ESPN+

A place to discuss topics which impact all of Davidson's sports
i77cat

ESPN+

Post by i77cat » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:12 am

I just checked the schedules for Davidson sports. Football, baseball, field hockey, both soccers, lacrosse. There are zero games that list ESPN+. Are we really not going to use ESPN+ for the remainder of the school year? Or are we just not listing it this far in advance? I know that school was offering 2 months of ESPN+ for people who sent their season ticket dollars in as a donation.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

collegecoach8502

Re: ESPN+

Post by collegecoach8502 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:55 am

Football is not on ESPN+, but Sidearm All-Access. That is a contract issue with PFL, A10 and ESPN+

Almost all of the remaining home contests other than football will be on ESPN+. Occasional scheduling conflicts with two games going on at once may mean one game is streamed and the other is not may be the exception.

I know they are working on streaming more than one game at the same time, but some of that is an issue they are trying to resolve with ESPN and out of their control until that happens.

Generally speaking, I think the ever changing schedule and time changes for all the sports has probably kept them from posting on schedule but expect that to be corrected.
"He is a 6-foot-3, sweet smiling, fun loving boogeyman who will decimate entire teams, then sign autographs and take pictures with his fallen foes' children.

He is a question with no answers."

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:04 pm

Good info. Thank you.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:50 am

B#tch, and you shall receive. One day later, I checked those five schedules again. Still no football games, as Cowie pointed out, but there are now 23 events on the other 4 schedules that are on ESPN+. Including a whole bunch for baseball. Even today's game: https://davidsonwildcats.com/sports/baseball/schedule

You could also watch today's field hockey match from VCU at 3pm.

It doesn't show up on Davidson's schedule, but the lacrosse game at Mason is on ESPN+ at 5pm. To my eye, the two most exciting Davidson teams to watch are football and lacrosse. I'm glad we have the opportunity to watch the ladies play George Mason today. https://gomason.com/sports/womens-lacrosse/schedule
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:30 am

Wanna watch some PFL football on ESPN+? Here ya go: https://www.espn.com/espnplus/player/_/ ... 8efb9e8b18

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:36 pm

Has anything been decided or announced about A10 coverage on ESPN+? I just got a price increase notice from them for renewals after August 31. I don’t know right off when my annual subscription runs out. Even though I will see most home games in person, and even with a higher price, I should get my money’s worth if the A10 agreement continues. If not, I am unlikely to watch at all.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:42 pm

stevelee wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:36 pm
Has anything been decided or announced about A10 coverage on ESPN+? I just got a price increase notice from them for renewals after August 31. I don’t know right off when my annual subscription runs out. Even though I will see most home games in person, and even with a higher price, I should get my money’s worth if the A10 agreement continues. If not, I am unlikely to watch at all.
Agreed.
"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''

collegecoach8502

Post by collegecoach8502 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:23 pm

stevelee wrote:
I believe everything moves to NBCSN by the end of the year.
"He is a 6-foot-3, sweet smiling, fun loving boogeyman who will decimate entire teams, then sign autographs and take pictures with his fallen foes' children.

He is a question with no answers."

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:26 am

That is even better.

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:14 am

Does that then mean we will no longer get the local broadcasts of the "minor" sports, but mainly just some of the men's basketball games?
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:18 am

I see that my subscription is paid up to late November, so I have plenty of time to cancel.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:04 pm

stevelee wrote:
I don’t know right off when my annual subscription runs out.
My subscription runs month-to-month. I can cancel at any time just by stopping the $4.99 monthly drafts. I usually do that in the Spring, then pick it back up again when school starts back in the Fall.
"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:11 pm

DC69Wildcat wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:04 pm
stevelee wrote:
I don’t know right off when my annual subscription runs out.
My subscription runs month-to-month. I can cancel at any time just by stopping the $4.99 monthly drafts. I usually do that in the Spring, then pick it back up again when school starts back in the Fall.
I was on a plan like that. I think I paid $50 for the year, so I might have saved enough for lunch yesterday by starting and stopping by month. I guess I paid for a year when I started back last fall.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

TiredCat88

Post by TiredCat88 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:55 pm

collegecoach8502 wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:23 pm
stevelee wrote:
I believe everything moves to NBCSN by the end of the year.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/m ... 678669002/

bvgerd

Post by bvgerd » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:40 pm

My understanding is that ESPN+ and the A10 have a streaming deal through at least 2023 that is unimpacted by NBCSN disbanding. https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-rele ... onference/

The articles from last november so potentially things have changed, but as of then there was a deal in place through the 2023-2024 season.