Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

2018 A10 Champions!
citycat

Post by citycat » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:11 pm

Ryan McAdoo's paternal grandmother was 6'6". She was a school teacher in Greensboro and a customer of a drug store I worked in. This was in the era when the area with the prescription medicine was elevated.

She could look the pharmacists in the eye when discussing her medicine. The pharmacists were especially nice to her because they were almost all UNC-CH grads.

There's a Davidson resident who has spent a lot of time in Italy and had a child who played high school tennis.

quickcat

Post by quickcat » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:51 pm

The person I'm referring to did mention that Ryan's mother is Italian, but he was friends with Bob from the US. The tennis was something this person does so he was interested that one of Bob's other kids is now a professional tennis player.

He also is (was?) friends with the father of one of the members of the Elite Eight team.

cat44

Post by cat44 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:44 pm

I assume you are talking about Bob Isner. Is John coming yo DU to play post?

catnhat

Post by catnhat » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:07 pm

Holly Jones is a Buncombe Co. commissioner who ran for Lt. Gov. recently. She went to HS with me and then went to UNC and was a basketball manager.

At one time she spent a year or so in Italy. She looked up Bob McAdoo while there. She had met him previously when he spent some offseason time in Chapel Hill. He invited her to stay in his home for the rest of her stay.

Dr. Bliss

Post by Dr. Bliss » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:56 pm

catnhat wrote:Holly Jones is a Buncombe Co. commissioner who ran for Lt. Gov. recently. She went to HS with me and then went to UNC and was a basketball manager.

At one time she spent a year or so in Italy. She looked up Bob McAdoo while there. She had met him previously when he spent some offseason time in Chapel Hill. He invited her to stay in his home for the rest of her stay.
Former Buncombe County commissioner.
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx

citycat

Post by citycat » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:13 pm

No one wants to be a Buncombe County Commissioner now.

The SoCon better not want any improvements to the Civic Center the next few years.

DCA06

Post by DCA06 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:19 am

what is SA?

raptorcat

Post by raptorcat » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:07 pm

DCA06 wrote:what is SA?
Thank you!

And where are these purported video clips located?
“Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.”
"I can't be worrying about that sh*t. Life goes on, man."
- Jeff Bridges as The Dude in "The Big Lebowski"

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:07 pm

raptorcat wrote:
DCA06 wrote:what is SA?
Thank you!

And where are these purported video clips located?
San Antonio...

BDF

Post by BDF » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:11 pm

I like the way this guy dunks after his steal. Seems to have good touch from 3 as well. Juco guy maybe we should look at. Originally from Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdcXzWDPs_c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvGaVU97G-Q
Bob in the huddle during timeout: "Don't listen to BDL!"
Matt: "Coach, that's BDF."
Bob: "What?! There's two of them!?"

DCA06

Post by DCA06 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:15 pm

Ok great interesting. Now I assume we wait for unnamed player2?

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:07 pm

If there is an allusion to a specific player on the board, I would assume there is a reason the name is not said or linked to explicitly, namely that the staff does not want it on there. If it’s on twitter or from a media outlet, then it’s fair game, but just throwing this out there

BDF

Post by BDF » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:44 pm

If mods want to nuke the links I posted they can. I’ve got to think if staff didn’t want people to be able to figure out a potential player they either 1) wouldn’t tell anyone or less effectively 2) would tell those they told not to drop hints.

I could also just be posting random videos, or be the unwitting accomplice in an elaborate diversion. I’ve never heard anyone say that the guy in the video is someone we are recruiting.

Maybe I should just tweet my speculation first so it’s fair game^
Bob in the huddle during timeout: "Don't listen to BDL!"
Matt: "Coach, that's BDF."
Bob: "What?! There's two of them!?"

DCA06

Post by DCA06 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:54 pm

Whatever the circumstance - id be happy with project san Antonio. Seems like an athletic guy capable of creating his own shot be it drive or shooting a mid range J, which as a 3-5 player, I think is pretty important. Since soph year, I believe Nate has not spent enough time developing a mid range jumper which would make him very dangerous given his board work and ok FT %. Think Brandon Ingram in college (I know he is obviously the extreme amazing example, but he could shoot or take those first 2 steps to basket from 18ft out and beat you). That type of player, even if we got the "C" version of it, would do wonders for the sophistication and diversity of our offense; help us evolve against P5 teams.
Sometimes I think we do not allow enough penetration from a 3-5 position player. They are posts for guard screens instead of being able to have the option to create first.
I think overtime, leveraging our system to allow more freedom from big or wing players helps you a) get more of them in recruiting and b) diversifies your offense so teams like Richmond have to think more than just aggressively guard your 1-2 players to limit production.

Jay Catsby

Post by Jay Catsby » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:00 pm

According to this tweet from Verbal Commits: https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits/statu ... 1947739136

Silas Adheke has committed to Northern Kentucky. Best of luck to the young man, a solid player going to a strong/growing mid-major program.