Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

2018 A10 Champions!
BDL

Post by BDL » Thu May 03, 2018 8:34 pm

collegecoach8502 wrote:
BDL wrote:
Acorn wrote:Someone needs to tell these Syracuse people to back off:

http://orangefizz.net/2018/05/who-shoul ... he-market/

"Who Should Syracuse Target With Bryce Golden Off The Market" (May 2)
Luka Brajkovic, Forward

Brajkovic is an Austrian forward who has good size at 6-foot-9. 247Sports lists him inside their top 250. He has the length that Syracuse desires, but would need to work on his strength a good amount. He only has a couple of offers, but they’re from solid schools in Davidson and Penn State. Syracuse’s notoriety would clearly trump those, but it may come down to whether Boeheim wants another player in the mold of Marek Dolezaj on his roster.
OrangeFizz is one of my least favorite Syracuse sites. It is amateur at best and the opinions are decidedly awful. Those guys do not know what they’re talking about.
Probably true, but if Luka didn't sign his NLI in April, then I would have a little concern about their news.
The site isn’t run by actual beat writers. Its run by students and recent grads. This is pure speculation, they have absolute no inside information. In fact, Cuse is hard after a canadian and a south carolinian (robert braswell) for forward depth not luka. Trust me, I’ll know if Cuse is after Luka.
Last edited by BDL on Thu May 03, 2018 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

collegecoach8502

Post by collegecoach8502 » Thu May 03, 2018 9:25 pm

BDL wrote:
collegecoach8502 wrote:
BDL wrote:

Luka Brajkovic, Forward

Brajkovic is an Austrian forward who has good size at 6-foot-9. 247Sports lists him inside their top 250. He has the length that Syracuse desires, but would need to work on his strength a good amount. He only has a couple of offers, but they’re from solid schools in Davidson and Penn State. Syracuse’s notoriety would clearly trump those, but it may come down to whether Boeheim wants another player in the mold of Marek Dolezaj on his roster.
OrangeFizz is one of my least favorite Syracuse sites. It is amateur at best and the opinions are decidedly awful. Those guys do not know what they’re talking about.
Probably true, but if Luka didn't sign his NLI in April, then I would have a little concern about their news.
The sight isn’t run by actual beat writers. Its run by students and recent grads. This is pure speculation, they have absolute no inside information. In fact, Cuse is hard after a canadian and a south carolinian (robert braswell) for forward depth not luka. Trust me, I’ll know if Cuse is after Luka.
Like a brother-in law on staff?
"He is a 6-foot-3, sweet smiling, fun loving boogeyman who will decimate entire teams, then sign autographs and take pictures with his fallen foes' children.

He is a question with no answers."

BaseRich306

Post by BaseRich306 » Thu May 03, 2018 10:10 pm

So uhhh... did Luka sign his NLI or not?

BDL

Post by BDL » Thu May 03, 2018 11:28 pm

Everyone hates Jimmy here so this’ll probably fall on deaf ears. He is very well liked and regarded in the coaching community; he does not and will not recruit a kid who is committed to another school.

We (Cuse) is also actively recruiting another forward (a schollie was offered and he has set a visit date just in the last week). There is absolutely no reason to worry. Just to be sure though definitely check in on what tyrese samuels and Richard Braswell do soon.

Waitress

Post by Waitress » Fri May 04, 2018 1:11 am

BDL wrote:Everyone hates Jimmy here so this’ll probably fall on deaf ears. He is very well liked and regarded in the coaching community; he does not and will not recruit a kid who is committed to another school.

We (Cuse) is also actively recruiting another forward (a schollie was offered and he has set a visit date just in the last week). There is absolutely no reason to worry. Just to be sure though definitely check in on what tyrese samuels and Richard Braswell do soon.
OK, now I'm worried.
Conor Bree

~Tip well.

JerseyLawyer

Post by JerseyLawyer » Fri May 04, 2018 1:08 pm

Boeheim has improved with age. And with the way that he ripped Carolina after the NCAA tongue kissed them

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Fri May 04, 2018 2:46 pm

BaseRich306 wrote:So uhhh... did Luka sign his NLI or not?
8-)

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Fri May 04, 2018 11:00 pm

wildforthecats wrote:
BaseRich306 wrote:So uhhh... did Luka sign his NLI or not?
8-)
Oh, Gawd!

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Sun May 06, 2018 12:08 pm

Syracuse has interest in this guy who had committed to LaSalle and then changed his mind when Dr. John was fired:

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketbal ... nniyi.html
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

BDL

Post by BDL » Sun May 06, 2018 3:23 pm

i77cat wrote:Syracuse has interest in this guy who had committed to LaSalle and then changed his mind when Dr. John was fired:

Since Darius Bazley decommitted at the last second for the G-League we need literally any large/athletic forward for depth.

slowcat95

Post by slowcat95 » Sun May 06, 2018 3:28 pm

BDL wrote:
i77cat wrote:Syracuse has interest in this guy who had committed to LaSalle and then changed his mind when Dr. John was fired:

Since Darius Bazley decommitted at the last second for the G-League we need literally any large/athletic forward for depth.
It's weird when someone around here says "we" and isn't referring to DU.
she/hers

quickcat

Post by quickcat » Sun May 06, 2018 3:50 pm

collegecoach8502 wrote:
BDL wrote:
collegecoach8502 wrote:
BDL wrote:

Luka Brajkovic, Forward

The sight isn’t run by actual beat writers. Its run by students and recent grads. This is pure speculation, they have absolute no inside information. In fact, Cuse is hard after a canadian and a south carolinian (robert braswell) for forward depth not luka. Trust me, I’ll know if Cuse is after Luka.
If this turns out to be true, that is some Waitress level research there.

BDL

Post by BDL » Sun May 06, 2018 4:20 pm

slowcat95 wrote:
BDL wrote:

It's weird when someone around here says "we" and isn't referring to DU.
I am 100% sure I am not the only one. The poster with the South Carolina gamecock as his avatar uses "we" for SCar and Davidson. I don't see a problem honestly but we don't have to re-hash argument again, do we?
Last edited by BDL on Sun May 06, 2018 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BDL

Post by BDL » Sun May 06, 2018 4:24 pm

quickcat wrote:
collegecoach8502 wrote:
BDL wrote:
collegecoach8502 wrote:
BDL wrote:

Luka Brajkovic, Forward

If this turns out to be true, that is some Waitress level research there.
The OrangeFizz writers just quickly scanned the 24/7's top 250 2018 players and wrote down the guys who are forwards and uncommitted (24/7 doesn't have him down as a Davidson commit).

RichmondCat

Post by RichmondCat » Sun May 06, 2018 4:47 pm

Looks like another offer to Drew Pember. 6’9 2019 forward out of TN.

https://twitter.com/bmaze16ua/status/99 ... 68512?s=21

Has an offer from Tennessee as well.