Steph update

A new forum for discussion about Davidson's professional athletes.
Cat Forever

Re: Steph update

Post by Cat Forever » Sun May 05, 2024 1:14 pm

There was Michael then Kobe. Now Anthony ...
America: A country so great that billions want to come here and even her haters won’t leave.

collegecoach8502

Post by collegecoach8502 » Sun May 05, 2024 10:57 pm

i77cat wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 5:31 pm
I've heard of Anthony Edwards. I've seen clips of him. I don't know who he plays for. I'm willing to accept that he's one of the two best players in the world. The NBA just doesn't entertain me. Great players. Bad product. Shorten it to 40 game seasons and you'd have something. Plenty of people love it the way it is, though.
Michael Jordan's son. One of them was bound to be really good.
"He is a 6-foot-3, sweet smiling, fun loving boogeyman who will decimate entire teams, then sign autographs and take pictures with his fallen foes' children.

He is a question with no answers."

Cat Forever

Post by Cat Forever » Tue May 07, 2024 1:46 pm

The Warriors could have drafted Anthony Edwards but Steve Kerr didn't want him:

https://bolavip.com/en/nba/the-shocking ... ny-edwards

Minnesota wanted to trade down from the #1 pick, but the Warriors were not interested. Kerr and Meyers were worried about Ant Man's "enthusiasm and drive". Kerr told Anthony after workouts that if the Warriors had the 1st pick (they had the 2nd) they wouldn't take him.

I guess they were more impressed by James Wiseman ... So much for Kerr's ability to judge people and talent! Reminds me of Sam Bowie going ahead of Jordan.
Last edited by Cat Forever on Wed May 08, 2024 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
America: A country so great that billions want to come here and even her haters won’t leave.

catnhat

Post by catnhat » Tue May 07, 2024 7:28 pm

Edwards had a lousy pre draft workout w GS. He thought he was working hard. Kerr told him how bad it was. After watching Steph and some others Edwards realized Kerr was right. He had to learn how to really work hard. Apparently he’s figured it out.

Cat Forever

Post by Cat Forever » Wed May 08, 2024 10:05 am

catnhat wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 7:28 pm
Edwards had a lousy pre draft workout w GS. He thought he was working hard. Kerr told him how bad it was. After watching Steph and some others Edwards realized Kerr was right. He had to learn how to really work hard. Apparently he’s figured it out.
Kerr outsmarted himself. He assumed from a single workout he had found a flaw in Ant Man's game. Nevermind that everyone else who watched him play multiple games in a 32 game complete college season saw superior talent. That included the SEC coaches who voted him SEC Freshman of the Year honors in a class that included Maxey and Okoro among others.

So Kerr and Meyers decide to keep the #2 pick and took James Wiseman who played a total of 3 college games. I guess he had a good workout for Kerr who completely missed his flaws and then proceeded to fail in his development ...

Missing on a #2 pick and not going for a #1 pick put the Warriors where they are today and will probably cost Steph a 5th championship.