Season tickets

A place to discuss topics which impact all of Davidson's sports
stevelee

Season tickets

Post by stevelee » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:19 pm

In case you didn't see the email, season tickets will be on your phone or the like. There will no more Universal tickets. The free popcorn went away a long time ago anyway. So you choose your sports. Soccer and football tickets will be available tomorrow. Basketball tickets will be available August 3.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

DC69Wildcat

Re: Season tickets

Post by DC69Wildcat » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:19 pm

stevelee wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:19 pm
In case you didn't see the email, season tickets will be on your phone or the like. There will no more Universal tickets. The free popcorn went away a long time ago anyway. So you choose your sports. Soccer and football tickets will be available tomorrow. Basketball tickets will be available August 3.
Well, that is a disappointment. I always bought one Universal ticket and one MBB ticket. I attended one FB game in the 20+ years I had the Universal ticket, and I attended 3-4 men's soccer games and 1-2 WBB games per year. I never got my money's worth, but it was nice to know I could attend if I wanted to "for free." I guess I'll just buy 2 MBB tickets and get individual game tickets for anything else I decide to attend.
"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:34 am

Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:04 pm

I purchased my football tickets. It looks like I'm supposed to print out individual tickets, but that is not what the original message seemed to say to me. I guess I'll get around to watching the instructional videos before the first game.

I wonder how much extra work this "labor saving" method will make for the ticket office staff.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:38 pm

stevelee wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:04 pm
I purchased my football tickets. It looks like I'm supposed to print out individual tickets, but that is not what the original message seemed to say to me. I guess I'll get around to watching the instructional videos before the first game.

I wonder how much extra work this "labor saving" method will make for the ticket office staff.
I just went to the website to see how to set it up. After I watched a 30-second advertisement :evil: I was rushed through a visual on how to set up an account. Since I haven't bought any tickets yet I was only able to watch, and it's the usual Set User Name [I went ahead and set my User Name as "wildforthecats" so I'll be ready when the time comes.] > get Temporary Password from Ticket Office > log in using Temporary Password > reset Password > add address and phone #. I guess when you actually purchase tickets you will be assigned a key that will allow you to download tix to individual events. It looks like you will download tickets to your "mobile device" rather than printing them. I suspect that will give you bar code or QR code that will be scanned at the door. It will certainly be more cumbersome than just holding a plastic card up to be scanned, but not too bad. I assume my wife and I will both have to download our individual tickets to our individual "mobile devices." And what do you do if you're also bring 2 or 3 kids? Do they have to have their own "mobile devices?" The young folks have been doing this kind of thing to attend concerts and get on airplanes for a long time, so no big deal for them, but I foresee chaos. And if we have to watch advertising every time we go on the site to download tickets, I'll be chagrined.
"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:03 pm

I already had an account since I have purchased tickets to concerts and plays at the college before. Maybe I had also used Etix for tournament tickets or something, too. I entered my email address as the user name, but my computer didn’t automatically pop up a password, so they sent me a link to change passwords.

I then popped into my account. There was an invoice for $50 for football and $60 for men’s soccer. I clicked the button to buy the football tickets. Then I received an email with a link to show the tickets. I may print them out anyway, whether I later use the phone screen to get in. With two tickets for men’s basketball, printing may be handier than using phones.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:19 pm

“I went ahead and set my User Name as "wildforthecats"

:shock:

DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:36 pm

wildforthecats wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:19 pm
“I went ahead and set my User Name as "wildforthecats"

:shock:
I thought it sounded mysterious and inscrutable. 8-)

PsychoCat

Post by PsychoCat » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:13 am

Updated again: while I still never found a way to create an account, after adding football tix I did (on subsequent attempts) get prompted for address and payment info. I assume the hoops tix will be the same.

Also, I couldn't get the "how to" videos to load in Chrome, only with IE/Edge.

DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:56 pm

I got the email introducing the e-ticket concept with a link to the Ticket Office web page and the brief video on setting up an account. I have gotten no more emails since then.

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:40 pm

I was talking with a friend today who has normally used Joel Williamson’s football tickets some of the time. I suggested that was the sort of situation that Jamie and staff will address manually.

Since my email link leads to printable tickets, I think I might just print out paper tickets for the season.

I think for the DC Metro, I will just continue using my Senior Citizen Smart Card rather than my watch or my phone.

Maybe I have started thinking like a old guy.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ