GSR

A place to discuss topics which impact all of Davidson's sports
i77cat

GSR

Post by i77cat » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:28 am

"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

DC69Wildcat

Re: GSR

Post by DC69Wildcat » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:01 pm

Overall 6-year graduation rate for the school is 91%, so 96% for athletes is quite good. However, if 100% of the athletes on 19 teams graduated, the 2 teams not mentioned (wrestling and football) as being at 100% must have been pretty low to pull the overall average down to 96%.
"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:45 pm

Again demonstrating that our coaches do a fantastic job of bringing in students who will graduate. In fact, they consistently do a better job at that than the admissions department does. Great job by all of the coaching staffs.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

catnhat

Post by catnhat » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:44 pm

Under the previous FB coach players left the program in large numbers. I’m guessing a decent amount of those guys also left the school. The numbers of juniors and seniors on the roster has been rising. I think players who entered under the present regime are largely happy and also successful in school.