Meet rich Texans

A space reserved for stories from our competition
stevelee

Meet rich Texans

Post by stevelee » Wed Sep 04, 2024 3:31 pm

Now that SMU is in the ACC, they are offering weekend packages for their games at Louisville, Stanford, Duke, and Virginia.

For only $1,300 I can have a weekend at Duke that includes a Friday night reception at Duke, two nights in a hotel, a pregame tailgate, game ticket in the SMU section, concierge services, and transportation to and from events; hotel concierge parking not included. (Reception on Friday before the Virginia game will be at Monticello, which would be nice.)

Unfortunately, that is the weekend of the Butler game here. I can pay $30 to park (which suddenly sounds cheap by comparison). Uber from my house might be cheaper still, and likely more convenient if they can let me out near the gate. Maybe after the game this Saturday, some of you guys can let me know how the parking situation works out, since I will be unable to attend.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

i77cat

Re: Meet rich Texans

Post by i77cat » Thu Sep 05, 2024 11:25 am

$30 to park? At Davidson? What did I miss?
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

citycat

Post by citycat » Thu Sep 05, 2024 12:17 pm

There's a pre-game event which is sponsored by the College, not the football program. I seem to recall seeing $30 for parking mentioned in the information that was sent after you enrolled in the event.

My plan is to drop my wife off as close to the entrance as possible and grab the first free parking spot I can find as I drive away.

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Thu Sep 05, 2024 1:10 pm

https://davidsonwildcats.com/sports/202 ... meday-info
There is limited premium parking available for $30 per car in the Davidson College Stadium Lot. Premium football parking is available on a first come first serve basis. Tailgating is allowed and encouraged but all tailgating equipment (tents, grills, chairs, games, etc.) must be placed in the grass islands and other lawn areas surrounding the lots, not in the road or other parking spaces.

Free parking is available in the grass lot (weather permitting) as well as the Baker Lots adjacent to the Baker Sports Complex.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Thu Sep 05, 2024 1:25 pm

I guess a lot of the tailgating will be in the Baker lot. That's where the Catawba folks will be.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Thu Sep 05, 2024 1:47 pm

Is the easiest walk from the Baker lot involve the walk just north of Chambers and somehow across. The most obvious routes involve more hills than I want to do. When I went to the first Lacrosse game, I parked in the soccer lot and walked through the Wilson bleachers and eventually found a series of steps and a chain link fence at a gate that won't be open for football.

Maybe the former (?) golf course will hold a lot of cars. I haven't been by there since The $30 is of course demand pricing, scaring off all but the richest and laziest.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Thu Sep 05, 2024 4:32 pm

I would assume that the college will employ a fleet of golf carts with student drivers to shuttle the infirm from Baker to the football stadium. Parking at the Brickhouse might be an option, as well.
"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Thu Sep 05, 2024 4:55 pm

I'll have to check on the closest lot for faculty/staff. 69 can lean on WP for parking.