon May 07, 2018 1:47 pm

"Death by Bunga Bunga." On the list of the 10 best jokes. . .

Acorn

Post by Acorn » Mon May 07, 2018 2:03 pm

BDL wrote:

There was the question of whether fans who have dual allegiances are good for the school or not. This happened after the UNC and kentucky games.

I guess the debate was under the umbrella of fans with multiple rooting interests and not solely about who is “we” (which I did not claim).
The original point in both cases (because in both cases it was me who made the original point) was that I long for the time when Davidson isn't seen as "cute" and "pesky." Folks pulling for Davidson and UNC or Duke or UVA or UK or whatever school is indicative of that. The fans of big-time programs aren't conflicted. People literally choose not to go to (or even apply to) grad school at places because of their sports rooting interests (behavior I don't condone, but behavior that occurs nonetheless). When Davidson grads come to games wearing red and black along with the colors of Davidson's opponent, it annoys me. Those people aren't Davidson fans. They're UNC fans. They just feel guilty and/or think it's fun to "support" alma mater in a hopeless contest against their "real" team. They make a point to watch live every game their "real" team plays. They check Davidson scores when they think about it. They don't suffer any cognitive dissonance because they don't see Davidson as real competition. Duke, UNC, and UK play in the ACC (or SEC) for national championships. Davidson plays to notch an occasional upset against a P5 team and to make the NCAA tournament (and maybe win a game). I want Davidson to be consistently good enough that fans of such teams fear Davidson. And that our grads unequivocally and enthusiastically pull for Davidson all the time. Davidson's not there yet, so I understand why those non-fan fans exist. If every year were like 2008, those fans would diminish in number.

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Mon May 07, 2018 2:05 pm

Wrong continent.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

Steve Rodgers

Post by Steve Rodgers » Mon May 07, 2018 2:09 pm

stevelee wrote:Wrong continent.
Yes but it's in the same class of jokes where the punch line has become part of the language/culture.
"What do you mean we, paleface?" is a very useful line in the legal profession.