Steph update

A new forum for discussion about Davidson's professional athletes.
Dr. Bliss

Re: Steph update

Post by Dr. Bliss » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:16 am

Saw it in real time, pretty cool. The reaction from the bench is awesome.
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:18 pm

Wow!

Waitress

Post by Waitress » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:45 pm

Dr. Bliss wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:16 am
Saw it in real time, pretty cool. The reaction from the bench is awesome.
Some sorely needed levity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doAnwpg7I1o
Conor Bree

~Tip well.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:08 am

https://www.basketball-reference.com/le ... areer.html

Steph is 768 ahead of Harden.
Klay is 36 ahead of James and just 23 from passing Korver for 6th place.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

Cat Forever

Post by Cat Forever » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:20 am

TJ-D 19 pts on 9/9 FGs, 9 rebounds, 3 BLOCKS, and 2 assists with no turnovers last night. Kerr could only find 26 minutes for him ...

TJ-D needs to be a starter and playing at least 30 minutes per game. Time is running out this season for Kerr to get it right.

Steph and Draymond did not play well at all last night.
Last edited by Cat Forever on Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
America: A country so great that billions want to come here and even her haters won’t leave.

Cat Forever

Post by Cat Forever » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:42 pm

TJ-D first player in Warriors history to total 9 or more FGs in a game without a miss: https://youtu.be/JuauXbE8rnE
America: A country so great that billions want to come here and even her haters won’t leave.

catnhat

Post by catnhat » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:31 pm

Steph passed Robert Parrish for 35th in career points last night. Barkley is next, though it will take a while.

Cat Forever

Post by Cat Forever » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:28 am

Kuminga is now a full-fledged NBA star. He has developed with light speed given playing time and starter status by Kerr. Credit to Kerr.

Kerr on Kuminga last night(paraphrasing): Best game on both ends I've seen him play ... There have been times earlier in the season when I should have played him and didn't. And Kerr's prior comments: He works as hard as anybody (on a team with Steph that's a big statement) .... he's a good kid ... he's well-liked by all of his teammates ... the vets have all encouraged him and he listens to all of them.

Klay on Kuminga: Unbelievable athlete. Nobody faster at his size. Nobody. May be the best athlete in the NBA! Great form on his jump shot. And now he's developing great shot selection.

Paul on Kuminga when asked what spurred the Warriors 3rd quarter run last night: JK's pressure on the ball out front (same answer came from Klay)... the steals ... and running the court on offense and defense. And the dunks got us all going!

Prior comments by Draymond: "He's unguardable"

Prior comments by Steph: He has developed patience. I told him if he lets the game come to him his talent will come out. And with his talent the sky is the limit when he's patient.

Now it's TJ-D's turn ...

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:57 pm

Good info, CatForever. I didn't see the game last night. Was Steph OK, or was he simply deferring to his teammates? All of the other starters/All Stars seemed to have very good scoring games.

Cat Forever

Post by Cat Forever » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:45 pm

MrMac wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:57 pm
Good info, CatForever. I didn't see the game last night. Was Steph OK, or was he simply deferring to his teammates? All of the other starters/All Stars seemed to have very good scoring games.
No injury. Steph took it easy after the big 2nd half lead. He was admiring the play of Kuminga, Klay, Wiggs, Draymond, CP3, and Jackson-Davis I believe. Saving himself for a tough contest with the Pacers tomorrow ... BTW, CP3 had 14 assists and 0 turnovers! TJ-D only 6 for 8 FGs and brought his FG% down to 81.3% for the last 10 games! I know the dunks are high % but he usually gets a couple of tip ins too which require great timing and can be tough when contested.

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:31 pm

The NCAA March Madness App features clips of moments from past tournaments. Today's moment: Curry30 going for 40 and the W vs. Gonzaga. 8-)

Cat Forever

Post by Cat Forever » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 am

MrMac wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:31 pm
The NCAA March Madness App features clips of moments from past tournaments. Today's moment: Curry30 going for 40 and the W vs. Gonzaga. 8-)
I don't recall McKillop having Steph or Jason Richards on the bench in key moments of that game. He was way too smart to do that.

Kerr played Steph 29+ minutes in a close game with the Timberwolves Sunday ... including leaving him on the bench until the 6:54 mark of the 4th quarter at which time the Timberwolves had erased the Warriors 4 pt lead when Steph left the game with 4 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. That's 9 straight minutes without Steph and a 12 point swing to the T-wolves who ran to an 8 pt lead in a game the Warriors really needed. Inexplicable! Kerr claimed some load management nonsense post game. I hope the owners are not buying that BS. It was plain and simply foolish. Then, with Steph on the floor the Warriors close the game to 106-107 at 2:37 and Kerr decides to remove his 2nd best player, Kuminga. The Warriors don't score in the next 2 minutes and Minnesota takes a 5 point lead 106-111 with 36 seconds to go and get the win.

The best conditioned player in the NBA can't play 3 or 4 more minutes at crunch time?

If Kerr continues this "strategy" the Warriors will be totally out of the playoffs. The highest paid team in the NBA! I hope Lacob has a long talk with him ASAP.

collegecoach8502

Post by collegecoach8502 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:04 am

Cat Forever wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 am
MrMac wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:31 pm
I don't recall McKillop having Steph or Jason Richards on the bench in key moments of that game. He was way too smart to do that.

Kerr played Steph 29+ minutes in a close game with the Timberwolves Sunday ... including leaving him on the bench until the 6:54 mark of the 4th quarter at which time the Timberwolves had erased the Warriors 4 pt lead when Steph left the game with 4 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. That's 9 straight minutes without Steph and a 12 point swing to the T-wolves who ran to an 8 pt lead in a game the Warriors really needed. Inexplicable! Kerr claimed some load management nonsense post game. I hope the owners are not buying that BS. It was plain and simply foolish. Then, with Steph on the floor the Warriors close the game to 106-107 at 2:37 and Kerr decides to remove his 2nd best player, Kuminga. The Warriors don't score in the next 2 minutes and Minnesota takes a 5 point lead 106-111 with 36 seconds to go and get the win.

The best conditioned player in the NBA can't play 3 or 4 more minutes at crunch time?

If Kerr continues this "strategy" the Warriors will be totally out of the playoffs. The highest paid team in the NBA! I hope Lacob has a long talk with him ASAP.
He did a month ago....gave him a 2 year $35 million contract extension.
"He is a 6-foot-3, sweet smiling, fun loving boogeyman who will decimate entire teams, then sign autographs and take pictures with his fallen foes' children.

He is a question with no answers."

Cat Forever

Post by Cat Forever » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:24 am

Lacob has money to burn ... Kerr is covering that cash with gasoline as we speak.

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:25 pm

That was an odd thing for.Kerr to do. It's almost like he expected to lose this game. But they were winning with Steph in, and then Kerr fulfilled the expectation by taking Curry out. As I have said, I like Kerr, and respect what he's accomplished with the Warriors. Still, watching his explanation about long-term rest, etc. gave me little confidence that he was adapting to the game situation. My guess is that he overcorrects tonight.