Gavin

Post by stevelee » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:06 pm

I haven't seen this news posted here:

https://athletics.wheatoncollege.edu/ge ... 0105jba3tj
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

citycat

Re: Gavin

Post by citycat » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:13 pm

I was unaware Gavin was responsible for supervising some of Davidson's sports. He was a hardworking administrator and an able fundraiser. We need to find a successor to build upon the foundation Gavin and his predecessors have erected.

This isn't the Wheaton Billy Graham attended. That school is in Illinois.

dorp

Post by dorp » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:06 pm

citycat wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:13 pm
This isn't the Wheaton Billy Graham attended. That school is in Illinois.
I ran by this one on 12/22/2019.

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:00 pm

In case you didn't see his email to us:
Dear Wildcats,

When I came to Davidson in the summer of 2015, my primary goal was to help Davidson finish a successful public phase of the Game Changers: Inspiring Leaders to Transform the World campaign. I was coming to a new region of the country, a new campus community and a new set of colleagues, with very little idea of what to expect.

Another longer-term goal was to gain broader experience within college athletics and in working with partners throughout the campus to better prepare myself for the future. Davidson provided a pathway for this professional and personal growth. Much like a first-year student will eventually graduate from Davidson a dramatically more prepared person for the outside world, Davidson treated me to the same type of transformational experience as an employee.

I will never forget this place or its people. I would not be prepared for my next chapter, as the Director of Athletics at Wheaton College, if it were not for the Davidson community.

Thank you all, stay in touch and if you’re ever up north looking for a friendly face, let me know.

While today is my final day working at Davidson, it’s always a great day to be Wildcat.

GViano_Signature

Gavin Viano
Director of Athletic Development
and Associate Director of Athletics
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:22 pm

That was very well-expressed. Godspeed, Gavin.

graveline

Post by graveline » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:11 pm

I grew up near the mass wheaton, even went to some sort of athletic summer camp their (it didn't take)

a joke of the "when did you stop beating your wife" varietal was to query if people were attending "the crappy one or the one for religious extremists" when they said they attended wheaton
If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said it