Amazing season

A place to discuss topics which impact all of Davidson's sports
stevelee

Amazing season

Post by stevelee » Thu May 26, 2022 9:11 pm

I don’t think it is just my imagination. This seems like it has been an amazing year overall for Davidson athletic teams. Whatever happens the rest of this week and weekend, the baseball team has been outstanding, so I don’t think it premature to include them in this, too. And yes, individual teams have had even better seasons than this one, and a few might have been below average for them.

But can you guys think of an academic year in which as many teams had seasons this good?
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

Dr. Bliss

Re: Amazing season

Post by Dr. Bliss » Thu May 26, 2022 9:24 pm

I’ve been thinking the same thing. It hasn’t been all that long since there was a lot of gloom and doom on this board about our non-competitiveness in a lot of sports. Things have changed. Hope we can get our men’s and women’s soccer programs back up there.
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Thu May 26, 2022 9:42 pm

Cobb and I had this same discussion this afternoon. Chris Clunie rocks.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Thu May 26, 2022 10:19 pm

At the pregame Tuesday, I had a really interesting conversation with Alex Shields (interesting to me anyway, not speaking for him). He seems as knowledgeable and enthusiastic in person as he does on the Zoom events. We did talk about Davidson sports in general, and not just football and baseball. I don’t recall exactly what he said, but he suggested that some earth moving is about to start in preparation for the new facilities.

He said that Coach Abell has really high hopes for the new president based on the kinds of things he has done at Richmond. (Porter is a Richmond alum, for those of you who haven’t made that connection.)

Oh, and I did mention to him that I was dropped from the alumni roles during the Sam Spencer era. I didn’t try to explain to Alex that I am not even a sports fan. Nobody believes me any more anyway. I’m starting to have a few doubts myself.

And jumping threads, I’ll mention that it started raining at my house about 10:10.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ