Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

2018 A10 Champions!
MrMac

Post by MrMac » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:33 am

tennis08tarheels wrote:
BDL wrote:Do we have any updates on Luka? Also the sages I asked seemed pretty sure about SA. Really hoping we get him.
How good is the NJCAA league in which he's averaging 6 & 6?
To me, that is the most intriguing/exciting part of this mystery. Clearly, our coaches see something beyond the stat-sheet, possibly something that others have missed. Unwrapping this present may be the most fun we have next winter.

citycat

Post by citycat » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:26 am

Yuot Alok of Chipola, FL JC is regarded as the top JUCO prospect in the USA. He has signed with TCU for '18-'19. He averages 12.4 PPG and 6.9 RPG.

JUCO ball must have a rule akin to Greensboro YMCA Y-Lad ball in the '60s & '70s. Everyone plays a quarter.

dorp

Post by dorp » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:38 am

citycat wrote:JUCO ball must have a rule akin to Greensboro YMCA Y-Lad ball in the '60s & '70s. Everyone plays a quarter.
And nobody dribbles?

catborn'bred

Post by catborn'bred » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:36 pm

Several posters have commented on the need for bigs who are mobile and can shoot. I like the little video available of SA. He is strong and seems to have a good mid-range jump shot. I also like what I saw of his post moves. From my understanding, we are still in the process of cultivating a relationship with him.
Last edited by catborn'bred on Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:39 pm

catborn'bred wrote:Several posters have commented on the need for bids who are mobile and can shoot. I like the little video available of SA. He is strong and seems to have a god mid-range jump shot. I also like what I saw of his post moves. From my understanding, we are still in the process of cultivating a relationship with him.
He would be a great fit at Davidson.

delaReine

Post by delaReine » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:55 pm

wildforthecats wrote:
catborn'bred wrote:Several posters have commented on the need for bids who are mobile and can shoot. I like the little video available of SA. He is strong and seems to have a god mid-range jump shot. I also like what I saw of his post moves. From my understanding, we are still in the process of cultivating a relationship with him.
He would be a great fit at Davidson.
If he is a prospect playing in the US and would be a great fit why is he a secret?

delareine (a member of the sleuthing impaired)

catborn'bred

Post by catborn'bred » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:01 pm

The history of SA as I understand it. He is an international student who came to the U.S. Went to Evansville and redshirted his 1st year for further development and adjustment to US game. Coach left Evansville. SA enrolled in JC. To me, this explains why he is a relative unknown.

catnhat

Post by catnhat » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:01 pm

No media reports of our involvement.

Rumor has it one or more of the staff (Bob + ?)have been to see him play. Also reported to be a strong student and rebounder.

citycat

Post by citycat » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:01 pm

In the late Dark Ages, the first organized leagues started with 9 year olds. We could dribble, but only in one spot.

The best kids were the ones who ignored the coach's instructions to avoid fouls and tackled anyone with an open bunny. Free throws were difficult, even though they were shot from 12 feet.

BDF

Post by BDF » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:09 pm

I’ve heard this attributed to Mayor Belk-

“I reason I don’t tell you secrets isn’t that I don’t trust you. I just don’t trust the people that you are going to tell.”
Bob in the huddle during timeout: "Don't listen to BDL!"
Matt: "Coach, that's BDF."
Bob: "What?! There's two of them!?"

dorp

Post by dorp » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:10 pm

citycat wrote:In the late Dark Ages, the first organized leagues started with 9 year olds. We could dribble, but only in one spot.

The best kids were the ones who ignored the coach's instructions to avoid fouls and tackled anyone with an open bunny. Free throws were difficult, even though they were shot from 12 feet.
I watched a video the other day of a four-year-old in a Y league game. He took the ball from one free throw line all the way down for a layup at the other end. Without dribbling. The parent filming the video cheered. :roll:

collegecoach8502

Post by collegecoach8502 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:15 pm

dorp wrote:
citycat wrote:In the late Dark Ages, the first organized leagues started with 9 year olds. We could dribble, but only in one spot.

I watched a video the other day of a four-year-old in a Y league game. He took the ball from one free throw line all the way down for a layup at the other end. Without dribbling. The parent filming the video cheered. :roll:
Yea, but you're his dad, you're suppose to cheer!
"He is a 6-foot-3, sweet smiling, fun loving boogeyman who will decimate entire teams, then sign autographs and take pictures with his fallen foes' children.

He is a question with no answers."

BDL

Post by BDL » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:43 pm

MrMac wrote:
tennis08tarheels wrote:
BDL wrote:Do we have any updates on Luka? Also the sages I asked seemed pretty sure about SA. Really hoping we get him.
How good is the NJCAA league in which he's averaging 6 & 6?
To me, that is the most intriguing/exciting part of this mystery. Clearly, our coaches see something beyond the stat-sheet, possibly something that others have missed. Unwrapping this present may be the most fun we have next winter.
6.6 rebounds in 16 minutes per game is actually really good.

citycat

Post by citycat » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:17 pm

A FL JUCO beat Alok's Chipola 102-64. The victorious school also defeated Snow of Utah and Vincennes of IN. Vincennes is Robert McAdoo's alma mater.

quickcat

Post by quickcat » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:18 pm

citycat wrote:A FL JUCO beat Alok's Chipola 102-64. The victorious school also defeated Snow of Utah and Vincennes of IN. Vincennes is Robert McAdoo's alma mater.
At the table next to me at Starbucks this morning, the conversation touched on Bob McAdoo's juco, his son who is a freshman at FGCU, Elizabeth Kiss '83 and high level tennis. It seems completely ridiculous that someone could actually guess who was talking about all of that. But some people on this board know absolutely ridiculous sports trivia.

Please show your work. If necessary, I can give a hint that is related to Wildcat hoops. You obviously get bonus points if you can divine that hint on your own.